“My stay at Aux Quatre Saisons was the most memorable part of my recent visit to France.”
Review of Aux Quatre Saisons

Aux Quatre Saisons
Ranked #1 of 3 Axat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Most of the time when you book a stay at a B&B, that's what it is....a bed to sleep in and breakfast the next morning. That's far from an accurate description of Aux Quatre Saisons in Axat. I was privileged to stay there for four lovely nights and five memorable days. The proprietors, Paul and Val, are two of the nicest, friendliest, and kindest people I have ever met anywhere. They will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one and are truly interested in the people who come their way. In addition, they have a lovely little Sheltie named Cartouche who is known by everyone in the village. I got to take him for a couple of walks while I was there. The locals didn't know me, but they knew Cartouche and that always brought smiles my way. Since I was traveling alone for a few days, Paul and Val were kind enough to invite me for dinner a couple of nights as well. The day the Tour de France came by their house, they had a barbecue in the front yard for their guests and friends from the village. It was such a fun day. They are exceptionally outstanding hosts! In addition, they were very instrumental in helping me find a rental bike for my husband who came a few days after I got there, and then they even returned the bike for us after we left. They are such wonderful people and I was very sad when it was time to leave. The best thing is I now have two friends in Axat and I know I will be returning there someday to stay with them again. I would go out of my way to stay there and I would advise others to do the same. Fabulous!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank katbird55

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We made a last minute decision to visit the pyrenees during our recent trip to Europe. As a result we hadn't booked a place to stay. Based on previous trip advisor reviews we stayed at the Quatre Saisons. This turned out to be the best choice we could have made for our stay. The house was beautiful and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. Bathrooms and showers were great! Most of all, Val and Paul were very welcoming, friendly and gave great tourist advice during our stay. We would love to visit again in the future!
JP and Leanne

Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed with Paul and Val on the day the Tour de France passed through Axat, although this was not our intention at the time we planned the trip it turned out to be one of the highlights as we found ourselves in their garden enjoying local wines and a bbq as close as you can get to the action with other guests, neighbours and even some other travelers who the Bridgestocks had met in the local café. As with everyone else staying there, we were treated as long-lost friends rather than guests in a B&B and quickly realized that we had stumbled across a special little corner of the world with hospitality that has to be experienced to be appreciated. We had another couple of days exploring the area and found quaint and authentic rural villages, fantastic cascading waterfalls and pools (Gorges du Verdouble), and of course the mountain roads which the Tour had recently climbed over. We would not hesitate to recommend this location or these hosts, it is a great place to experience excellent hospitality in a beautiful part of France.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

We arrived in the small French town of Axat having never heard of it with the sole intention of following The Tour De France...... We Will Definitely Be Going Back...... As per the title of my review......Everything was amazing.
We have been fortunate enough to travel the world and enjoy 5 star accomodation and service including Hands on Butlers and concierge but staying with Paul & Val takes service , helpfulness and friendliness to another level.
We are already discussing when to go back and against my wishes (as it will probably become over booked!!) We strongly recommend that if you wish to stay anywhere near this area in France to go here!!

Reviewed 24 July 2010

Our family of five thought that Aux Quatre Saisons was the best accommodations on our 3 week trip through France. Paul and Val are incredibly kind hosts and made us feel absolutely at home.

My wife and I stayed in a two-person room, and our 3 teenagers stayed in the attic apartment which they loved because they had lots of room to spread out, and could relax in front of the TV.

Paul was outside to greet us as soon as we pulled in the driveway, and within 15 minutes of arriving, we were having a glass of wine in their living room. They made us feel completely at home and were only too happy to make a reservation for us for a restaurant or help us plan our activities for the day.

Axat is close to many interesting sites and activities (e.g. Rennes-le-- Chateau, Peyrepetuse, Queribus, Gorges de Galumus, white water rafting), and the B+B is walking distance to the local bar, restaurant, tourist train, and municipal pool). Carcassonne is about an hour north.

My only minor quibble is that I am used to a firmer bed, but this would definitely not prevent me from recommending Aux Quatre Saisons to all my friends. If I ever go back to France, we will definitely make a half-week stop in Axat!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My husband and I cycled from the Med to the Atlantic along the pyrenees and stayed in more than 20 hotels and B & B's. Paul and Val at the Aux Quatre Saisons could not have been more welcoming, helpful or friendly and made us most comfortable in their lovely home. If you are lucky, you will get a lift to dinner in Paul's 2CV Citroen, and you will be spoiled with the most wonderful breakfast. If you are there when the tour de France goes through - they host the most wonderful BBQ ALL day!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Aux Quatre Saisons is the home of Paul and Val who run this B&B with obvious joy and dedication. I had a delightful stay and wished only for more time to spend here. The room was well kept and comfortable, private bath, a refrigerator stocked with beverages, a glass of wine offered on arrival. Hot breakfast included. Most attentive hosts. The region is gorgeous (eastern Pyrenees) with amazing nature and history (Cathar country), wine country diversions, treks and water sports in season. I highly recommend a car to explore the area. Please note that this B&B is also the home of two cats and a dog, Cartouche, beautiful, inobtrusive pets who are part of the family. I would return to this property without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Axat
Chateau des Ducs de Joyeuse
Hotel Axat
Hotel Axat
#3 of 3 in Axat
Les Terrasses de Cailla

Been to Aux Quatre Saisons? Share your experiences!