All reviews infinity pool talisay port personal butler speed boat light house butler service boat transfer beach front island hopping breathtaking views view deck full board meals hill top reception area golf cart buffet meal mayon volcano
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Took us 4 hours on the rough sea, rain and all other elements of nature, 196 steps to get to our room, but the view was to die for- staff was friendly, food not so good but the smile of the people serving made everything ok.

Room Tip: Insist in having a room closer to the main floor-
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ElsieC C
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Four of us stayed in Tugawe Cove Resort from January 9- 14. There's a lot going for the place: stunning location, to-die-for views, island hopping (the private beach isn't much so you have to venture out), friendly staff, private casitas, a small but strategically placed infinity pool, family activities (kayaking, decent DVD and book collection, feeding the native deer and pigs, getting to know Kevin the kalay/hornbill) and friendly staff. There are also quite a few things that could be improved like sliding doors that won't lock, unimaginative food (I'm being kind here), shower stalls that don't drain, bed linens/towels that don't get changed unless you tell the very nice staff, slightly battered bed frames and a lick of paint here and there. Despite al these, though, my friends and I had a wonderful time and would go back IN A HEARTBEAT! For best views, book 114, although 312 wasn't bad since it was just a skip and a hop away from the pool and restaurant. Ask for Noli (our butler) who - we suspect - probably doesn't know the meaning of the word "no" since he accommodated just about every request of ours. Tip: Ask him to take you to Barrio Colongcogong to join in the kids' game of "surfing" down the hill on ribs of dried coconut branches. It's an experience you won't easily forget.

Tugawe's a place where you keep still and and bask in the beauty of this slice of earth called Caramoan.

P.S. It's a quite a walk up (300 steps we were told) from the tiny beach at the cove to the pool and restaurant). Older folk are advised to take the casitas by the freshwater "lake".

Room Tip: 114 has great views of the cove at any time of the day. 112's not bad either.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MBGarchitorena
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Tugawe Cove Resort is strategically located at the tip of the Caramoan Peninsula. I must say it is one of the most beautiful resorts I've been to in the Philippines. One's Caramoan adventure is best experienced if one stays at Tugawe - that's a fact! I stayed at Tugawe for 2 nights and i enjoyed every second of my stay. I so love this resort that I always recommend this to my friends who are looking for a great adventure or a great vacation. When it comes to the natural beauty of the Philippines, the resort has every thing! From inland water, corals, beach front, amazing islets, majestic sea view and mountain view, and even pristine flora and fauna, every one can enjoy all these just by staying at the resort. The tours offered by Tugawe are special and really caters for a traveler like me, not only because the island destinations are locations used by the reality show SURVIVOR, but because the unique beaches, lagoons, and islands included in the itinerary are close to the resort and some can even be seen from the resort. The resort is also willing to assist when one wants a customized tour, as I did another tour on my 3rd day. Truly Tugawe Cove is a tourist attraction that makes Caramoan as one of my Top 3 destinations in the Philippines :)

The people working for Tugawe Cove are great. Thanks to Yaye, Herzon, Blanca and the Bangkeros for being compassionate. The rooms, resort facilities, food, and staff are all extraordinary. The resort's infinity pool is the Philippines' best for me. Dining at Tugawe was even an unforgettable ritual during my stay because Kevin was always there for me <3 You will meet "her" at Tugawe ;)

Many many many thanks Tugawe Family <3

Room Tip: Choose the hill top cabanas :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank RayGohetiaJatico
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The resort's beautiful infinity pool is its crowning glory. I was checking the resort's website when I was looking for a resort to stay and when I saw the pool, I knew I had to be there. The infinity pool has an awesome and commanding view of the islands nearby. It has matching sunbeds within the pool itself for that luxury-feel.

The resort also assigns a butler to each cabana for a more personalized service. We had Ate Pinkie as our butler and she really made sure we are well-taken care of e.g. she runs around the massive property for all we need, takes advance order of our meals, etc. It was my first time to experience this kind of service and I'd say it really does make a big difference when we talk about the resort experience - it was night and day. I rated the service 'Excellent' because of her.

The cabanas are well-made and designed tastefully. The resort has 24-hour electricity, hot and cold water, and cable TV. And we're in a remote island.

Hate to admit this but we were all well-fed during our stay in the resort! The price is comparable to other resorts (150-350) and surprisingly, the serving is filling enough and it is good enough for an island resort.

They have a white beach unlike in Gota where it's gray. The sand is similar to Bolinao and a bit rocky in some parts but the beach is enclosed with rock formations. Basically, it's a cove and you have your own privacy.

Exceeded expectations and can't wait to be back soon!

Room Tip: Best to travel by plane via Virac. Maybe not for old people or persons with existing leg ailment as there's a part in the resort which will require a 200-step climb. Perfect for honeymooners and weekend getaways!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GemayelSalinas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

What can I say this place is perfect ... to relax and recharge. The resort is set up above the beach with spectacular views its a slice of heaven. The butler service is faultless and done with such enthusiasm ( thankU Hassan Hassan for making our stay such a wonderful expereience).
This resort is a perfect escape for private getaways, guests have a chance to be completely tranquil and undisturbed in 5 Star luxury and service, the rooms are very big and huge shower recess.
The infinity pool is fantastic and we were happy to spend our time lazing around swimming in the rain. Island hopping was exciting with regular stops to explore, snorkel . Highlight was beautiful yummy seafood lunch ...our butler was a Master Chef as well. Thank you so much .
If you want a few days in Paradise do yourself a favour come here !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends