Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
buzze
UK

Second time – twice as good

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Sept 2015
Travelled solo in August for 10 nights. Last time I went in April so I was concerned that the weather would be a downside. Lucky for me the weather was generally good and would definitely take the risk again to take advantage of the great prices. Booked through Paula at Magic of Maldives – excellent service from start to finish and I would highly recommend.
This time I booked a standard villa rather than the deluxe I had stayed in previously. It was absolutely fine, slightly smaller than the deluxe and no bath but perfectly adequate, of course kept exceptionally clean by the lovely room boy. I ordered kettle and tea as an extra as they are not included in this category and was given them comp as a repeater. The room was close to a cut through 160 as I had requested so full marks to the booking staff for arranging this. This part of the island is close to the bar at the water villas and has a path through to the opposite making it very handy for the pool bar, spa, lovely garden and the a la carte restaurants- not that anywhere is too far to walk of course. I stayed B&B so I could eat what and when I liked and found the food of even better quality this time, although I missed the egg man at breakfast and was disappointed that Mas Huni is no longer on the pool bar menu. I experienced good service always and all the staff I encountered were friendly and cheerful. Average spend per day was approx. $100.
It was quite amazing the seasonal change in the spread of sand around the island and the shelf from hard to soft sand created by the waves in parts, however for the most part of my holiday the sea was calm, some days even like a mill pond. Only on one occasion was I forced to snorkel on the east side and then wished I had gone before as there are some varied anemones with nemos clustered together near the Moodhu bar. The visibility was generally better than I expected but lots of plankton in the atoll and of course this brings huge benefits. The fish life on the reef was even more “soupy” than my last visit. Turtles every snorkel, my dream of seeing an eagle ray was fulfilled and one magical day I saw mantas on the house reef on two snorkels. I also saw some baby black tip sharks and a juvenile nurse shark. The trip with the dive school to Hanifaru Bay was a highlight that I will never forget. So amazing to see these wonderful creatures so close and in such numbers; a very emotional experience for several of us on the trip.
I met several other solo travellers and we all agreed that this is a great island if you are on your own - you can be as sociable or unsociable as you like. Hoping to go back again for a third time some time.
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this review
Responded 21 Sept 2015
Dear buzze,

We are pleased to read your detailed review and are certainly happy to hear that you have also enjoyed your second stay with us. Thank you very much for your praising comments which we will pass on to the respective staff.
We hope to heave the possibility to welcome you again soon on Reethi Beach – for your third visit!

Hotels.com
    £2,489
3.9 miles from Reethi Beach Resort
View more hotels in Fonimagoodhoo Island
3,159 results
All reviews main bar sunset bar water villa fish our honeymoon every night dolphin safari deluxe villa other islands west side sea plane the grill octopus food in the main restaurant room boy room number half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2015

My Husband booked this holiday as a surprise What an amazing place Heaven on earth .
Fantastic accommodation ,clean and spacious and absolute wonderful time that I will never forget Excellent service food amazing and very attentive staff
Would love to go back .

3  Thank mandi942
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear mandi942,

It’s lovely to hear that you have enjoyed every minute of this surprise visit to Reethi Beach and we thank your husband to choose our resort as your holiday destination in Maldives.
We certainly hope to be able to welcome you again soon on Reethi Beach!

