“Service left a bad taste”
Review of Echo

Echo
Reserve with OpenTable
Echo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Service left a bad taste”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Bartender Allan B. is rude and lacking in the concept and theory behind tipping. I was paying by by credit card and had every intent of tipping in cash (I have been told by my server friends they prefer that) for a to go order of pizza, when the bartender made a snide comment about how it was rude not to tip and how they are taxed on the food. Needless to say, when he made that comment, he basically took away his tip. The amount one tips is reflective of the service one receives. Since I received nothing but rudeness from a self-serving bartender who did nothing but input an order, I did not feel the need to reward that rudeness! I would strongly discourage people from patronizing this restaurant based on the rude customer service provided by its employees. As you can see by previous reviews, rude service is the culture here. I don't need that kind of abuse. I can patronize another restaurant with good service and tip for that service courtesy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MLTNRN

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Shockingly Bad”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I don't even know where to begin. Service was the worst our group of seven had ever had (ANY of us). We had to wait 30 min for water-I finally went up to the bar to ask for water-we had a pregnant friend in our group and she needed it. The wine came out in dirty glasses. They served our meals without giving us silverware-and we had to wait for our server to go to OTHER tables BEFORE getting us utensils-he made eye contact and still walked away to check on others. They messed up the orders (one in our party asked for onions and peppers on his sandwich-which did not appear until we asked). The restaurant manager (who was actually very nice-the one bright spot-thank you to him!) had to help our server, and made him apologize (three times) to our table. The sever came back from a break reeking of cigarettes. Food was passable at best. AND-this is the best part-after all this our server dropped off the check and announced that 18% gratuity had been added as we were a party of 6 or more. Usually I tip way more than that, but needless to say this the first time our server got nothing (first time I have ever ever not given anything). Horrible. Avoid!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank luvdrseuss
Santa Clara, California
“Not very good”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed at the embassy suites and ate at their restaurant Echo. It was so-so. Service was non existent. It was a big dispointment.

Redondo Beach
“Casual dining in Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Very casual with plenty of sports viewing inside and an interesting deck to see the many passerbys coming and going to the Nevada Casinos. They have a limited but broad range of selections which is concentrated on appetizers and sandwichs. Their pulled pork sandwich is excellent and we also enjoyed their scallop and lobster linguine. With a full bar and plenty of small dishes and at least 8 TVs it is an excellent choice, or you can enjoy the outdoors and people watch on the bright sunny deck.

Visited September 2012
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Theres a casino at the door!!”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Being a first visit to Lake Tahoe it was a nice suprise to see how conveniently loacted the Embassy Suites were to points of interest. It has shops right next door, along with 2 casinos and only a short stroll away is the Lake, which you have access to a private beach due to staying at the Suites. The room I stayed in was large and comfortable and quite even though it was only a short stones throw to a casino. Staff were friendly. If you want to use the gym dont get to excited. It is small and there is not much equipment. If you bring your car try to park in the carpark next to the Suites as it is free. Overall would happily go back.

• Visited August 2012