A friend of mine and I went from March 20-27th. First I want to say that we paid $940 from Toronto for the all inclusive. I think a lot of these reviews on here are hard to gauge because we don't know how much someone paid. If I paid $650 for this resort I would be ecstatic (and some people did) for $1500 I would be a bit disappointed.
The food was better than I expected. The variety at the buffet isn't great, but you're not going to starve. There were only a couple meals that I was really disappointing in. This resort actually did beef better than any other AI I have been to. Fusion was the best A la Carte, and Bambu was the worst. I would skip Bambu and do Fusion twice (If you like seafood). For reservations we were able to make them for the whole week the day we arrived. I think people who struggle with reservations are people who come in for a couple days mid week. They're probably all booked up by the people that come in from Toronto and Montreal on AI's, so for them it's easy to get reservations.
The rooms are basic, clean and have comfy beds. There's not much more you could ask for. Most rooms have an ocean view.
The chairs around the pool are a plenty, but they're sooo freaking uncomfortable. We brought dollar store chair cushions for our butts and backs, they helped, but I wish I had a blow up raft.
Yes, most people at the resort speak Spanish, you are in Central America. Do your best to speak Spanish, it's not tough to pick up the basics. The only time it was sort of tough was in the restaurants, the people who take your order don't speak English. However most of the people serving wine seemed to speak English, I thought that was a bit backwards, but we made it through.
lots of day trip options. Anywhere from $50 - $100
You can reserve the tamascalli (steam hut) the day before. It's a great experience, you should go, it's included. Also, you can reserve the jacuzzi for a half hour at a time and it's also included, and there are some comfy chairs there. I got a massage for $35 for a 50 minute massage. It was great and really relaxing.
There are 5 pools to choose from. The one by fusion is always very quiet. You're also able to get free wifi at a lot of the pools.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Salinitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Decameron El Salvador
- Decameron El Hotel Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas San Salvador
- Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel
- Salinitas Decameron
- Royal Decameron Salinitas El Salvador
- Decameron San Salvador
- Decameron Salinitas El Salvador