“This is a must! Your time in Fiji will not be complete without a stay at Danny's!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Danny's Village Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Namatakula
Danny's Village Homestay
Ranked #1 of 3 Namatakula B&B and Inns
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

Seriously, it is THAT good. I stumbled upon Danny's and feel so blessed that I did. Danny's is operated in the small village of Namatakula - where time is a bit slower, people a bit friendlier, and life is a bit better. I think the experience is enhanced by the beautiful hosts of Danny's: Sake and Toupo. Wow, talk about sincere, caring, and down-to-earth. From the moment I arrived we shared hugs and laughter! And, they made certain I was happy and comfortable my entire stay!
I truly can't say enough about what a beautiful, authentic Fijian experience this was . . . to feel like a family member, and a part of a real community was amazing!
I can't recommend this enough for anyone and everyone . . . Happy Travels!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank orangesandcoffee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

I had booked a holiday to Fiji with my 14 year old son in December (due to bargain priced flights) without knowing a thing about the country. Through this forum, I found out about Danny's homestay on the Coral Coast, we also decided on Treasure Island for a few nights. (Again, due to this forum and then my own research)

We had the MOST FANTASTIC time at the homestay!!! Our hosts Tupou & Sake couldn't have possibly done anymore for us!!!!! We were treated like a combination of Royalty and Family!

When we arrived they asked when we would like to eat (Even though it was getting late) I thought it might be a little snack, but it was a BEAUTIFUL, FRESH,HOMEMADE, FULL MEAL consisting of curried fish, a wonderful chicken dish, a succulent beef dish, 4 different local vegetables and rice, fruit & the neverending offer of 'juice' (They loved their soft drinks!!).

And it just got better from there, sure the rooms were basic (but clean), we went to Church with them, snorkelled with them, ate with them, laughed with them, exchanged stories with them, ate with them, learnt from them, taught them, went to the waterfall with them, ate with them, watched the 'lovo' being prepared, ate the most amazingly cooked lovo meal with them (which included Morton Bay Bugs and Crayfish, on the side!!!) walked around the Village with them, had a bon-fire on the beach with them.......

Where do I stop???

As I mentioned I went with my 14 year old Son, this can be a tricky age. Not ONCE did he complain about a single thing, let alone ask about MSN or anything else, as there wasn't anytime!!!!

Treasure Island was also beautiful. Air-Con, ensuite, organised activities, never-ending pool.... The 'Smorgy's' meals were very average though. Why were we paying top dollar for Western Food when only a few days earlier we were eating the freshest, most delicious homecooked meals for a fraction of the price????

I paid $95 p/n for myself, and I think $60- for my Son (fijian). You honestly can't beat that!!! I actually felt guilty!!!!

We were at Danny's on the 23-26 Jan 2010, and I can guarentee that the experience was amazing, and one that my Son and myself will value forever!

I could keep going on, but then I would never stop. Please check out the website!!! And possibly your next visit could be your best holiday ever!!!! I know we have formed a strong bond with this amazing couple, and their friends and families, and will definately be back!!! (Who knows when, that doesn't matter!)

Resorts are fantastic and everything is at your fingertips. But why not have an 'experience' with the true Fiji. Tupou and Sake and all they offered us was truly amazing! My Son talks about our stay there much more then our Island Paradise!!!!

www.fijihomestays.com

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank firsttimefiji
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

Early December 2009 we went to Fiji to stay on the island resort - Beachcomber - it was great. We had been there 3 or 4 days and I thought we would get off the island and head to the mainland of Viti Levu to the area called the Coral Coast. Some people I had meet over dinner on Beachcomber had visited the Coral Coast and even though I have visited Fiji 4 or 5 times I had never been to the Coral Coast. After a quick internet search I found fijihomestays.com and decided to stay in a village. The website put it the trip together for us. At first I didn't like the idea of a home stay where you stay in someone’s house but the website said you get your own cabin ...so I took a chance and we went to Danny’s - boy am I glad we did.

Isso (Danny's driver) meet us at Denarau Harbour and drove us the 2 or so hrs to the village of Namatakula where Danny's Homestay is. The Yasawa Flyer got into the port about 6pm so we arrived at Danny's at around 8pm. Sake and Tupou the couple who run Danny's were there to make us feel welcome and after putting our bags in our cabin - little wooden cabin with a tin roof - no ensuites but very comfortable - we were served dinner. Fish, chicken, fresh fruit and vegetables all prepared in traditional Fijian style - sensational. The cabins are away from the main cabin just far enough to not feel we are staying with a family yet close enough if we need to go to the main house to get a coffee or a snack. Sake has spent some time planting the gardens around the homestay so it felt like our own little part of Fiji. After dinner we sat around talking and getting to know the family.

Next morning we woke to the noise of the water lapping on the beach and from our cabin window we could see the water not more that 5m away from the cabin. It looked so good we had a morning swim before breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs, toast and a cup of coffee. After breakfast Henry took us on a tour of the village and everyone was so friendly - Bula is a word you need to know - At our request Sake had organised a tour to Eco Park (a wildlife park featuring animals from Fiji) Isso drove us there after lunch (toasted tuna and cheese sandwiches, fruit and orange juice and coffee) and I would recommend it as something to do while visiting the coral coast. Back at the village before dinner Henry took us snorkelling and I was amazed at the amount of fish just off the beach. The coral formations were large and the giant clams are a sight to see. No fishing is allowed in front of the village as it is a wildlife reserve so there is plenty of fish to see. After dinner (more traditional delicious Fijian food - can I make a point here - there is so much food on offer at meal times that we could not eat it all) because of such a busy day we just went to the cabin, read and had an early night. The next day (our last day) we spent most of it snorkelling and swimming in the bay. The water was crystal clear and we were happy to lie on the beach, read and soak up the suns warm rays. That night for dinner Sake prepared a lovo and we got to help put it altogether. The experience of preparing the lovo is something that I will never forget. I know the Fijians prepare lovos many times during the year for special occasions but for us just being apart of it was very special and something I will never forget. After dinner we stay in the main cabin listened to Fijian music, talked and just generally enjoying everyone’s company.

