“The sushi go to”

City Sushi & Grill Restaurant
Reviewed 16 October 2017

From my trips to see family in California, I have found a sushi place I can enjoy and savor the experience it provides. I took my daughter to this wonderful place for sushi this last time,

It was amazing this last time, the food came fast, and it was yummy.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We were delighted to find delicious sushi and other Japanese dishes available in Cherry Valley! City Sushi & Grill Restaurant is an unexpected little treasure which is probably only known to locals, since it's in small strip mall immediately north of the Grange, on the way to Oak Glen.

We sampled several types of sushi as well as the chicken teriyaki bento, and green-tea mochi ice cream, all accompanied by tasty miso soup and green tea. The decor, service, and real sushi chefs made City Sushi & Grill Restaurant a really pleasant place to dine and relax.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Took a friend to city grill for lunch. She was wanting sushi. So I hunted out areas in cherry valley that would have something. This brought me to the city grill.
The photos on the Internet was kinda misleading, and I thought I had arrived at a take out joint. But when I Went inside, I was pleased to find a nice restaurant.
I had brought a birthday cake and cleared with manager that I could bring it in.
All was good..then my friend arrived and we sat down.
I am not sure what happens but service went downhill fast. When taking my order for a simple califonia roll and she had a bento box lunch, we were ignored, had to wait while our server the owner manager chatted with people and then came back to us and cut off off in mid order. Totally rude.
The sushi was a bit warm, had to ask for wasabi and ginger...
The food tasted ok, but I don't see me going back again..

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Sushi restaurant in Cherry Valley,,,who knew? They have great food at good prices. We normally pick up the food and quite often they mess up the order so check your order before you leave the restaurant.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

This was our third visit to the restaurant and the first review from us. The sushi and the service is excellent. It does not seem like a traditional sushi restaurant. I felt like I am in a cafe versus a sushi restaurant, otherwise I would have given 5 stars.