“Great experience”
Review of Stateline Brewery

Stateline Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pollock Pines, California
“Great experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Stateline Brewery. Loved it. Great happy hour. Our server, Nick was the best. Very personable and a really nice guy. We will be talking this up to our friends. We live in Pollock Pines so will be back.

Glen Allen, Va
“An unexpected treat!!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited Lake Tahoe for spring break in 2013. It is a really cool setting as it is located in a cellar type setting. We had chicken tenders, burgers, and a salad. All were superb and a great value. Most all of the other restaurants in town were very pricey (tourist trap and close to the Heavenly ski resort) and we just wanted a good meal before we headed back to Lake Tahoe. This was it.

• Visited April 2013
Lake Tahoe (California), California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for after-ski food and drinks”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have been going to the lower-level location for 5+ years and had a great time, usually. The beer choices are enormous. There are food specials and drink specials for happy hour, but I wish it ran from 4 to 6 PM rather than 3-5 PM since the ski resort closes at 4pm and it takes a while to get off the mountain and into the restaurant. I wish they provided Wi-Fi because my phone does not work there. I understand it's commom for restaurants to provide Wi-Fi for free these days, especially when they are located where cell service is unavailable. They usually have sports on TV's all around the restaurant. Recently, I got somewhat "bad" service at the bar: the girl was either new or just inexperienced working with different types of people. She served me on 2 occasions and it was bad: the first time there were no words exchanged, I was just offered a menu. No silverware was on the table when my meal was delivered. The girl had no words or interaction with me period! I had to thank HER for everything, which I had to ask for because she forgot it. So aggravating to have to deal with arrogant girls who think they are so young, pretty and blond that they cannot even acknowledge me . The second visit the manager had to take my order because I was sitting at the bar for so long with no drinks or menus in front of me. Again, I had to ask for a fork AFTER my meal was delivered. In the past 10+ visits I never had bad service. Some of the gals at the bar would give me free beer samples and the bumperstickers you see around the bar "drink tahoe brew". They always took the time to explain and recommend great beers. Now, the staff does not seem to have time for me or really care if I was there. Where I am from I am not accustomed to being treated like some kind of weirdo. That's how the server made me feel...like I was some insignificant person. She could not even speak or make eye contact with me. Servers can't decide they only want to greet and thank and even look at certain types of people. Since I'm here for an extended stay I'm going to explore some new places around the Heavenly Village, but you should still give Stateline Brewery a chance.

p.s. I don't know why they named their wi-fi network "Stateline Brewery" if customers are not allowed to use it. That makes it totally confusing! If customers can't use it then take your stupid name off the network. My phone has never worked in the basement bar so of course I'm going to try to connect to their named network. I don't think I have ever been unreasonable in asking if I can get on their Wi-Fi. The servers claim they don't know the password, but you see all those girls behind the bar on their phones constantly. If mine does not work in the basement I don't see how all their's do.

I have told the girls a few times in the past that happy hour should be moved back an hour or more, or just extended. I also told them they need to provide wi-fi due to their location. I know I was talking to the wrong people, but I get the feeling the management wants everything exactly this way: advertise a happy hour with unreasonable hours and not provide wi-fi because they think it will make people linger or attract people who are not buying food and drinks. However, upscale places usually don't have this problem. It's the fastfood places and coffeehouses that get people who consume nothing but the free wi-fi.

I'd like everyone to know that I'm not exaggerating when I say the girl said 3 words of less to me. I did not receive and verbal greeting, no checking back to make sure everything was ok, no asking if I needed anything else. I was given a menu and a check and absolutely nothing else in between. I did all the talking, including "THANKS" at least 5 times. That's why I'm not going back....and I'm talking about the stuck-up platinum blond chick in her early-mid 20's...the new b*tch

• Visited February 2014
San Diego, California
“If you need 3 hours to sober up before driving home, this is your place...”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We came here on a Sunday night, the Sunday of President's Day Holiday weekend. Their beer list is just okay. They had some decent ones, but not a ton. What irked me was that they had listed one of my favorite beers on the menu, but it was out of date and they didn't have it any longer. Update your menu!

That's a side track. Ok. We got there around 7:30. They said the wait for 40 minutes. We thought, ok sure. But it took closer to an hour and 15 minutes. This pissed me off, because had we known this, none of us would have stayed. We would have gone elsewhere for food. We finally get seated and they get our appetizers right away, but then it takes almost another hour for the food! When we did finally get the food it was mediocre at best. Pretty bland and unexciting actually. We asked if this kind of business was rare, but they said no, they get busy like this every weekend.

Well then hire more cooks, or servers, or whatever you need. You're running a business here, and those wait times are unacceptable.

• Visited February 2014
“Happening spot!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This place was rockin on a Saturday night. Bar and sitting area was packed! 4 of us managed to bell up to the bar and order some great beers and food. Being a big beer advocate, the pale ale was one of the best I've had to date. My wife and I split the fish and chips which was plenty to share. Fish was excellent and the fries was nice and crispy!

Visited February 2014