“If I could live here forever, I would!!”

Lanzas de Fuego Surf & Adventure Lodge
Los Angeles, California
“If I could live here forever, I would!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Not only is Pavones one of the most beautiful places in all of my travels that I have ever set eyes on, Lanzas De Fuego is one of the most beautiful if not the most beautiful place I've ever had the pleasure of spending time. I was only able to stay for a short time, but Rainy the owner was absolutely welcoming and helpful. We had great food, phenomenal views, and all around a wonderful experience. The hotel is impeccably clean, and well taken care of. You can immediately feel that making guests comfortable and invited is first priority here. This place is in an unbelievably beautiful off the map location, with an incredible view of the coast, as well as great wild life and nature. It's almost like living in a fairytale! I would highly reccomend it to anyone and everyone looking for a surreal and excellent vacation destination. I don't remember a time when I felt so relaxed and peaceful. You would be missing out if you don't experience this yourself.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jess_cook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We came in off the street out of the rain and found this little peice of paradise. Nestled amongst lush jungle overlooking the break at la piña. Comfy beds, awesome rancho chill out area. Proper kitchens and hot showers. 2 nights here was not enough. Our host provided some great surf recommendations as well as the local Italian restaurant we fell in love with. We stayed in the the 2 bedroom house and it was immaculate inside and out. Hammocks and breakfast bar overlooking the water. Cannot rave about this place enough.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Bexhutchinson
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Probably the most relaxed i have ever been. Some of the best views and scenery. Spent hours just sitting on the deck with a cold beer looking out as monkeys swung in the canopy literally a few feet away.

Rainy the owner was extremely helpful from organizing airport transport to going out of his way to show us local spots.

highly recommended whether you want a surf trip or just to get away from the rat race for a week.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank zane c
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed here for a little over a week and I have to say it was an awesome experience....the attention to detail and cleanliness in my cabina was very present...I loved that I had everything I needed to make a home cooked meal, warm showers and A/C.

My favorite spot to hang out was the rancho, fully equiped with WiFi and cold beer! The owner Rainy, was very accomodating and always there to help us with anything we needed. Lanzas de Fuego is a definete must see when spending some time in Pavones. PURA VIDA

Room Tip: The Tucan room has great view of the waves
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gkalen
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend last month and LOVED my stay. The cabina we stayed in was so nice and clean when we arrived with cute niceties around the room (like fresh soap, swan towels--which is a rarity around here, and its the little things that count!). The kitchen was fully equipped; it contained everything we needed and allowed our stay to feel more like a home-away-from-home than your average lodging. The kitchen had a cute oven and stove top (gas, which was a plus), a perfect sized fridge (much larger than a mini but not quite a full fridge-- which would have been TOO large), and all the kitchen utensils I could think of! The bathroom was clean and didn't have the same dankness to it that so many bathrooms in Costa Rica have because of all the humidity. There was hot water!!! (also a rarity around here). I felt that the cabina had everything we needed... no details were left out and I really appreciated that. It made it very comfortable. Outside we had a deck that overlooked the jungle and the ocean! A spectacular view! There is a really cool rancho that is the common area where we enjoyed drinks with friends. There is also WiFi in the rancho so you don't have to completely disconnect on your vacation if you don't want to. Rainy (the owner) was so warm and welcoming and it is clear that his priority is that all of his guests have an ideal vacation!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julia B
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

when i think of my trip to Costa Rica, the first picture that comes to my mind is our hut in Lanzas de fuego. even though i spent only 4 days over there, (was only suposed to stay for a couple), the beautiful view, great hospitality, amazing conditions (AC, clean space, clean towels, beautiful decoration, fun rancho, wifi) really made its mark on me.
i had a really hard time leaving the place.
cant wait to come back.
i recommend everyone who comes to Pavones and wants to really make the most of it, to stay at Lanzas De Fuego.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hila K
Grecia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had a unforgettable holiday at this place!! We spent a whole week and I can say there's a great ocean view and wide windows which allow you see toucans in the morning!! I had a great and lovely time there as I had all that I needed made me feel even more comfortable than at home. Definitely recommended, the cleaning is very good so as the price. It also has everything in perfect conditions and even better ... it's close to the beach as well!!
I highly recomend this place!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Carolina O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pavones
Lapa Rios Ecolodge Osa Peninsula
#1 of 1 in Punta Banco
Lookout Inn Lodge
Lookout Inn Lodge
#1 of 6 in Carate

Been to Lanzas de Fuego Surf & Adventure Lodge? Share your experiences!