“Dinner for Tired Travelers”
Review of Passaretti's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Passaretti's Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Passaretti’s Italian Restaurant welcomes you to a privately owned Lake Tahoe restaurant where the daily goals have been the same for 30 years. Using recipes handed down through their Italian family, they have been successful in delighting locals and visitors alike.You’ll discover homemade soups and fresh made-to-order sauces, daily fresh seafood and nightly specials along with some of the most original pasta dishes and Italian favorites in town. Using the highest quality poultry, veal, seafood and produce they aim to please every kind of palate, from vegetarians to carnivores! They also offer a variety of specialty salads and antipasti. Customers can enjoy a complimentary soup or salad with each entrée, along with famous, locally made Truckee River sourdough bread. An inviting wine-bar, romantic booths and quaint patio seating provide the ambiance to fit any desired dining experience. They also are happy to accommodate larger parties in one of their separate rooms. Passaretti’s mission is to provide quality food and excellent service at everyday prices to all who dine with us.Over the last three decades, Passaretti’s has become known for its ability to make any event special for you and your family. In addition to the off-site catering, party trays and in-house parties they so professionally and flawlessly provide, they are now proud to introduce a new outdoor full-service wedding and events center, Al Fresco 1181. Nestled on the eastern edge of the restaurant’s beautifully landscaped property, it is an open-air space designed as a backdrop for any special occasion. Although they specialize in weddings, the venue is also available for birthday celebrations, family reunions or company parties. It can comfortably accommodate parties of 30-65 people with an elegant buffet hand-selected by you and comprised of the home-cooked Italian food Passaretti’s has become known for. They are proud to offer inclusive, yet affordable packages for your event starting at $22.95 per person.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

After driving over five hours, we were exhausted and hungry. On the recommendation of a trusted friend, we sought out Passaretti's. This is a casual, cozy, affordable place that bears no resemblance to a pizza parlor. Dan Passaretti seated us, explained several tantalizing specials, and made us feel very welcome. The minestrone with cheese tortellini was really, really good. I could have made a meal on just that. My partner's spaghetti with sweet sausage marinara was just the sort of comfort food he needed. My crusted pork with fettucini was a little bland, but the applesauce served with it made the dish. Stuffed as we were (portions are generous without being ridiculous) we had to have some carrot cake, with vanilla bean gelato on the side. Pure heaven! Dan tells us this is the one dessert that's been on the menu since they opened over 30 years ago. I can see why. The menu is varied and interesting. I'd go back any time I visit SLT. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends. If it's your first visit, call for directions.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I were visiting South Lake Tahoe the first week of November when many of the restaurants are closed pending the ski season. Driving around looking for a place to eat, we found several restaurants that were open, but with few cars in the parking lot. Fortunately we made a left turn at Lake Tahoe Blvd and Emerald Bay and happened upon a small, family-owned Italian restaurant. The parking lot was packed. Seemed like it would be the place to go.
We were greeted at the door by the owner, Dan Passaretti, who seated us and took our drink orders.
We ordered lasagna and fettuccini alfredo with blackened chicken, followed by tiramisu. Everything was great. Portions were more than adequate and service was fine.
This place felt like a place I would eat regularly if I lived in South Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I recently hosted a Grooms Dinner for 41 at Passaretti's. Thank you Tai (owner) ! The menu items available for selection were extensive and each was delicious. Particular standouts were the meat lasagna and blackened salmon. The atmosphere was cozy and staff made the experience one of extended family. I will definitely patronize Passaretti's upon return to Tahoe.

1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

It took a while to locate this restaurant due to road construction around it, but we tried based on the good reviews here on TripAdvisor. The homemade clam chowder was pretty good, although a bit thin, and the Caesar Salad was pretty good. The chicken piccata looked like it was thrown together quickly - pieces of plain chicken breast in a thin sauce with butter and capers, with little flavor. The service was good, but I would not go out of my way to find this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had an excellent dinner and superior service. I can only say that we were completely pleased with all aspects of our meal and experience. Our family felt very cared for, we made special requests and the server was happy to accommodate. The tomato and mozarella salads are huge, minestrone soup is homemade. Lasagna was to die for. All herbs were fresh & veggies were crisp. The homemade gelato for desert is awesome. We'd like to take this place home with us" thanks for a great evening and so far the best meal in Tahoe.

1  Thank cindy G