“Lots of Food”

Mills River Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/82/802969/restaurant/Asheville/Mills-River-Restaurant-Mills-River
Asheville
“Lots of Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We generally come here after hiking or biking in Pisgah Forest so we're usually pretty hungry. The menu is enormous and it ranges from mediocre to great. You can add a salad bar to anything for about $2, half the food comes with sides or fries or just an extra pound of something to make sure you don't leave hungry. I think the Greek specialties are the better parts of the menu (pastitsio, moussaka in particular) but there should be something for everyone. We've probably eaten here about a dozen times and the service has always been decent.

2 Thank dbaaronson

Flat rock, NC
“DO not eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had lunch here yesterday. I ordered soup and salad. While I was eating my soup I bit into a broken glass thermometer. I showed the broken thermometer to my waitress. She took it to the owner and showed it to him.

No one came to my table to apologize. After a few minutes I asked the waitress if I could have the thermometer back. She went and asked the owner and he refused. I did have the chance to see the owner as I was paying for my meal. His only consideration was not to charge me for the soup. No apology or anything.

When I left I called environmental health and reported this incident to a food inspector. He told me he would go out that afternoon and inspect the restaurant. He did call me back after the inspection and told me they had thrown the soup away. That was a relief. Judging by the way I was treated I didn't think they had enough sense to do that.

I don't recommend ever eating here. Who knows whatr goes on in the kitchen.

5 Thank Joseph C
K-Vegas, NC
“Nasty, old food. Not what it used to be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I have to seriously question any five star reviews for this place. My experience consisted of old seafood, old mayonnaise (imagine pouring the slime off of it), old baked potato and the nastiest salad bar I've seen in maybe ever. Visited here last year and it was pretty good. Today, literally could not eat it. Waitress had a bad attitude but got the job done. I couldn't decide if she was just irritable or really disliked her job. In the end, she agreed that the food was not worth eating. Go somewhere else.

4 Thank JNTx3
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“A Must for Dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Mills River Restaurant is a must for dinner! Good food, good service, nice atmosphere and the desserts (all of them!!) are fabulous!

• Visited April 2013
Vilano Beach, Florida
“A large selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Main dish was good but the vegetables were canned instead of fresh. The service was very good. The menu was very extensive.

Visited April 2013