“Best Sushi Ever!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great Experience of food and great service. Scott our waiter would say "money back guarantee" on various dishes he would highly recommend and he was always right. BBQ Albacore was, well, simply amazing. Melted in our mouth and the savory flavor was to die for. Our family has been talking of this meal since that evening. Nachomama was delicious as was the Maui Wowie. The blends of flavors were perfect showing the excellence of their chef. The dessert was a green tea ice cream in a crunchy shell drizzled with chocolate - amazing! Apologies, cannot remember the name. Complaints of poor service almost detoured us away, but once there we completely understood. We were more forgiving due to the excellence of food and the apologies received when they realized we may have been slightly neglected. Scott was the highlight of our evening. He not only was a great salesman, he was right, and he was comical.

There are newer reviews for Naked Fish Sushi Restaurant

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I don't live in Tahoe anymore, but I grew up here and every time I come home, from traveling for work around the world, I ALWAYS come to naked fish. My entire family agrees that no a single sushi restaurant beats the flavor combinations, unique rolls and delicious fish. I could go on about how absolutely delicious this restaurant is. The sushi chefs are true professionals and constantly mix up the menu. Just ask them if your interested in something special. The BBQ albacore, mowie wowwie roll, the kirkwood, the sunburn, big kahuna roll.

I read numerous negative reviews about the restaurant and was pretty surprised. Almost all of the negative comments mention: the restaurants small size, long wait times for the food or a table and busy atmosphere.... WELL DUHHHH it's a freaking delicious restaurant where ALL The LOCALS GO, when we are having a good meal out. It's not the cheapest in town (which sushi pier is) but it is by far the best. So get over yourself out-of-town guests and join the local Tahoe vibe, where you might have to wait a little longer for your food or table, but no one is in a rush in Tahoe... So relax and you might actually enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Wasn't thinking of sushi being good in Lake Tahoe but this place surprised me. Mauie Wowie and Sizzlin Albacore were great. Did have another roll fried, w/ pesto think it was the Tahoe Roll that was just ok. All three of us said it was very good. Small place so they said the wait was going to be 45 mins. Turned out only to be 10/15 max.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We went to Naked Sushi on our last night in Tahoe. We were seated right away and immediately given water while we reviewed the menu. We ordered a few apps but the Garden Salad with their house ginger vinaigrette dressing was AMAZING! We then ordered several rolls - Crunchy Spicy Tuna, Maui Wowie, and the Sierra Powder. All we're pretty good but the Maui Wowie was so delicious we had to order seconds! Overall our experience was great and we'd definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The food here is over the top excellent! We first started with the typical sushi order and then our waiter challenged us on the menu. He said, "let me bring out some starters for the table. If you don't let them then don't pay for them". He brought out the bbq grilled tuna apps and we loved them. Actually to be more accurate, they were some of the best apps I've ever eaten. The meal only went uphill from here. The rolls were excellent and the service was great. I'll eat here again next time I come to tahoe.