“Memorable overnight stay”

Ranked #5 of 11 Seascale B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Memorable overnight stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I stayed one night on visit to West Cumbria and had a memorable stay. My wife wanted a seaview and boy, that is what we got. Fantastic view from our spacious bedroom. I dealt with Sarah the boss lady on the phone and she ensured we got just what we wanted. The staff were really lovely, very friendly and welcoming. We had an evening meal in the hotel and the food was excellent. I would recommend Sarah and her brilliant team at the Bailey Ground to anyone (and grab one of the amazing home made icecreams while you are there). David Lancaster (Blackpool)

Room Tip: The view from room 3 out over the sea is stunning.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I chose this hotel for the location and that is the only reason we stayed.
On arrival I found out that this hotel is used during the week mainly for Sellafield staff and the rooms reflect this.
When we checked in we found that they didn't have any twin rooms available and so we were offered 2 rooms instead which would have been great if we could have got a picture on the TV's.
After being moved to various rooms in the space of 2 hours, we finally got settled, although the tv only worked in one of the rooms.

Although I was unimpressed with the standard of the rooms/hotel. (No games room either)
I can only praise the owner who ran around trying to find us rooms with working TV's, trying to fix them all as he went.
He even managed to fix the other TV the next day for us.

This hotel is great if you just need a bed as there is not much else to do.
The beach is just across the road and is great for the kids.

They also own the Ice Cream parlour at the front of the hotel and this is amazing.
They have a range of home made ice cream, butter, milk etc.
I was extremely impressed with the amount you got for your money too.
Even if you don't stay at the hotel, you MUST visit the ice cream parlour.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at the Bailey Grong Hotel with most of our family members for my nephews wedding which was being held at the Bailey Ground. The staff are brilliant they are always around to assist when you need them. The owners Richard and Sarah were fantastic, they got out of their way to help us. Richard always had a smile on his face. The wedding after party that we had in their function room was the best ever for me so far. Becka one of their brilliant staff was fantastic and very friendly. We are definitely considering going back there again, you will be guaranteed the best service by far. Thank you so much for making my nephew Tony big day a big success.

Room Tip: we hardly stayed in the rooms since we were out all day and most of the night at the wedding
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Richie and staff could not of been any more helpful. The rooms are to a high standard and the food is excellent. Although I went there with work I would have no hesitation taking the family there.

• Stayed June 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at the Bailey Ground Hotel with several colleagues during a work course. I was immediately impressed by the friendliness of the staff upon our arrival, and this continued throughout our stay. My rooom was extremely clean and comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for Richard the owner. The food was absolutely fantastic and I can recommend the fillet steak with port and stilton sauce as one of the best meals I've had in years! Will definitely stay again and look forward to doing so. Thanks Richard - even though you are a Newcastle supporter I had such a good stay I will forgive you for it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
East Kilbride
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Friendly, helpful service, excellent food, big portions, great value, nice rooms and the breakfast starts at 6:15am which is ideal if you need to be at neaby Sellafield early. No complaints. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012
Seascale, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

On a course I attended through work we headed to the Bailey Ground Hotel.
The seperate room made sure there were no distractions to what the course was regarding.
The food was excellent and plenty of it at every meal time. The coffee shop attached to the hotel offered a welcome break and great Latte.

Overall I had a very enjoyable 3 days at this location and would recommend any business using the Bailey ground for conferencing and team building events.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seascale
Westlakes Hotel & Restaurant
Carleton Green Country House B & B
The Santon Bridge Inn
The Santon Bridge Inn
#2 of 5 in Holmrook

Been to Bailey Ground Hotel? Share your experiences!