Casa Gregorio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Garibaldi(Frosinone)
View Hotel
All reviewscooking schoolitalian countrysidethe kitchenthe ownernew friendsprosciuttoat homesausageolive oilattention to detailcooking classculinary experiencefirst classwonderful experiencepastadaily excursionsgreat group
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I would not hesitate to recommend Casa Gregorio's for a fun and exciting cooking adventure.

The village of Castro dei Volsci is so very quaint and peaceful with amazing views. The charming B&B is nicely furnished with a comfortable atmosphere and kept very clean by Anna and staff.

This was our first culinary vacation and it exceeded our expectations. The daily excursions were fun. We enjoyed visiting local farmers and seeing their dedication to making the best organic wines and olive oil. The buffalo mozzarella is the freshest and tastiest you'll find.

About the food. Be prepared to eat & eat well! We made a lot of great food in class and then enjoyed the evening meal getting to know our classmates. The instructors are happy to share their heritage in making their local dishes. Every class was varied from pastries to antipasti and homemade pasta made with plenty of hands on participation.

The entire trip was very well organized and Gregory goes above and beyond to make sure everyone's needs are meet.

If you want to experience Italy outside of the busy tourist cities and really live with the locals for a week, this is the trip to take!

Viaggi felici!

Room Tip: We liked the Cinnamon room for more privacy and beautiful view deck.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eurotraveler-Meyer
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I NEVER comment on these sites, but I SO enjoyed myself at Casa Gregorio that I HAD to tell as many people as I could! From the moment I stepped into my room to the farewell from my new Italian friends, I felt like I was at HOME! I enjoyed the trips into town learning about local foods especially the olives! Then preparing meals taht I never imaged, in a setting that was truly magical! I can't wait to take my next trip there!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank BethL516
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My family and I stayed at Casa Gregorio for a week and i can't express how wonderful our stay was. We will definitely return! The food was absolutely delicious and the place is decorated so beautifully. Gregg was so accomodating and the help was very friendly. I also took a cooking class during my stay and wish that they offer such classes in the states. The view is breathtaking and very romantic.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tina H
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This was by far was one of the best cooking vacations in italy that I have been to. It far exceeded any expectations I had. Gregory is so genuine, accomadating, gracious, funny, the ultimate host with the most. You feel like you are staying in a 5 star hotel but without all the pretentiousness. His staff just as genuine and kind always picking up after you. The food was fabulous, never had a bad meal. All the excursions were fun and educational. Stress free stuffing your face mangia mangia. As an italian loved this cooking vacation extravaganza. I will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are elegantly decorated and comfortable to stay in. I had no trouble sleeping so quaint and quiet there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Tina M
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Gregory could not have planned a more perfect vacation experience! Most days started with a trip to the source (e.g., local markets, vineyards, olive trees, pigs, cows) to gather supplies for the day's class. Midday found us clad in aprons with fabulous red wine in one hand and a rolling pin in the other, ready to watch and carry out regional and family recipes passed down for many generations. Evening resulted in the celebration of our efforts with our hosts and new friends. Gregory was the ultimate host who was careful to make sure each guest was finding their own connection to the cooking, gorgeous Italian countryside, and people. As soon as we returned, we began to plan our return!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple