My wife treated me to a weekend break to Bath for our 32nd anniversary.
It was great.
We stayed in a chalet number 5, there were six chalets in a row and we were introduced to other guests sipping champagne outside their chalet celebrating their anniversaries.
The chalet was both practical and aesthetic. I liked the wet room, décor and the Talissimo coffee maker. The room was spotless, had Wi-Fi and a good flat screen TV.
The ivy clad pub was delightful, Butcombe beer on draft was my favourite and we snuggled up to some very good food in a rustic setting. The steaks were the best my wife has tasted in a long time, the butcher is mentioned on the menu. We had two very high quality evening meals.
Burton is a one horse town and the horse has run away but a 20 minute drive takes you to the Lansdown park and ride. It cost nothing to park the car and only £5 for two for the bus into Bath centre.
I cannot fault the Inn and we even had Hurricane Bertha giving us a bit of assistance sailing back up the M5 and M6 to home
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old House at Home inn provides tastefully decorated bed and breakfast accommodation and is ideal for those of you visiting Wiltshire, Bath, Badminton and Castle Combe or for travellers en route via the M4. The accommodation comprises five quiet double bedrooms and one twin room in a separate building from the pub. All come with en-suite wet room, plasma TV, broadband access and tea and coffee making facilities. Stay with us and experience our luxury 5 star accommodation at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Old House at Home Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old House At Home Hotel Burton
- The Old House At Home Inn Burton, Wiltshire