We stayed at Royal Decameron March 15 and 16, 2014. This is my second time staying at this resort, the first time I didn't care for the food. This second time, the food was a lot better, not exceptionally good but whatever you can expect from an all-inclusive resort.
if you must go and spend some time at the beach in El Salvador, Decameron is probably the nicest place to stay. All rooms have AC and are clean. Some improvements could be done to the bathroom. our shower head was so dirty that the water came out at all different ways!
My biggest complaint is the lack of customer service by the staff. My dad has a bad knee and he cannot go up any stairs, the main lunch area doesn't have an elevator. The 3 times we went to eat, We asked the lady who greeted us (same lady, she was very very pregnant) if we could sit on the ground floor, she reacted like if we were bothering her, she said "what do you want me to do? there's no tables downstairs! I could see that there were some tables that needed to be cleaned and I just headed out to the tables ready to clean them for our group. This happened 3 times! she showed no compassion whatsoever for an elderly handicapped man. Management at this chain of resorts really need to train their staff on "Hospitality"!
A "let me see what I can do" or "we could accommodate your party but might have to wait for a little" anything but "what do you want me to do"!
Expensive, getting better but the staff sucks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Salvadorian Pacific Coast 90 km from the capital, San Salvador, the Pan American Highway, covering an area of 270,000 m2 with a mile of beach front. The Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel offers a fantastic Mayan flavored all-inclusive vacation experience. Located on El Salvador's Pacific coast, just 50 minutes away from San Salvador, Royal Decameron Salinitas borrows from the Salvadorian culture and its colorful architecture as the art using many Mayan statues distributed throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean; spend time in any of our four fresh water pools, or even in the spectacular salt water pool filled daily by the ocean tides while taking advantage of our all-inclusive drinks at any of our four distinctive bars. When the guests are not taking the Central American sun and they want more action, they are invited to join the fun with our professional activities staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Salinitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Decameron El Salvador
- Decameron El Hotel Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas San Salvador
- Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel
- Salinitas Decameron
- Royal Decameron Salinitas El Salvador
- Decameron San Salvador
- Decameron Salinitas El Salvador