“Jackson's Bakery”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This place is well known for not only its coffee, but it makes some of the best pies in the country. They have won Gold for their vegetarian pie, and others. There are a range of breads available - always interesting and a good buy.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

this is our regular stopover, all baking is top quality and value for money. always served with a smile, only one fault that i know of.....too much yummy stuff to choose from

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Good selection of food, but if shopping here, you know that you are paying too much for your choice.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Sorry, but any place I visit that charges me $5 for a pie is ripping me off. As a baker by trade, I do know how much is invested in one of these little suckers - and it's not all that much!!

Okay, okay, I may be a little stingy. Coming from Auckland (where you can visit a cornershop bakery and get a fresh pie for about half the amount anywhere I've found in Hawkes Bay), maybe I'm a little spoiled for pies. And to be fair, the quality was pretty good. I will actually bump my review up from Poor to Average now in respect of this.

Coffee was good, meals were okay. Service was not too bad...shame about the inflated price tag on the money spinner there, but hey, I guess thats why they win the pie awards consistantly!!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Jackson's have absolutely awesome pies, plus a large variety of other cabinet food and breads. Always busy, it's a great place to meet friends, or to grab a takeaway lunch.