“Great Service”

Cuisines: American
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Service”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The South Lake Tahoe IHOP is located directly on South Lake Tahoe Blvd about a mile west of Stateline, Nevada. I went on a Sunday morning with my wife in mid-July and we only had to wait 5-10 minutes (I thought it would be busier). IHOP is national chain and the food at this one was very similar to others near my house in Minnesota. I usually do not eat at chain restaurants on vacation but it was a Sunday morning at about 9 AM and all the other nearby restaurants had big lines.

Our server was funny, very friendly and attentive. She talked about biking to Sturgis and teased me about adding so much cream and sugar to my coffee. Our food came pretty quickly and the server was really good about refilling our coffee cups. The restaurant is small and cramped and is a lot smaller than any other IHOP, Near the entrance, servers pick up their food from the kitchen across the hall from the same place where you pay and put your name on the waiting list (so it is a very busy intersection in the restaurant). The servers and cooks were very busy the entire time we were there. I just had an egg, toast and hash browns and they tasted great (and I was starving).

I had a good breakfast and recommend this restaurant if you are in South Lake Tahoe. Our server was great, the food was good and the prices were very reasonable (just like other IHOP’s). I would definitely come back here again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rockyjoe

Singapore
“Had expected a lot more but overall still decent”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had been reading about IHOP and the reviews from people in general about IHOP so we wanted to try the breakfast there. The waffles were amazing and the chocolate chip pancake was so so. The hot chocolate was amazing though I can't remember which 2 flavours of hot chocolate we had but one was amazing and the second one so so. The service was excellent. The hash browns can be given a miss and I would think that McDonalds would be a better bet if you are out for hash browns.

We will try this place for other pancakes but the chocolate chip pancake was dry.

• Visited November 2013
Zephyr Cove, Nevada
“Not an artery clogging visit!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have frequented IHOP's in years past but it's been a while. I decided to grab some breakfast while I was waiting for a meeting and I got my usual, some eggs over medium, hashbrowns and some meat. When I was offered pancakes with my meal I was also offered fruit to substitute for the pancakes and that was perfect! The fruit was fresh and a nice treat to accompany my hearty breakfast. Good meal....

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jason P
Independence, Missouri
“Morning delight”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Yes, it is a lot smaller than any other IHOP and it is a very busy place. But, the service was excellent, the food very good and it is one of the cleanest I have ever been in. Our server was the best, I just can't recall her name right now. Would I go back? You bet!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Hong Kong
“Not worth the long wait”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This IHOP appears to be constantly full.
We had to wait almost 40 mins. for our table.
IHOP food is IHOP food - you either enjoy it or you don't. However, the actual place (restaurant) makes the difference. In this case, the place is a little old and I didn't feel it was all that clean. It was small and cramped. Crowds inside and outside of the restaurant waiting for tables! You were always squished for space.
The manager was around supervising the staff and seemed very competent, but they were just so busy, their servers were barely coping. They left out one of our orders (but took it off the bill ultimately), and forgot to refill my drink. The family at the next table were complaining about their food not coming fast enough, compared to another family's. Stressful.

• Visited July 2013