Reviewed 10 September 2015

When we arrived, after a long trip, weather was windy and rainy. But our optimism payed off, on the second day and after a strong midday rain, the sun came to stay! We liked the island when it was cloudy, we loved its colorfulness in the sunshine.
First of all, our room. We received a surprise upgrade from our booked villa to a deluxe villa, number 107. Its cozy traditional furniture and arrangement was what we had in mind for our stay. We even enjoyed an afternoon tea in the afternoon on the terrace during a rainfall. Everything was close by, it's a small island after all. The best of all was the beach, a long stretch of white sand, turquoise waters, a reef entry point just in front of us. Perfect! And it gets better, the blocks that prevent beach erosion created a small calm lagoon for relaxed swimming! We would like to thank our room boy, Samrath, his discreet pampering and artful sheet designs made our honeymoon even better.
Relaxed, green and clean, these words can describe Reethi. We took of our shoes on arrival and wore them again just before our departure. Barefooted we explored every public place of the island. We enjoyed walking under a tunnel of plants on the paths around the island, and emerging from the shade to the sunny beach. An other thing we liked was the privacy we felt in our room, even with guests in the neighboring villas.
As for the sea, imagine this, you start swimming from the blurry shallow waters and suddenly the veil lifts and you see a pretty reef teeming with life. Shoals of colorful fish, fearless of our presence, parrotfishes munching on corals, snorkeling even in the house reef is amazing. We did an excursion with Sea-Explorer, the diving school, to coral garden. Although there were not many fish, the variety and plenty of corals was more than enough substitute. Unfortunately we didn't manage to go to any other of the many excursions available.
We did go though to the Robinson picnic. We basically rented a deserted island for the afternoon, to be just the two of us. Everything was great except of the mosquitoes, obviously it's not the resort to blame.
As honeymooners we where offered a candle light dinner at Saima Garden, where Gah (I hope we remember his name correctly) was very helpful and pleasant waiting our table. Also we would like to thank the chefs for the delicious dishes we had.
We had all our other meals at the main restaurant. We enjoyed the variety at the buffet. There was something for every one. Starting from the international basics, plain rice and pasta, the traditional tone with curies on every meal, and of course themed nights. We informed the management about my wife's celiac disease, when we booked our stay and on arrival. Every time there was a chef present to help us on which items are safe for her to eat, many thanks to all of them.
The main event every day on the island, is the afternoon fish feeding. Sting rays, a lot of fish, reef sharks and even a guitar fish showed up to be fed. You don't want to miss it! An other event we enjoyed was at the main bar, where employees sang and danced traditional songs. They even invited us to join them dancing. It was nice to see something from the Maldivian culture.
And finally, bioluminescence!! We discovered it by accident and it became our favorite activity before sleep. We spent a lot of time every night on the beach mesmerized by this wonder. It's not easy to spot but when you find them it will reward you with a fine sight.
Thank you for our wonderful stay. We hope to visit again you excellent resort.
Warm regards.
Konstantinos & Gioninta

5  Thank Kostas-Gioninta

Dear Kostas-Gioninta,

Thank you very much for this splendid review about your stay on Reethi Beach! It’s exciting to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay on the island and explored every angle of the resort.

Please do visit us again, it would be an honor to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 10 September 2015

This is the most beautiful place on earth that I have ever visited. We stayed for a week for my hubby's birthday! We stayed in the WaterVilla bungalow. The balcony had deck chairs/sunbed. The scene was breathtaking. The room, cleanliness, could walk into the sea anytime, the whole resort was very pleasant. We were really impressed and surprised on the day on hubby's bday, not only did they leave a birthday card in the room, but also decorated the room! very pretty. Ontop in the restaurant although we could sit anywhere, the staff had arranged beautiful bougenvilla flowers on the table, plus they surprised us with a birthday cake! Thankyou! We snorkelled all around the resort, beautiful scenery all rounder! beautiful fishes in the sea. Everything was provided including umbrellas in the room incase it rained. The whole island is a barefoot island, you can walk around no flipflops necessary! Staff very friendly and always helpful and smiling throughout. It was a very relaxing place. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.There are also lots of excursions that you can take if you are into diving, dolphin safari, island hopping, you can hire all the gear at the sea explorer place, although we just stayed at the resort. there is a spa, souvenier shop but its quite expensive, there is also a swimming pool, tennis courts, plenty of activities to keep you busy. However, would suggest go for all inclusive as there are many restuarants,that you can try out different foods. We were halfboard and didn't mind the main restaurant as it had a lot of varieties of food and each day was different menu and had a lot of choices.Wifi is available only at reception, bar & resturants. not in the rooms. Also would suggest go for seaplane transfer as we had the boat and plane transfer to the main island of Dharavandhoo.(as we experienced delays). On the morning of departure, it was so well organised as it was a very early morning, they arranged breakfast as well at 5am!
Overall the best holiday I have had and amazing place to visit. Thank you very much RBR for making this a very special holiday. Really appreciate all your hospitality.

Room tip: Beach Villas are also good as WaterVillas as both have direct access to the sea anyways.
Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank saschades x

Dear saschades x,

Thank you very much for this great review and choosing Reethi Beach on the occasion of your husbands’ birthday. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed every minute of your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon on Reethi Beach!

