We booked this hotel after lots of deliberation with the travel agents, as we were made aware that it was undergoing renovation works. We decided to go for it as our main aim of visiting the area was to take advantage of the lake , not sit in the hotel, and the hotel had a great location. We did contact the hotel directly late 2013 who said most works would be complete by the time of out visit, which they were not, and quite major works were still being carried out at the front of the hotel. That said it did not detract from our visit too much, as the plus side is they have many refurbished rooms with great kitchen units, so if you are touring with a family it gives you a nice option from dining out one evening. Rooms were well appointed and nicely finished, view from ours over the lake was lovely, even with the builders scaffold scattered in the 'garden' below. Laundry facilities were good and situated on each floor, again very useful if on a long touring trip as we were with our children. The location by the lake really puts the works to the back of your mind, as it is right on the beach with great water sports rentals to choose from, our advice - hire kayaks to experience it early in a morning, brilliant.
Staff we OK - bar team were best, really chatty. There was a sell on time share but not pressured, a polite refusal and that was it. Resort fee of $20 per night is payable what ever, and includes wifi and parking. At first this was off putting as it was a non negotiable, which I took exception to. However the advantage was to dump your car at the valet and just call them when you needed it, very convenient, and actually worth the $20 per day. Advice to the hotel - drop the resort fee and just say you charge for parking, you will get less hassle, especially as parking is not in abundance locally. One more point get realistic about when you will finish the renovation project, your team think at best it will be Christmas, perhaps Santa will be kind and give a hand finishing off. My advice is you can still enjoy a short break here, just go with an open mind if they are still working on it......
Overall we have a good stay, thank you .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA