We have been owners at this resort for the last 15 years and have stayed here every year over that time. We like this place. The 2 bedroom units are large and have everything you need. There is a full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, sleeping for 8, with a king bed, 2 doubles, and a pull out couch. The units have recently been renovated and they are stylish and functional. The location is good. It is very near the lake, a mile from Heavenly, and the gondola, and next door to Riva Grill (excellent happy hour).
The place is in the midst of an ongoing renovation. The front entrance is closed, the parking situation with the valets has been moved to the back of the resort and was a bit awkward, but not usually too much of a problem. The pool is closed. I think you can use a pool at a fitness club nearby, but we hardly use the pool as it is, so we didn't bother with that. The internet was free for a change, which was great, but based on something I heard at the desk, I question whether it will remain free. The valet costs something like $20 a day for people that aren't members, which would deter my from staying here if I wasn't an owner and had to pay it. The parking area is far away, but that isn't the guests' fault. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. The concierge desk doubles as an area to sign up for the timeshare tour. I recommend avoiding the tour at all costs. We hadn't gone in years, and got talked into doing it when we had some down time. The pitch this time was the most absurd that I had ever heard. Not worth the $100 at all. The room only gets cleaned once a week, which is fine for us, although that may be an issue for some people. There is a restaurant and bar in the resort, but we haven't used it in years. We love Riva Grill, MacDuff's, Basecamp Pizza, and Stateline Brewery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA