“Amazing Adventure”

Lanzas de Fuego Surf & Adventure Lodge
“Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I arrived March 12 2014 at Lanzas de Fuego.
We were greeted with a warm smile by the owner & host Rainy Venter and his wonderful black lab Tallulah.
Rainy also lives on the property to take care of all your needs.
I instantly thought, the pictures on the website can not speak loud enough to how beautiful Rainy's place is!
He took our luggage down an amazing tropical path to our Cabina, made sure we were good & left us to get settled in.
The view was breath taking, with one of the best sunsets in Pavones right from your front porch.
Rainy also can make things easier by arranging rentals like surfboards & quads etc.
The Ranchero is a great place on the property to hangout, from it you can enjoy the view, cook, yoga....We nicknamed it the "Tree House".
Honestly I could write a book about Lanzas de Fuego & Captain Rainy's stories of his adventures on open sea's!
In total we stayed 3 weeks & are already planning a trip back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank James B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Lanzas de fuego which translates to "burning spear" should be granted new moniker, beautiful view. Our two room suite was situated on a breezy hill with a 180 degree view. Talulla the gentle black lab , who cruised the property, became a welcome visitor as well as the monkeys. If you are desiring a locale with serenity and a disconnection from the "plugged in" world, Rainy (the owner) supplies you with a perfectly placed adventure. Pavones seen through the view at Sunset Lodge is paradise realized.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trisha m
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and loved it! Rainy (owner) and his adorable dog are warm and welcoming, and the cabinas are spacious, clean, & comfortable. The views of the ocean are spectacular, and it's nice to be a bit tucked away on a hillside, because it feels like a private retreat. We loved sitting outside in the hammock, watching the sunset with that sweet angel of a dog lying next to us. This is definitely a little slice of paradise we'd return to if we're ever in the area again. Rainy radiates sunshine and warmth, and we could tell he genuinely cares about his place and the people staying there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenicorn S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I love the place. Jungle, ocean, wild life. Everyday was amazing to wake up to the sounds of the monkeys, the smell of pure nature, and the smiling face of Rainy. I definitely want to come back again. Have to mention Rainy's adorable side kick Talulah. Who, like her boss, is just as welcoming and warm. The cabinas are awesome, the whole place is great. Comfortable, and homely. Till next time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lisa D
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Myself and my 3 friends stayed for 5 days at Rainy´s lodge and we had a great time! Rainy´s hospitality was very personal and he was genuinely concerned that everything was going well for us,
We stayed in the house with the incredible view and were visited by monkeys each day. The house had everything (and more) that I could have wanted or needed. We opted to have breakfast included and thoroughly enjoyed that.
I would not hesitate to come back again and stay at here, in fact I am already planning it!

Room Tip: The house has great views
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DebbieWarboys
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I hosted a yoga retreat at Lanzas de Fuego and could not have asked for better treatment of myself or my guests. Rainy is amazing, hospitable, accommodating and treats you like family. He truly wants you to have an amazing time. The view from each bungalow is great especially the sunset room. The food his chef/cook prepared was delicious, healthy and there was plenty of it! The rooms are clean and cozy. My favorite part was the Rancho, a fun place to hangout with drinks, games, to watch the sunset or chill and listen to some tunes. I highly recommend staying at the lodge if you are in Pavones, it's my favorite! I look forward to bringing a new crew of yogis there in the future!

Room Tip: Choose the sunset room if it's available!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Megernst
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Excellent! We stayed there for a week. The owner and staff are very hospitable and accommodating. The cabins are very clean and comfortable. You are literally in the jungle with a beautiful view of the ocean.
We did the all inclusive package deal! I would HIGHLY recommend that option! Everything was taken care of! We had three meals a day prepared by a very well trained Costa Rican chef. We did yoga each morning with an amazing yoga instructor. We went on a waterfall tour, rode horses, & surfed! Our transportation was completely taken care of! It was relaxing, refreshing and exhilarating! We wanna go back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mary R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pavones
Bosque del Cabo Rainforest Lodge
#5 of 13 in Pavones
Lookout Inn Lodge
Lookout Inn Lodge
#1 of 6 in Carate

Been to Lanzas de Fuego Surf & Adventure Lodge? Share your experiences!