The next morning after breakfast we had to leave but I can honestly say that leaving was a joyful and sad moment for us. Sad because we had to leave but joyful because we had got to meet and experience the real Fijian way of life and had the chance to meet some great people from another culture. If I had known about Danny's before our Fijian holiday I would of definitely planned a longer stay at Danny's. THANK YOU! SAKE HENRY and TUPOU for your hospitality. I would think nothing of it to recommend Danny's Village Homestay to any of my friends and family visiting Fiji.

Bula Vinaka. Brad from Auckland, New Zealand.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mymissionfitness
Auckland New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

I wanted to stay in a village and chose Dannys Homestay. I was met at the resort and driven down to the Coral Coast to DANNYS where I spent two days.

Dannys right on the water and I’d recommend this village for families - Saki and Toupu were excellent hosts and just couldn’t do enough for me.

I accompanied them out fishing, snorkeling and gathering coconut seedlings for transplanting. Coconut palms take near on 20 odd years to mature. I will be close to 80 before someone climbs the palms I planted.

I could not help notice that boats from the local resort were bringing their guests to snorkel in the water just off the beach outside my cabin – where I relaxed with a cold beer ( Alcohol is OK )

Henry, from the village, my snorkeling guide said this was because the waters in front of Danny’s has been a marine reserve for past 6 or so years and this is the best snorkeling on the coral coast…I could not agree more as there were huge schools of fish…the giant clams are an awesome site, right off the beach in front of Danny’s.

The home stay is excellent, cabins that have beds, and eating is in the main Dining kitchen area set up with tables and chairs. Again meals were traditional Fijian food with plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and fish.

There was a choice for Breakfast from a cooked breakfast eg: eggs in the style you prefer, scrambled, poached or fried through to casual. I was happy with toast and tea.

Water is boiled on an open fire for the separate private shower cubicles.

I would recommend to anyone contemplating a holiday in Fiji to consider spending a few days in a village – To Experience the real Fiji. The stay directly goes to support the village community and positively improves their lives.

Don2k4 New Zealand

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Don2k4
Albury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

My niece and I stayed with Tupou and Sake this month at Namatakula Village on the Coral Coast. We felt amazingly welcomed into both their homestay as well as into the village. Tupou and Sake’s place is situated right on the beach in lovely gardens they have created.

If you really want to find out about Fiji and the people and not just hang in a resort which whilst lovely could be in any country, any city, give Tupou and Sake a call. You can book by calling Tupou direct and make a booking on H (0679) 7187503 or M (0679) 6209024 If we had known we could do this we would have been able to spend many more nights with them as we ended up losing days while attempting to book through the homestays website while in Fiji. This was due to intermittent internet connections on our behalf. Please note that the Homestay website were extremely helpful when we did get it sorted – not their fault.

We already had package accommodation booked at the Sofritel in Nadi (exceptionally nice but a resort!) and were happy to pay for the privilege of being welcomed into the Village and Tupou and Sake's homestay. They have 2 individual cabins with double beds, fans and insect nets as well as a backpacker cabin. There is a shared shower and toilet block. They are working hard to get the information about their homestay out to travelers and constantly improving their business. It is clean and comfortable and the food and hospitality amazingly good – Tupou and Sake made us feel absolutely welcome and included us in village life (as much or little as you want - determined by your wishes) This can't be beaten by any other experience I have had and I have traveled as an independent traveler extensively. Every dollar that individuals make in the village assists not only the family but contributes to the whole village wellbeing. Both Bec and I plan to come back to the Village when we are able. I encourage you to at least try and spend a couple of nights with Tupou and Sake. You will be pleased you did. We will add photos later

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank brandyalexander123
caloundra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

We had a day trip to Dannys. We were staying at the Navitti Resort, myself and my 2 sons 10 and 12. Taupu came to reception and picked us up and we travelled the 10 mins to the village on the local bus. Their home is right on the waters edge and surrounded by gardens and coconut trees. Taupu explained to us all the things the plants are used for from treating diabetees to labour. They had a luvoo lunch for us and we were able to see the food going into the ground. We visited the school and the grade 1 class sang songs for us. The boys went in their year levels and experienced what the fiijian children were learning. That was a real eye opener. We had a lovely lunch and went snorkeling in the lagoon. A young village boy climbed the coconut tree and the boys had fresh coconuts to eat. They made us feel part of the family and I would recomend it to anyone. We went the next day with to the waterfall and had another wonderful day. It was a awesome experience and really worth taking the time to do. If we went back we would stay at their homestay a couple of nights as well.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank sunriseCaloundra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Namatakula
The Warwick Fiji
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,826 reviews
The Beachouse
The Beachouse
#1 of 2 in Korolevu

Been to Danny's Village Homestay? Share your experiences!