“Relax and rejuvenate” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Southport, Australia
“Relax and rejuvenate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

What a wonderful place to relax and rejuvenate. Spent 3 amazing nights here last week. Food was amazing so fresh and tasty. I wanted to bring the chef home. Staff are second to none, So friendly and helpful and willing to help in any way they can. And then there is the Spa, well words cant describe this place. Amazing treatments and amazing therapists.
Will be making this a regular occurrence,

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I recently returned to Gaia for my second visit, and what a treat again. I loved every minute of my time there, although would have liked to have stayed longer. From the moment I was picked up at the airport by John (Gaia organise airport transfers from Ballina) I felt relaxed and comfortable. My stay at Gaia was just so perfect in every way. The Staff were attentive and always willing to answer questions and help out if there was anything they could do to make my stay even better, and so friendly, I felt like I was back visiting old friends.The treatments in the Spa were excellent, a great variety on offer and such professional, thoughtful and nurturing Staff. I felt so relaxed and pampered after each treatment. The food at Gaia is a real treat, magnificently fresh produce, often sourced from their own garden. I bought the cookbook to try and bring some of that part of Gaia home with me! I enjoyed sitting at the communal table for dinner and meeting other guests. We had a delightful group staying at the same time as me. There are a variety of table sizes, including tables for one, if you prefer to have time to yourself. My room was beautiful, clean, welcoming and private. I enjoyed my quiet time reading my book in magnificent surroundings, so tastefully decorated.
Thank you Gaia, I will be back again, hopefully very soon for a longer stay!

1 Thank STACEY M
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was treated to a body treatment spa experience during our summer holiday by my husband. This was a surprise and I had no idea what treatment I was booked in for. I advised the masseuse of this when I arrived. The treatment was nothing short of divine and I left feeling like I was floating on a cloud. I texted my husband to advise I was finished and to pick me up. That's when he informed that it was meant to be a 3 hour session and that I had only been in for 2.5 hours. I approached reception to discuss the shortened session and after discussion with a colleague the receptionist decided to refund me $50.00 of the $370.00 fee. In my opinion if the session was shortened by 1/6th of the time then I should have received 1/6th of the payment. But I didn't feel that I should have even have had to mention this so I left it at that. Upon reading the information brochure afterwards about the inclusions to the particular treatment I noticed that I also missed a mud scalp treatment which for 30 mins had the value of $65.00. I only received a quick application of oil in my hair (which was quite difficult to wash out incidentally). For this I felt a little cheated out of my payment. I don't feel that I have remind the beautician about every inclusion or query why I didn't receive it. If it is on the brochure then include or give an adequate substitute or discount.

I would rave about this spa if it weren't for the fact that they didn't compensate me fully without having to pinpoint every mistake.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank teknobunnie
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I spent a wonderful week at Gaia, set in the lush green hills behind Byron Bay. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The meals were very creative and lovingly made from the retreats' gardens or using local organic produce. It is very peaceful and the staff glide around smiling and attentive to any request you might have. The spa staff and treatments are world class. You can start the day with yoga and then after a fabulous buffet breakfast you might want to join a cooking or clay sculpting class or just lay around the pool and read. There is tennis, a fully set up gym or if you want some gentle exercise you can walk around the property. If you need to slow down and be pampered this is the place for you. Thank you to the wonderful team led by Gregg Cave who made my stay so enjoyable. I am now ready for 2014. Mim W

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

From the moment I arrived I felt special! Personalised pampering, delicious healthy cuisine, the beautiful tropical setting and the warm and caring staff all contributed to a feeling of utter peace and contentment. I enjoyed the activities on offer including yoga classes and a bushwalk. The sessions on Chinese Medicine and Esoteric Massage were informative and interesting. The spa treatments differed from those I've had elsewhere due to their ability to connect with me energetically and spiritually. I would highly recommend the Acala Suite ........ very luxurious! A great place to go to alone, or with a friend or partner. I went on my own and met some lovely like minded people who made me feel at home straight away. Thanks to all at Gaia for a beautiful experience!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

GAIA RETREAT AND SPA :
Great retreat
Excellent treatments in particular the ones given by Dom.
Very good service and very tasty and light cuisine.
Only one point to be discussed : rooms one a bit small.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Yet again I hobbled my exhausted and stressed body, mind and spirit to my beloved GAIA. I said to myself - " If GAIA can have me leaving here in 5 days feeling like a 21 year old again it will be nothing short of a miracle." Well people . . . . miracles indeed do happen. I left GAIA with a distinct skip in my step and a wonderful positive energy that was just spilling forth. I caught a look at myself in the mirror and said "Who is that?" The food was simply sublime - Dan the Man (Chef) ensures the partaking of a meal is a sensory adventure. Whilst I was feeling too tired to even think about eating - I ended up savoring every bite. The healing center of GAIA - the wonderful Spa with the talented and caring healers and therapists, yet again, worked their wonderful magic - they are the best of the best in their chosen field. I booked myself in for a Detox Deluxe treatment which is 3 hours of pure bliss. Normally I would do anything I could to NOT be in a steam room (claustrophobia) but this was a vital part of the treatment. Thanks to my therapist Sonia I actually managed to enjoy it. Then there was the body wrap afterwards – this was also a new experience. Note: My new definition of an inappropriate thought is being wrapped up like a caterpillar during a wrap then recalling a random long forgotten fact that at given time a human has at least 8-10 spots anywhere on their body that are itchy." Fortunately I was able to kick that thought in the butt so I could get back to my beautiful treatment. I had another Astrology reading with Giselle - yep I'm a Leo all right with a whole lot of opposing planets in very interesting places. That explains a lot! Then there are the wonderful GAIA team at Kukura House- the most welcoming place on the face of the planet. Karen, Leanne (Momma Gaia), Kylie and Jody throw their arms open and hugs abound. And finally – another jewel among the many other jewels in the GAIA crown – Gregg Cave (Papa Gaia). He oversees this beautiful piece of paradise and the love for it shines right through him and those who share his vision. Also, may I suggest you skip the next Comedy Stand Up show that comes your way- just spend 15 minutes with Gregg and he will have you in a fit of laughter with tears streaming down your face and a stomach cramp to boot!! GAIA is the most peaceful, loving and joyous place to finally exhale. So put yourself on the top of the "To Do" List , leave the kids, laptop, work, hustle and bustle behind for a few days and allow GAIA to nurture you - you will not be disappointed and you may just catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and say " Who is that?!!"

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
SummerHills Retreat Byron Bay
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!