Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sally R
Gosport, United Kingdom

Perfect Laid-Back Chill-Out

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Feb 2016
Can’t believe we have already been back a week from our blissfully wonderful 14 night holiday at the delightful Reethi Beach Resort. My review affirms what has been written by others who were also there during the first two weeks of February 2016, and who I recognise from their descriptions!
For ease of reference I thought I would bullet point everything – so much to say! Here we go……

> Ambience: Reethi Beach is a really relaxed, chilled, non-swanky, non-stuffy and laid back holiday island in the Baa Atoll, North West of Male. You can walk round the island in a brisk 20 minute stroll. But don’t! You are on holiday, just take your time and enjoy! White sand, turquoise shallows, deep blue sea, breaking waves, palm trees, dense and shady vegetation in the interior ……bliss! There is also the lovely horticultural haven of the Reethi Garden. It’s definitely ‘Shoes? You lose!’ here too. Going barefoot is a great leveller, and everybody smiles and says hello to each other as they stroll around the sandy paths. The staff are delightful, always smiling and cheerful, and so good at remembering names and room numbers and favourite tipples! Whilst there we felt very much as though we were part of a special Reethi Family. Clientele seems mostly Brits and Germans but we met some lovely North Americans too, one young honeymoon couple all the way from Texas for just a week! Mostly…. er ….’mature’ people like us, 50+ I guess, but some younger couples and a few families.

> What to pack: for 2 weeks, Ladies – lots of swimwear (don’t sit around in wet swimsuits for too long!), 3 or 4 beach dresses, sarongs for lunch coverup, hat, shades, one flip flops, snorkel gear. Forget the jewellery and make-up, you won’t be bothered and it’s too hot even for lippy!! Chaps – as above but shorts and t-shirts! Some older chaps had long trousers and shoes for eves – overdressed!!!!! Temp was between 28 and 31 degrees even at night so trust me, pack light.

> Entertainment: Very low-key in the eves. Look out for the programme of events listed at the Reception and main buffet area. There was something at 21.30 each eve in the main bar: a quiz one night, a talk by the Spa ladies another, a talk by the watersports folk, the dive people, disco on Saturday for those who have the inclination to throw a shape, karaoke on Sunday. Maldivian drummers. That’s about it. People happy to play cards, dice, chat etc in the bars. Perfect for us! Also wifi in main areas. Couldn’t get it in the villa but could get it on the beach. Tried to resist it though!

> Food: Fabulous. Beautifully presented without being fussy, and there was a tremendous choice at all the eateries. We were on AI Select so we had free-rein everywhere. Our favourite was the Moodhu, we breakfasted there most days – service was a trifle leisurely but then who needs to rush on holiday. Poached eggs, fresh fruit and fresh orange juice to die for. We split evening meals roughly between there and the Reethi Grill. Takeaway curries will never be the same again! The Snapper in Coconut curry was amazing, as was the Butter Chicken but I think my favourite was the cheapest thing on the menu……. The Kadhai Paneer. So tasty I practically licked the dish clean! Plenty of options for non-spice-lovers too. I also enjoyed the buffet selection, really well presented, great salads too, and you can try lots of new things at once. There is a different theme every night, look out for Maldivian night. The pool also has a good selection for lunch – we stuck to watermelon and feta salad and a bowl of chips between us, too hot for much else really. If I were to make one request though, it would be to have a few more very light lunch snacks available. The portions are very generous!

> Drink: The restaurants had a good wine list, we loved the New Zealand wines but there is something for every taste. We sampled all the bars, each had its own vibe. Needless to say we worked our way through the extensive cocktail menu. The Sunset Bar was soooooo chilled! Anything more than a swimsuit and cover-up and you will be overdressed! Still very warm there till about 6:45pm so take a sunhat and shades even then. The bar near the water villas was very shady and quiet, we enjoyed chatting to the SriLankan barman Janacka there. The Main Bar, which in many resorts can seem a bit impersonal, was just the opposite at Reethi. With palm-shaded decking on the outside, a sandy floor within and comfortable armchairs it was just the place to relax at any time of the day. We enjoyed a coffee and cocktail there after dinner and played endless games of Yahtzee, much to the amusement of the waiters who were keeping tabs on who was winning! There’s a couple of dice forever buried under the decking now!

