Lyra Resort & Spa
US$95
  • Pool
Sunconnect Sea World Resort & Spa(Kizilagac)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$264
US$256
Travelocity
Sunrise Resort Hotel(Kizilagac)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$177
US$222
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsenjoyable vacationthe main hotelmaid service was greatblue flag seawonderful daysamphi barsea viewpinch of saltbit datedgreat vacationlobby baraqua parkevening showsclub roombeer and soft drinksanimation teamsfake goods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed with two children who loved the place. Very good food. Almost too much. However keep to the beer and avoid the wine if you are travelling "all included". The only negative aspect with the hotel is that most of the staff likes to talk German rather than English.
I will certainly return to this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank morbror
Lyra Resort M, Yönetici at Lyra Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2015

Dear Morbror,

First of all, thank you for your comments. We kindly inform you that we have some renovations at our hotel and offered services. We will be happy to see you again in Lyra Resort.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel in the summer of last year (2012) with our 2 kids and had a good time. The room we stayed in (5th floor) was large and had a wonderful view. The room was not new and could use some TLC but it was very clean. Yes, it was crowded but what can one expect in july? The food was good, the staff were friendly, the beach was beautiful. The minibar was refilled every day and the all in was to our satisfaction. All in all a great holiday, especially for the kids (8 and 10 at the time) They loved the pools with the slides. To me, it was not a 5 star hotel but i got great value for the price I payed. Taxi's and busses right in front of the hotel. When you get a chance, visit Side.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Yousra L

Dear Mrs. Yousra L.,

First of all, thank you for your nice comments. We kindly inform you that we have some renovations at hotel in the new seasons. We will be happy to see you again in Lyra Resort.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Very good hotel. A lot of space in the room.
Magnificient spa and very nice massages (at very good price)
2 min from sea
Breakfast buffet with a lot of choice.
It's just too far away from city center but a very good place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aurélie et Tayf... T

Dear Mrs. Aurélie et Tayf,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments.. We will be happy to see you again in Lyra Resort.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

We went to Lyra in march 2012. Weather was not great and neither was location as it was in the middle of nowhere, that is no problem if you just want a beach relaxing holiday but no good if you want to explore. Hotel was beautiful only downfall too many germans and english not a known language. Food was ok and hotel cnt complain was nice.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Mina154995
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I just returned from Turkey by the way of Germany visiting family who lives in Germany. We booked a week at this resort through Sato Travel and had several choices but read reviews on trip advisor and we choice the Lyra. What a bad choice but I would have hated to see what the others were like. The resort looks nothing like the wed site pictures and our rooms were in the bungalow which sits apart from the hotel. The odor was horrid. It smelled like raw sewage. We had to keep the bathroom doors closed at all times. Around the the court yard fountain was odors. To get to my room which was on the second floor was like walking through a jungle. Everyday I had to break away at the weeds growing up the railings. But guess what? The last day there the cut it back lucky me. In the US if you have issues was your accommodations and you go to hotel management they try most the time to satisfy their customers. I asked to be upgraded to the main hotel and told them I would be willing to pay the difference on two difference occasion and the front desk staff each time had a difference excuse. I know there were rooms available because the second time I asked the guy who I spoke to told me. After he went back and asked someone who I guess was the manager he came back to say there's no rooms. Now let's get with the details of the property. The food was horrible. I ate the same thing everyday because most of the food was recycled leftovers. This resort reminded me of a low budget cruise ship that you would sail on once but would never book it again. First day on the beach stray dogs and we saw one pooping right on the beach. I thought my family were joking earlier when they said there was dog poop floating in the water. That did it for me I stayed away from the beach and the water. The resort does not maintain the beach however further down the beach the other hotel keep their beach much nicer. The areas surrounding this resort is unkept. It's almost like they built these resorts in the middle of an improvised area. When we first arrived getting there I thought where are we going. Run down houses with over grown weeds and lots of trash and garbage. I had to keep saying to myself This is not home keep and open mind. This being my first time in Turkey I really did not know what to expect. After traveling around I did see areas that were much nicer than this resort such as Side. This ares was really nice and is more of what I am use to. I did not see any of their hotels but it's much cleaner and groomed. I own two 5 star resort in the US one in Myrtle Beach and another in Orlando both Marriott properties so maybe I am a little spoiled. Don't get me wrong I have stayed in bad properties in the US as well but my biggest complaint was the staff at this resort. They don't care about their customers, they were not helpful nor were they friendly. The tax drivers were more helpful than the resort staff. My over all rating and grade for this resort is an F. I would never stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: Stay in the main part of the hotel. Bungalows had odors. Everything is located in hotel part of the resort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family