“Noisy but nice”
Review of Pipi Cafe

Pipi Cafe
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pipi is all about you the customer we don’t mind if you come in your muddy gumboots or your Gucci stilettos, or if you drink Bollinger with your pizza or house red. We are very lucky in Hawkes Bay to be surrounded by wonderful produce and wine and our menu very much reflects this, where possible everything is local and organic. We don’t take ourselves too seriously but we do take what we do very seriously. Using the best freshest ingredients and cooking them to best bring out their natural flavours. Pipi was born out of my love of my children and food and now 15 years later this has not changed at all and is still at the heart of everything we do.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A totally different dining experience. Pizza's to die for and friendly welcoming service. If you're averse to pink or noise then it';s not for you. This is family and friendly dining at it's most relaxed.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Pipis is always a great place to eat. Pizzas are always fantastic, great choice of flavors,staff are courteous. The pink environment is an pleasing alternative to the traditional restaurant.

Negatives are the noise and a no booking policy. If you want a quiet conversation, then try somewhere else.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

It's very pink but it is A cool pizza place with nice beer, I liked the long sharing tables, some people might not.

1  Thank Miriam H
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've always loved Pipis, we often go there for a quick bite to eat as it is our go to place. Knowing that they are always very full, I booked a table for about 15-20 of us in their covered outdoor table. We arrived at different times, so the first half of us ordered, then the second lot ordered once the others had their food (which was fine with us). However once the second lot arrived everyones pizza arrived except for mine! I had to wait an extra 20 minutes to get mine, by that time everyone had finished. I graciously took it and ate fast! But I was given no explanation why it was late (I assume they had forgotten it or missed the order). I didn't mind as the night was so casual and I understand as I work in hospitality, but I would have liked an explanation.

On a brighter note, the pizza is always fantastic! I love the environment, the help yourself beer and soft drink fridges and they have a great variety of wines!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

You see it all over Hawkes Bay and the pizzas are as good as the Pippi Restaurant in Havelock easily. I usually get the families when they are at Westshore Beach at the local pub so get to enjoy a few crafty biers.