> Accommodation: Our standard villa on the sunrise side was HUGE! I think the same size as the deluxe ones on the other side. Included a seating area, flat screen TV and voluminous wardrobe space. I loved the outdoor bathroom space with ‘his and hers’ drench showers, and there was also a large bath with a directional hand shower, great for rinsing sand out of where it really doesn’t need to be! TIP – the afternoon sun streamed straight in so keep creams etc in the bedroom to stop them boiling up. If I were to be really picky, the villa was just a little dark especially around the fridge area, and some of the tiles in the bathroom were a little tired, but this is so minor it wasn’t a problem for us. Am only mentioning for info, in case sparkly tiles are top of your wish-list. We did find the aircon a bit drafty, as it was aimed straight at the bed, and my husband just found it too noisy so we stuck with just the fan at night. We could also have opened the doors for through-draft but he was worried about creepy crawlies! (There weren’t any!). Must admit I struggled with night-heat. He didn’t. It’s probably an age thing!

I had wanted a few nights in a water villa but there were none available. However, they seemed a little exposed at the north end of the island, and I would have struggled with steep steps into the water. It was also quite choppy at times, and non-confident swimmers may have struggled there. Also those on the eastern side did not seem to have very nice beach access. There were sunbeds for the water villas but these were quite close together on a bit of beach that was suffering a bit of erosion. Very handy for the lovely beach bar there though!

> Villa location: We had a standard beach villa, no 190 on the Eastern side. In February this is also the breezy side but actually the breeze was lovely - made the sea a bit more ‘exciting’ though! It took me a few days to realise that the villa was actually in a terrace of about 10, as it felt very private tucked away in the vegetation, with just maybe a 20 metre walk to the beach. It was very conveniently located for all the facilities and we enjoyed the comings and goings from the jetty. There were just a few sunbeds on that little stretch of beach between the fish-feeding jetty and the Moodhu Bar, and it felt quite exclusive! You do lose the sun on that side about 4.40 though. So that is the time to wander round to the house reef on the other side for some snorkelling, and end up at the Sunset bar for cocktails!

> AI Select v B & B: Agonised about this and opted for AI Select. It probably would have been cheaper doing B & B as we didn’t really drink much wine, which is where a lot of the Select money goes at $49 a bottle plus tax, and we could only manage one main course in the eves! But who wants to go on hols and count shekels all the time! So lovely just to be able to have whatever we wanted and not worry. The menus are on the website, so you can work out your likely consumption and decide your package on that basis. Personally I would recommend the standard beach villa and AI Select over water villa and B & B!

> Snorkelling: Fish Soup! Astonishing array of fish on the house reef, so close to the beach. The current can be quite strong so check which way it is flowing so you don’t end up going backwards. It was like swimming in an aquarium. Parrot fish that look like they have been at the face-paints, clown fish, angel fish, butterfly fish, sea urchins, lion fish, scary Titans, little sharks……..and best of all, we discovered the turtle on our last day and swam with it for quite a while. A real highlight. We also snorkelled outside our villa on the other side when too lazy to walk round, it was a bit more choppy but still much to see. TIP – get an ‘EasyBreathe’ full face mask from Tribord (via Decathlon or online). Great visibility and no gum-rub as from a normal snorkel. Even if you do look like Darth Vader!

I also took advantage of the introductory dive offer. Realised it wasn’t for me when they put the weighted belt on and I couldn’t stand up! Was a bit disappointed I didn’t take to it, but the snorkelling was so good that I don’t think I missed out on anything.

