“Friendliness of staff and great food”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was very near our place Park Tahoe Inn. Even with a wait of 20 minutes, the staff were very friendly. Food was better than the usual average ihop quality.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I went to this IHOP after I left the Carrows just up the road because Carrows was full of empty tables but I waited at my table for over 10 minutes while the server ignored me. IHOP sat me immediately and the food was up quick. The restaurant was fully staffed and busy, but I was served coffee immediately and my order was taken and served very quickly. IHOP is better than Carrows because they are fully-staffed. The waiter is not also the cook, cashier, busser and hostess. The IHOP actually has staff dedicated to all that stuff! The menu is overwhelming with choices.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The South Lake Tahoe IHOP is located directly on South Lake Tahoe Blvd about a mile west of Stateline, Nevada. I went on a Sunday morning with my wife in mid-July and we only had to wait 5-10 minutes (I thought it would be busier). IHOP is national chain and the food at this one was very similar to others near my house in Minnesota. I usually do not eat at chain restaurants on vacation but it was a Sunday morning at about 9 AM and all the other nearby restaurants had big lines.

Our server was funny, very friendly and attentive. She talked about biking to Sturgis and teased me about adding so much cream and sugar to my coffee. Our food came pretty quickly and the server was really good about refilling our coffee cups. The restaurant is small and cramped and is a lot smaller than any other IHOP, Near the entrance, servers pick up their food from the kitchen across the hall from the same place where you pay and put your name on the waiting list (so it is a very busy intersection in the restaurant). The servers and cooks were very busy the entire time we were there. I just had an egg, toast and hash browns and they tasted great (and I was starving).

I had a good breakfast and recommend this restaurant if you are in South Lake Tahoe. Our server was great, the food was good and the prices were very reasonable (just like other IHOP’s). I would definitely come back here again.

1  Thank rockyjoe
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had been reading about IHOP and the reviews from people in general about IHOP so we wanted to try the breakfast there. The waffles were amazing and the chocolate chip pancake was so so. The hot chocolate was amazing though I can't remember which 2 flavours of hot chocolate we had but one was amazing and the second one so so. The service was excellent. The hash browns can be given a miss and I would think that McDonalds would be a better bet if you are out for hash browns.

We will try this place for other pancakes but the chocolate chip pancake was dry.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have frequented IHOP's in years past but it's been a while. I decided to grab some breakfast while I was waiting for a meeting and I got my usual, some eggs over medium, hashbrowns and some meat. When I was offered pancakes with my meal I was also offered fruit to substitute for the pancakes and that was perfect! The fruit was fresh and a nice treat to accompany my hearty breakfast. Good meal....

1  Thank Jason P