“What a week”

Taghazout Surf Hostel
Hamburg, Germany
“What a week”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I spent a week at the hostel and probably gained around 5kg. The food there is amazing! Fatima and Naima do an excellent job in the kitchen.
The whole staff in general are very friendly and try their best to meet your expectations and needs. I had a great time and can only recommend the hostel.
I loved Taghazout and will surely go back there sometime.
Oh, and it's definitely worth a trip to Paradise Valley in the mountains (google for pics!). One can get a scooter from Agadir and spend a beautiful day driving there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jannik P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were first attracted to the hostel because of the all inclusive fee. If you're looking to take a surf trip to Taghazout this is your place. They have everything you need at the hostel. When you tally up boards, wetsuits, lessons, rides and meals you won't find a better value than at this place. The staff is amazing. Great people and very relaxed. I had so much fun and I hope to visit again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place was by far the best place we went in Morocco. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere, staff are really helpful and it has absolutely everything you need. The food was pretty good, they provide breakfast, lunch and dinner if needed. We stayed in one of the separate apartment rooms and it was really nice and pretty big - two bedrooms, shower room, kitchen, living room, dinning room, roof terrace. If there's no surf in Taghazout the guys will drive you to a nearby beach which does have surf and they have all the gear you need.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hostel itself is fine, but there were several points where I felt let down by the owner.

-I booked this hostel for two nights and paid €30/night upfront for a double room, I later found out the price on the website was €20pppn.The website needs to state its prices clearer since I dont understand why I was charged €30.

-The night I arrived it was difficult to get hold of the owner to arrange for a transfer to the village. I took a taxi by myself to the village of Taghazout and got pointed towards Surfhostel Taghazout. Because of a powercut in the village that night, they couldnt double check my booking, but gave me a double room. The next day I realised while talking to the hostelowner I had checked into the wrong hostel, there are TWO hostels with exactly the same name, I was never informed of this before my arrival. I went to talk to Yassine, the owner of the other Surfhostel Taghazout, but despite not staying the night there or having breakfast the first night, he would not give me any money back or even a discount. I decided to move to his place to not lose the other €30 as well. I found him rather inflexible regarding the price, since I was planning on staying the rest of the week in his hostel, he could have thrown in some sort of discount, even if it was just to compensate for my inconvenience of having to move again.

-I ended up in a separate house in a double room, nice having the house to myself, apart from the persistent smell of gas due to a very old boiler in the kitchen.

- I then noticed that the taxi transfer to Agadir busstation he charged at €30, whereas any taxi would not charge more than €15 and that was before haggling. Bit cheeky to charge double the normal price.

I had a very nice stay in the village, the accomodation was nice, just the money side of things let the place down.

Room Tip: Dont know about the rooms in the hostel since I stayed in the house a bit up the road.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank qwien
Yassine O, Booking at Taghazout Surf Hostel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear guests,

Our prices for the double 20€ per person per night (Min 2 pax for a double room).
In your case you got really good deal for paying 30€ per night in stead of 40€.

We always advice our guests to take a taxi with us to make easy for us.

The other hostel with "similar name" is "the surf hostel" and we are "Taghazout surf hostel" which is different.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went to Morocco for two weeks, explored Atlas mountains, Marrakesh and Essaouira....By chance we decided to stop at Taghazout for 2 days on our way from Essaouira to Agadir. This was the best thing we did the whole trip...Taghazout has a really nice vibe to it, its really chilled out and has amazing surf. We had ran out of things to do at Essaouira, and Taghazout was the perfect stopping point for a few days by the beach. You can pick up some amazing hostels for great prices on the beach front, and your balcony/back door is the beach...where there are incredible sunsets... Highly recommended.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My stay at the Taghazout surf hostel was nothing but enjoyable. Staff were amazing, the place was really clean and the food was unforgettable. The home style feel of the place was my favourite part with all guests having dinner together, was a really good vibe.

Room Tip: A room next to a window as it gets a little stuffy if its hot, on the other hand the prayers go off...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

It was hard to leave this great hostel. Great location central to shops and restaurants. The food cooked at the hostel every night was the best food I've had in morocco and so cheap. Staff are amazingly friendly, helpful and laid back. The rooftop terrace has ocean views and looks out to an amazing sunset every arvo. I'd reccommend this hostel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013