“Very average, wouldn't return”
Review of The Peeping Tom Pub - CLOSED

The Peeping Tom Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went here for a birthday meal with family. Nothing to shout about here. I had the sausage and mash, which wasn't too bad but the gravy (if that is what you could call it) was practically non-existent. Very thick and not much of it, ran out of it halfway through my meal so my food ended up being very dry and difficult to eat. My mum had the steak and she said it was like leather. Dad's chicken was dry. The only condolence was it was cheap, but I would rather have paid a bit more for a better quality meal.

No harm in trying the place but I wouldn't return, I could cook better myself at home and my culinary skills do not go far!

1  Thank DG6_891

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Family table of six visited this pub on Sunday....We all opted for the 2 course Sunday Lunch at £8.95 - Our waitress was very "smiley" took our drinks order and served them quickly and efficiently. We all moved to the Carvery for a nice Sunday Roast. The chef was shaking whilst carving.....the meat allocated on the first plate was so small we had to ask for more. Same with the next plate and the one after that!. Another Chef came out and told us the "new chef" was in training so that he could have a weekend off. I'm all for training new blood, but the portions were so small. Vegetables had been sitting on the carvery a long time...Each vegetable dish had a second dish of the same Vegetable next to it....We ate around 14.15....think the Veg had been there since the start of service....Soggy sprouts and Broccoli, Soft roast potatoes...was not what we expected from "the great British Carvery" We ordered sweets.....5 of us were served and the last one arrived 10 minutes later as they had run out of cream...The waitress was very apologetic. Regretfully the roof was leaking.....a large saucepan catching the drips!...wondered what they used it for later? The Pub is in need of some refurbishment..

2  Thank johnleybourne
Reviewed 29 May 2013

my wife and myself took our 2 young grand daughters to the peeping tom for tea and a treat. The service was very quick and friendly. The children loved the food and the eldest grand daughter decided she wanted spare ribs. It looked big but she ate the lot as it was very tender and tasty. The little one had the childs meal and she ate the lot too. it was a good choice.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been with family many times, and although sometimes busy, they do their best to accomodate you, food is always good, and hvae a lovely garden/play area for kids and adults,
can easily spend an afternoon in their, and with the footy or other sports on tV, this always a nice distraction
only minor negative is the new pool table is not really required, and in way of nice seating area arond TV,
i would reccommend any family to go and try it

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Overall, lovely. All staff were friendly and polite, and we got our drinks straight away, which is more than could be said for the food. We waited at least half an hour in the pretty much empty pub before our meals were finally served to us. We enjoyed our food however some small things did let them down, the chicken was tough and the steaks could've been served on sizzler plates. It's very much a friendly, community pub, and I would be happy to return :) Yum :3