“BIG Improvement!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Mandeville Arms Harvester in Northolt food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Northolt, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Ruislip, Sudbury and Greenford, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I can honestly say Harvester has rebranded and have done well... They've now separate the salad bar from the bread and sauces, so there's not so much of a cluster all in one place. For £9.99 I received an all you can eat salad, bacon and cheese burger with a choice of sauce from the steak menu, a ice cream sundae and refillable drink!! I was amazed at the quality and speed of the service. My daughter also had the same thing minus a drink for £5. So effectively I spent £17 (£2 for a kids milkshake) for 2 3 course meals and drinks which were very tasty and filling... I will definitely be visiting again!

Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at Harvester The Mandeville Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My partner won a competition through the local newspaper for a meal up to the value of £50 at The Harvester in Northolt.

The letter from Harvester Head Office said to call them to book the time and day we wanted to claim the "prize", which my partner duly did. A reservation was made for tomorrow, Sunday 15th June 2014 so that we could have a meal with our daughter for Fathers Day.

My partner could not remember if the reservation was made for 3pm or 4pm so called the restaurant directly this evening to find out.

The first member of staff she spoke to simply told her they had no bookings tomorrow so she must be mistaken. Even after telling this person that we definitely had a reservation as we had won a competition and it had been booked through their Head Office he was not interested - so we asked to speak to The Manager.

A woman then came on the phone saying she is the Manager, but her colleague had not told her the reason why we were ringing so we had to explain it all again. This woman was just as insistent as the last, saying there was no booking and she couldn't care less that my partner had won a competition. She was extremely abrupt and rude and just as my partner was about to give up, the woman said "Let me go and get The Manager" to which my partner queried "but I asked the first person to speak to the Manager and you said you were the Manager?" only to be told VERY sharply "I said I was the DUTY Manager". Er... is there a difference??

When the supposed actual "Manager" came on the line, he too was next to useless. Again, not interested in the issue, didn't care that we were competition winners and just kept saying we would have to speak to the Head Office again. When my partner suggested that if he was a Manager who was any good, he would be trying to help resolve the matter but his response was "well you can come here tomorrow if you want but it's Fathers Day so we'll be vey busy, which means you will HAVE to wait for a table and by the time one is free it would have been so busy that the restaurant will be dirty!"

SERIOUSLY?! Wow, well done Mr Manager you've really given us a great impression of you, your staff and your restaurant. Oh and you've ruined our Fathers Day meal plans.

I can not believe that this is how they want to treat their own competition winners. My partner was spoken to very rudely, none of the people she spoke to seemed to care and according to their very own Manager they apparently are happy to serve customers in a dirty restaurant.

Well thanks but no thanks. We WILL be writing to their Head Office and we WILL be writing to the newspaper who ran the competition. But I promise you this, we will NEVER be setting foot in the any Harvester ever again.

We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years, as we live locally. We have also gone to the one in Ruislip but it's further. Things have changed, some for the better.

My favourite, the pork ribs has gone worse in terms of portion size and taste. The portions of chips has also noticeably shrunk in size, and so has the salad bowls (thus reducing the amount?) The battered cod fish is better than before as it used to offer hake (?) and once, it was undercooked. My wife's favourite, the spit roast chicken is now more tasty. She also likes with warm rolls. We will say that, overall, the taste has improved. Prices have also crept up over the past year or so, although they still offer a limited 'Early bird' menu. In some cases, it is cheaper to eat in a local pub where 2 meals may cost just £10. It seems the volume of juice in the glass has also been reduced.

The waiters/waitresses have always been courteous and friendly, even when working in a busy, stressful environment for them.

It is now fairly common to wait up to 40 minutes for a table, as diners seem to start earlier and earlier! Unfortunately, I don't think that one can reserve a table in advance. It's a better system now with the portable buzzers, alerting you when a table becomes available.
I
Overall, a reasonable place to eat for the range, quality and price. Don't expect gourmet food though. Its main attraction is the unlimited salad bar and soft drinks, ice.

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to The Mandeville Arms.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited on a rather busy Saturday night food was good so was the service my first time too so was very impressed should be back

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester The Mandeville Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Your positive feedback is very encouraging, and the staff here love to hear when they have done a good job. We have replied to you personally to thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friend and I returned here on 30th April 2014 after having had poor meals several years ago and having received a reply from a very rude Area Manager at that time. They have updated the restaurant and it looks better. The salad cart needed refilling and they were slow to do so. The food was OK but the family near to us had a very small baby and they proceeded to change the nappy in the restaurant whilst we were eating and then put the dirty nappy on the table! We decided not to stay for dessert and told the waitress about the family and asked her to tell the manager, but noted that she did not do so. I visit other Harvesters near High Wycombe and they are always better managed.... not sure why! (PS I am also a shareholder, so expect better)