“Good Beach Restaurant”
Review of La Manta - CLOSED

La Manta
Cuisines: Brazilian, Italian, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: It's a restaurant/bar combined with a movie theatre, we show mostly surf movies, and also homemade surf videos filmed at the best point on Pavones break that same day.
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Nice location overlooking the beach. When we were the only customers. Service from Andres was excellent. Ahi Tuna was the special but they only had one portion. It certainly was not fresh - I guess that is why it was the special of the day. The rest of our food was ok - nothing spectacular.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My 4 friends and I arrived at La Manta after an adventurous day. When we walked in, the place was completely empty except for one person sitting at the bar. We sat ourselves and the waiter came over got us waters and took our orders in a prompt, if not awkward, fashion. Then the waiting game began. At one point the bartender came over and asked if we needed refills on our waters and instead of bringing over a pitcher to fill the glasses, she took all of our glasses behind the bar. I'm pretty sure I did not wind up with my original glass. Thirty minutes into our wait one of our other friends showed up and hastily ordered a burger and fries, figuring that would come out the quickest. Another 20 minutes go by and we still have no food. There were no other tables so I'm not sure what they were doing in the kitchen this whole time. Finally, 65 minutes after we placed our order, our food came( but our other friends hamburger took another 15 minutes on top of this). Our drinks were again empty, but they never asked to refill them. The food itself was very very good, but had I known that the service would be so incredibly poor, I would not have bothered eating here. At the end of the meal the waiter took a good 10 minutes just trying to add the check. I will never visit this place again.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

The highlight of this place is that they project surf footage from that day on the wall! The food is great and the passionfruit juice is awesome. We had fine service, especially considering we were a group of ten. I was there in the evening and it was pouring, but I imagine this place is fun to hang out at in the afternoon when you get out of the water.

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Right in front of the beach, with a pleasant view of the ocean, have a lunch or dinner. Try the CASADO with fish, a Costarrican style of full meal. Have fun in Pavones

Reviewed 5 November 2012

A good restaurant so close to the beach. Service was a little bit slow, for that the very good marks, and not excellent. In Pavones, there are few good restaurants, so it is good to know there is one that is reliable. A good mix of foods to choose from, and appetizers as well. We had a lovely fresh fruit drink of Maracuya (passion fruit) that was so wonderful. They also have happy hour for those that like their drinks. Nice place to take in beach activity.