Nice resort in a great location right next to the lake. It snowed the majority of the time so we didn't really get to see the lake or take a cruise. We purchased a package thru Sam's Club which included a fireplace and balcony or terrace. These amenities only come with a bedroom unit, not a studio so you have to ask the Smart Circle staff for it at no extra charge. When we arrived they gave us a 1 bedroom unit with a fireplace but no terrace or balcony. I had to ask them for the correct room and they changed it for us. We had to move everything again to another floor. No lake views available...only for owners. I was irritated that they did this...it's as if they are trying to get away with something or make t he decision based on if you are going to do the 90 minute tour or not, which I declined. They kept offering free stuff to take the tour but I finally made them understand I wasn't interested...tired after travelling all day to get there. My son did give in to the tour thing but they ask for a $50 deposit which I think is crazy. He canceled the next morning and got a refund but was a bit of a hassle. The restaurant was good but a little expensive. No room service. The fireplace didn't work in my son's room and a technician was called twice to fix it. The kitchen is supplied very well and the beds are comfortable. Overall the rooms were very nice and the most of the staff very nice. They charged us for parking at $12 per night when I told them when I checked in that I did not have a vehicle. When I checked out they said this was a bit of problem because they put concierge's up front at check in to boost sales but they don't have access to billing in the computers. Doesn't make sense but they reversed the charges right away....irritating non necessarily. Most of the valets were very helpful in giving information on the area. If you have a group more than 5, you have to tip the valet to get you the right cab so you don't have to pay for two cabs. We enjoyed our stay for the most part. The few irritants could have been avoided but I guess that's the way it goes with timeshares.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA