“Don't ruin your trip” 1 of 5 bubbles

Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Roseville, California
“Don't ruin your trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Dirty, run down, rude host, TV didn't work, refrid didn't work and no shower head. The astro turf floor carpet worn thru. They lost our reservation !!! Pool area is run down and looked hazardous.

Never again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed here before - This time I got a room upstairs and really enjoyed the view - you can see the old chair lift at heavenly - The room looked updated and the bathroom had been upgraded with new tile - I still think this is a great option - Clean, owners are nice and location is ideal -

Room Tip: Upstairs will be a bit more quiet, but in winter its nice to have your car right outside your door o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Smithers, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I did not feel comfortable at all at this hotel. It was not clean. I ended up taking blankets from my car to use as bedding. I showered with my flip flops on because the shower looked like it had not been cleaned in months. There was so much useless furniture in the room it was cramped. Granted the midweek rate for this hotel is very affordable at $35, for that maybe you can overlook basic cleaning but add in the $20/per pet/ per night pet fee we paid $75 plus tax, WAY too much. I can't imagine what my dogs could have done to that room to make it less appealing. I felt like they needed a bath to wash the filth off after staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lake Tahoe (California) hotels

Cupertino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just looking for a clean comfortable place easy on the wallet with good location. Passing through on Business - The positive reviews seem fairly accurate. My room was clean as were the sheets. The help was very nice and attentative - asking me if I had everything I needed. For an older motel, I like the whole vibe they have going here. It's unique, It's comfortable. I stay in 5 star hotels to 2 stars. I'd come back. The free wifi, frig, microwave add a lot of value for me. Good location. It's the right balance between proximity with out the noise of the casino traffic. In the immediate area - two breakfast institutions - Red Hut Cafe and Heidis. An upscale restaurant on the lake (Rivas), A new Safeway, an organic food and juice place called Sprouts, Italian, Indian, Mexican and a fav locals spot the Brewery. If your flexible and don't spend your time looking for problems - should be ok. I have had to walk out of many budget like motels. I see no major issues. Could use some paint and the floors creek a little. Their are only a couple smoking rooms...you might steer clear of these if that's an issue.

Room Tip: As is the case with most hotels - upstairs you don't have people walking over you. Maybe avoid r...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

the positives: the room had a microwave, minifridge, 50 channel cable tv, comfortable bed and pillows, in-room coffee (but the coffee maker was too filthy to use). they offer cheaper w/e rates when you book online on third-party websites compared to other motels.
but the room was filthy- the walls, carpet, bedboard, everything. owners don't seem to care about cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Frankfurt, Deutschland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have no big requirements when I book a motel of this category: I don't need a refrigerator, no iron board and so on. BUT: I expect clean bedsheets. I did not get them. Maybe the sheets had been washed but they clearly showed disgusting stains of different colors.
This fact was just in line with the overall run-down impression we had from the place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

On the 10th of September, 2013 we stayed a night in the hotel. The rooms are clean, decent and is also very good value for money. We had three rooms with friends and relatives from England and China. They all find the service satisfactory.

The next day we left the hotel and drove north. After had a good time by the lake beach we drove further north and my wife suddenly realized that her hand bag was missing with her passport and my son's passport in it together with cash and credit cards. This was a real shock! Should she could not go back to England on time, huge economic loss might incur to us. We rushed back to the hotel, the hotel lady was waiting for us! It's such a relief! We are really thankful to the hotel owner for their honesty.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family