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to the Reethi Beach Resort for our honeymoon over New Year's and it was perfect in every imagine able way! The staff was friendly when we arrived on our seaplane and quickly checked us in and brought us to our over-water bungalow. The island is covered with well-manicured dirt paths that lend to the tropical feel and laid back atmosphere of the island. Our room was to the left side of the arc of over-water rooms, closer to the reef, which is good if you like to snorkel. The room was very clean and very comfortable. When opening up the doors to the deck it is magical! Being able to walk directly from your room down into the ocean is an unforgettable experience. The reef has an abundance of colorful fish and corals and occasionally more exotic creatures like rays, sharks and turtles. A good underwater camera is a must as what you see here can not be described in words. We also brought our own snorkeling gear as I'm not sure what is available at the dive shop. I had read equipment was available but the dive shop wasn't always open and having the flexibility to take your mask and go is great. I went with the idea that we would try all the different restaurants through the "select" all-inclusive package but the food was so good in the buffet that we just ended up eating their most nights and did not pay extra for the "select" option. There was nightly entertainment in the bar but we didn't partake that much. What we did experience were live bands and they were fine. Another thing about the island is that most people don't wear shoes. It is all sand so there is no need and for me made the trip all the more relaxing! The staff throughout the stay was most friendly and helpful. Overall the island is truly paradise and the accommodations and services only enhance it. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is traveling to the Maldives!!!

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank anthonyshay
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear anthonyshay,

Thank you very much for choosing Reethi Beach as your holiday escape in Maldives and this superb review. We are delighted to learn that you have found our sumptuous buffet to be of excellent quality and we will certainly pass your comments on to our Executive Chef.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again some time on Reethi Beach!

Reviewed 3 September 2015

My husband and I travelled to Reethi beach in August for 12 nights. This was our second holiday in the Maldives at a similar time of year and the weather did not disappoint. We had two cloudy/rainy days and the rest were lovely and sunny and very hot!

Let me start with the accomodation. We stayed in a standard Reethi Villa, room 163, and I really would recommend booking this room. We could hear the sea from our room and only had to walk past a couple of trees to get on to the beach. We were actually better situated than some of the delux villas as this part of the island is very quiet and we rarely had people walking past us as we lay on our sun loungers. The room itself was spotless and had one of the biggest beds we have ever slept in on holiday, just wonderful! The bathroom was just as nice, although it took a little getting use to having a toilet in an outside bathroom (the bathroom is covered but has an open end), but the relaxing surroundings soon help you forget that. It's so lovely to have a shower whilst looking at the stars after a day relaxing on the beach.

The house reef is easy to access, there was an acess channel right by our room. In terms of coral life the reef is not so good - BUT it does have an incredible amount of life and the snorkelling is excellent. Aside from the great fish life we saw turtles eels and rays and some guests saw mantas and dolphins during our stay.

The food was also very good. We were debating going on the Reethi al la cate all inclusive for the last five days, but with myself being pregnant we decided it wouldn't be worth it, so we had standard all inclusive, but it may have been worthwile to go half board or bed and breakfast. The buffet was always very good, plenty to chose from and kept stocked with freshly prepared foods. The salalds were wonderful! We also treated ourselves to a couple of visits to the grill and lunch at Moodu, both very good. We would visit the bar near the water villas at night due to its quieter atmosphere and location near our villa.

The staff are just incredible! Every single employee we came across treated us with wamth and respect and I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality, you made our holiday very special. Special thanks have to go to our waiter at the main restraunt, Vishah, who every day remembered our drinks orders and always asked us about our day. Also our bar man at the water villa bar, Jyobhish, whose English was exceptional! He was incredibly welcoming and wonderful to talk to (he also makes delicious cocktails and moctails!).

Whilst at Reethi we were lucky enough to go on the Snorkling excursion to see the Manta Rays. On our first visit we only saw 4 due to a change in current direction, but on our second visit we were surrounded by these amazing animals! It really was a wonderful experience. My husband also took part in a number of dives and on one trip was even joined by a group of dolphins! He thought the diving was great and very well run. The visability at this time of year can be quite bad but the presence of manta rays makes up for it and he saw them on about half of the dives. He even got to see them being cleaned by cleaner wrasse.

Overall we just didn't want to leave! Thank you to everyone at Reethi that helped make our holiday so special, you all work incredibly hard and deserve a lot of credit for running such a wonderful resort!

Room tip: standard rooms up near the water villas are nice and peaceful with wonderful sunset views.
3  Thank bug_et_denny

Dear bug_et_denny,

Thank you very much for your superb review and choosing Reethi Beach this time as your holiday destination in Maldives. We are excited to hear that you have had a fantastic time on our island and were particularly happy with the underwater world around the island.

Please visit us again soon – we would feel honored to have the opportunity to welcome you again on Reethi Beach in the near future.