“Great for senior citizens”

El Charro Authentic Mexican FD
Cuisines: Mexican
Houston
“Great for senior citizens”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I went with an 80 year old woman who eats there a lot. There were lots of senior citizens there, so you might really like it if you are a senior citizen and don't really want authentic Mexican food. She had a fish salad in a "taco bowl." The pico de gallo didn't have jalapenos in it. They had beer but no micheladas. My Mexican friends are here laughing about how you can serve this and called yourself Mexican. My burrito was actually pretty good inside but there was no decent hot sauce to put on it. It arrived covered in American style cheese and "enchilada" sauce. Apparently that is California style but I wanted MEXICAN food. First time in my life I ate a burrito with a knife and fork. I asked for something hotter than the bland chopped tomatoes that came with the chips. The waiter quickly reappeared with some brown sauce that had a tiny bite to it. She said no one eats spicy so they just don't have it. The service was friendly, respectful and speedy.

• Visited December 2012

“Super good again!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Don't know what happened maybe they got rid of the cook and rehired the old one because we ate here again didn't want to but it was a birthday party we couldn't refuse, went in thinking I would get the same service and food as I did last time, and chips and salsa back to wonderful, my burrito was super super good again, service pretty good, and I can say I am happy again with their food and service!

• Visited September 2012
Huntington Beach, Ca.
“Awesome meal!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is by far the best Burrito I have every had! I love Mexican food and this was it for me! The portions are large, the price were good.

• Visited August 2012
Beaumont, California
“Used to be good not anymore!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This place used to be my favorite mexican food. Not anymore!! Service still ok, just the food has really gottenNot anymore!! Service still ok, just the food has really gotten GROSS!! The chips cold, meat tasted strange like fish and it was chicken, rice bland absolutely no flavor and so mushy! Beans cold hard and old!! I am not going back!!

“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The food is wonderful and the salsa is even better. The service is horrible. Unfortunately when you have bad service it makes your time in the restaurant uncomfortable. I will go back, as the food is authentic mexican food and that is all there is in the area.