Aftas House(Taghazout)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$64
Adventurekeys Surf Camp Taghazout(Taghazout)(Great Value!)
US$23
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Breakfast
The Cozy Pirates(Taghazout)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$35
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Surf Maroc L'Auberge(Taghazout)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Beachfront
The Surf Hostel(Taghazout)(Great Value!)
US$26
Hostelworld.com
Ilyas Surf House(Taghazout)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
La Vida Surf(Taghazout)
US$70
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
All reviewssurf camproof terracethe penthousehash pointmain buildingaround noonbefore bookingsolo travelbedroom apartmentyoga studiosea watergiving tipsworked perfectlysunset yogabuffet breakfastdaily routinemoroccan dishes
Reviewed 12 June 2018

This was my first solo travel. Never been in Morocco and never surfed, so there were many things that were on my mind. I booked 5 nights, so it was also possible to modify and not just take that 7 nights package.

First of all, I already felt so welcoming before arrival as James was easy to contact and very helpful. So I was very excited already... But once I arrived I was just thrilled about how friendly, helpful, HAPPY and easygoing all were and how smoothly all went. I mean all I met! I felt super safe all the time.

Other guests were amazing and we had a good and very international group! The community feeling was great to have, you don't get that in any hotel. The village itself was small and friendly, a chill atmosphere!

I was staying in Cloud 9 apartment which was located just next to roof terrace where dinners were served. It was amazing! I could easily live there like forever - waking up for the peaceful sound of waves.

After breakfast we went to surf shop to take our boards and were heading to find the perfect surf spot for that day. As I stayed in May/June, waves weren't that big but perfect for beginner like me. We were in different spots every day which was nice. Zak really saw the effort to find the best spot for us!

I surfed for 4 days (one day break in between) and each night I joined sunset yoga. Lamia was very nice yoga teacher and was modifying the yoga classes for us - if all were tired, we did some yin and when we were more energetic - we did some vinyasa.

All food was very fresh and tasty. I'm glad that I had an opportunity to eat some very Moroccan dishes! Lunch was served around noon and timing was always perfect.

So let's wrap it up! People, surfing, yoga, food, apartment, the village. Just simply a paradise where you can forget everything else. I'm definitely going back at some point :)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We had an absolutely brilliant time at Surf Berbere. We were a group of 4 girls in our 30s (ahem) with some experience of surfing and weren't 100% sure what to expect from our trip. We were met at the airport and taken straight to Taghazout which took around 50 mins and were met by smiling faces who let us know the day to day routine. We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment which overlooked the sea which is a small walk away from the main building - it had a small kitchen, 2 bathrooms and was clean. We were up early everyday ready for breakfast at 8am which was a delicious buffet of crepes, fresh fruit, yoghurts and fresh coffee all enjoyed right next to the sea. After breakfast we made our way to the surf shop where we were kitted out with boards and wetsuits then driven to the beach where surf conditions were assessed. Surf lessons were great, Rachid and Zak were very helpful and catered for all our experience - we had so much fun and caught more waves than expected. Lunch was served on the beach and was a variety of rice, cous cous or pasta options, either meat or veggie. Afternoons were spent at the beach catching a few more waves before making our way back to the apartment to get ready for sunset yoga. You can't beat the location for yoga and the teacher was brilliant and caters for all standards.

There are a number of local restaurants for dinner that we tried. We ate one night on the terrace at Surf Berbere and had tagine, another night pizza just down the sea front, we also tried Just Be which is a short taxi drive into Tamaracht and we would THOROUGHLY recommend it - a beautiful, newly opened organic vegan cafe where the food was exceptional. Also give Auberge a try; local food and delicious. As a treat we went to Munga Guesthouse which is an incredible boutique hotel tucked away with a beautiful terrace and the food was incredible (try and have a peak at some of the rooms, they are amazing). By far the most expensive but still very reasonable given the quality of food (plus, they serve moroccan wine, bonus!)

Overall we loved it. The only small gripes as others have mentioned were that we did get ill - i'm pretty sure this was from the sewage in the sea water as one girl didn't surf and didn't get ill! Don't let this put you off though as the sewage works are nearly complete and should clear all the sewage out of the water. The whole experience was fantastic value for money and we really hope to come again soon.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The experience was fantastic, the food was consistently amazing every course. The waves treated us well and when they didn’t which was rare I definatly advise people to take the ride Imsouane. All three hosts that worked with us Muhammad, Archaraf and Leon were all amazing working hard to accommodate all of our needs. The surf instructors helped improve our technique and gave great advice. Not just that but they were also just fun to be around. We didn’t chose to do any yoga because my sister and I really focused on surfing at least 5 hours a day so we were really exhausted at the end of the day. All in all Surf Berbere definatly deserves the 5 stars!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The location is nice cause its so close to the water. So when you eat the really delicious breakfast you can see and hear the sea around you. The surf is good and the instructors do their best to help you to learn. Vegetarian meals are not so tasty but okey and give you energy to surf. The dorm is quite spacious and on the top floor but there is only one toilet/shower. You should really try the yoga. Even you haven't done it a lot before its just an experience you dont want to miss.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Surf Berbere has the most amazing location right on the sea so you can fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves. The apartments are clean and comfortable, the food is good and the staff are super friendly. It’s great not to worry about anything as everything is organised for you so you can just relax and enjoy the day. The surf lessons and equipment are excellent. Cannot wait to return!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends