“Ticks all the boxes”

Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaskar is a classy Indian Restaurant serving authentic Indian cuisine by using local produce and authentic spices. Each dish is freshly made to order so you can experience the taste and flavour of different spices. Namaskar established in 2012 and has built its strong reputation, a family run Restaurant with a passion for quality food and great service, interior are warmly decorated with glamour wall papers and golden colour, lighting are beautiful and dimmed. This creates a smooth warm lively atmosphere. The Namaskar is a place where you can enjoy a fabulous authentic Indian meal with your friends or family in the warm and friendly surrounding.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have been here on at least 4 occasions and every time they do everything very well.
Great food, good service. The decor is very good and being BYO makes it well worth while.
Bets Indian meal my wife and I can remember.

3  Thank Ian M

Reviewed 22 July 2014

we always enjoy eating food here. the service is great and very friendly. the menu delivers unique Indian food with well balanced flavors and spices. beautiful, fresh and clean interior.

4  Thank Ranjbi s
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We enjoyed the warm but professional service in a comfortable well-decorated restaurant. The heater was turned up for us (without asking) which I really appreciate. The staff are lovely and their timing is spot-on. I enjoyed the Indian lager. My husband loved his potato and cauliflower curry and I loved the beef Vindaloo but the meat could have been cooked for much longer, it was a bit chewy. Next time I will order chicken or fish. We also tried the chicken tikka and it was lovely (also could have been cooked for longer ?). Maybe we won't go at 6pm next time! But we will definitely go again.

4  Thank Antoinette E
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've visited quite a few Indian restaurants all over New Zealand, and Namaskar is certainly one of the best I've been to. Service was prompt, staff were very friendly and very catering towards my needs. Quality of food was one of the highlights, and with such a great variety to choose from, I found it difficult to choose my favourite!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
4  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A regular go-to place for us. Consistently good food and service. Lovely owners and ambiance. Great place to meet with friends or enjoy a couples evening.

2  Thank SAE18