All reviewswedding receptionjunior suitehuge tvlooked fantasticpiping hotroom ratelovely gardencountry housechocolate brownieonly criticismafternoon teamulti taskinglog
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This is a charming 3* Hotel in a lovely setting and very reasonable price wise. We had a junior suite which was absolutely fine although there was a plumbing problem in one of our other party members room. If it’s warmth your after there is plenty of that as the heating is constantly on... pipes everywhere and hot.
We had an evening meal in the restaurant and the food was excellent, couldn’t fault anything and nicely presented too and so was the breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I would recommend a junior suite.!
Stayed October 2017, travelled on business

Room Tip: If you are a couple go for a junior suite
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017

My room was crawling with insects - absolutely disgusting and unacceptable! I had to remove a large spider from the bath on my first night, followed by several smaller ones throughout my stay. The room was covered in ladybirds and I had to swat several flies during my stay. This is the sort of thing I'd expect from a student hostel or squat! Gross!!!

At breakfast, the hot drink choices are tea or coffee. I asked each day for a latte (as the coffee offered was awful). I was told they don't serve latte at breakfast. By day three in the flea pit, I had to say just add the cost of a latte to my bill.

The room itself was very dated and run down with old fashioned, tired furniture. There is no lift to the upper floors.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The staff were so helpful. My partner is blind and they couldn't do enough to help her, made a fuss of our dog too. The food in the restaurant was delicious and beautifully presented. The log cabin was lovely, if a little hot when we arrived, but the excellent ac soon sorted that out. We would recommend this to anyone

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
VipulGrange, General Manager at The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Brett

Thank you for your very kind comments.

We were only too pleased to be of service to you and we hope that we may be again in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The drive up to the hotel and the initial impressions as you park are positive. It is old manor house, tucked away from the road, that promises a peaceful night and a change from any of the mass produced hotels that are priced at the same rates. However, whilst it is peaceful and is in a lovely setting the interior of the hotel is just a bit too worn out and really needs some serious investment. The carpets on the stairs are worn through in many places and it felt tired and a little shabby in both the room we stayed in and the public areas. The central heating was also on and it was boiling. We mentioned it, as did other guests, and although it was turned down down in the evening it was back on in the morning. Breakfast was of a very good standard and cooked to order. But the lady serving breakfast was also checking people out and as a result the customer service lacked any real pleasantries or warmth. When we asked for the bill we were simply told how much, with no printed off invoice listing the room, drinks at the bar and the food. We won't be returning.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I got married here yesterday and felt I needed to leave a review whilst it is fresh in my mind.

Everything about the day was perfect. The venue is gorgeous and looks great for photographs.

We all agreed how fantastic the food was. The wine was great too. We then had a fantastic evening event with casino tables they provided. The staff were really great and engaging with the guests and children.

We stayed in a cabin, and although there was an issue with the water pipe, instructions to sort were clear and we had a great nights sleep.

The guests then all enjoyed the buffet breakfast. I would certainly advise this as a wedding venue. Some reviews seem very harsh for this hotel, however we are all entitled to our opinion

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ben H

Dear Ben & Samantha

Firstly we thank you for your review, and for your very graceful and kind comments.

From all of us at the Grange we wish both you and Samantha a wonderful married life together, you make such a lovely couple and we are pleased that you had a perfect day.

We would like to note that the water issue in the cabin has now been resolved and fixed and we apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused to you during your stay.

We wish you both the very best and hope to see you in the future.