> Beach: Lovely powdery white sand above the water line, quite extensive on the western side, less on the other side. At the water line the sand can be a little sharp from broken shells and corals, but not so much that you would need jelly shoes. Follow the endless hermit crab trails in the early morning and evening. These little creatures really are comical - take a torch and go for a moonlight stroll after dinner, and you will see hundreds scurrying about, the whole beach is alive with them! Also don’t miss the fish-feeding at 6pm. Massive rays turn up early, snorting and snuffling and demanding food from the fish-feeder who hand feeds them!

> Watersports: Plenty available for those who want it, I am not currently fit enough or we would have had a go at the catamaran sailing. We weren’t disturbed by jetskis etc from where our villa was located.

> Excursions: We only did one of the excursions from our AI package, the sunset cruise. It was a pleasant tootle around for a couple of hours, and we were fortunate that we were able to see the sun go all the way down – often it is a bit cloudy on the horizon. Soft drinks were supplied and the crew very kindly took photos of us (silly Bluetooth selfie stick purchased at Gatwick wouldn’t work!).

We also did the Robinson Crusoe experience. I had read on here that it was not up to much, but actually we really enjoyed it and found it one of the most memorable things! They take you to a long sandbar with a few palm trees, a lot of driftwood and some other vegetation, a couple of sunbeds and a couple of shelters but it does have a certain rustic charm about it. They give you a phone, a first aid pack, a nice picnic complete with satin tablecloth, then they leave you for three hours! It was a little bit surreal and we did a lot of giggling and wrote our names in charcoal on the shelter! We snorkelled a bit but it was not as good as the house reef. Also the sea was a bit lively, which made getting on and off the boat a bit of an adventure. We were grateful for the stiff breeze as it could have been unbearably hot without it, and we were glad we chose to go in the morning. Do try it though, it’s a hoot!

DO take the ‘backstage tour’. It was fascinating. The staff quarters and technical operation is so well camouflaged you are just not aware of it. The kitchens are immaculate and the housekeeping is so slick. The island is very eco-friendly and it is astonishing what they have achieved in such a small space. It also seems the staff are well looked after which is reassuring.

> Spa: Ahhh the spa……… we splashed out on the ‘Bliss’ package for couples on what we later realised was Valentine’s Day! Over two hours of massage and facial followed by a floral aromatherapy bath. Campest thing ever! But my goodness those lovely Balinese ladies don’t half give you a good going over. Found deep tissues I never thought I had! Go on, treat yourselves ! ;)

> Tropical hazards: By which I mean wildlife and insects! The resort is sprayed (eco-friendly) so there are no mosquitos and jungle juice was not required. There were a few ants in the bathroom and a few geckos but to be honest I would have been disappointed if there weren’t. It is the tropics after all and they just add to the ambience. We saw quite a few chameleons who are weird but completely harmless, and look out for ENORMOUS fruit bats at dusk too.

> Journey: We flew Emirates Airbus 380 departing 13.35 from Gatwick, with a stop in Dubai to switch to a Boeing 777 to Male. This got us in early morning, and we then took the seaplane to Reethi – only £130 extra for the two of us – and well worth it! Noisy, smelly, but quite exciting! Ask for earplugs, especially if you are sat behind the engines, and keep a sickbag handy, the smell of other people vomiting could set you off too ;) We arrived on the western side of the island on a rather bouncy pontoon and then had a short boat trip to the island (I think during our summer months the seaplane comes right up to the main jetty on the other side as the breeze switches round then). Allowing for the extra hour, this got us in around midday. On the return journey we had to get the first seaplane out at 7.15am (6.15 Male time) for our 9.15 flight. However, due to the previous day’s storm and subsequent cloud and choppiness, the plane was late and then we had to make an emergency stop for two stranded passengers elsewhere! Some travellers were getting rather anxious but I suspect this happens a fair bit and the transfer people were well-prepared, ushering us quickly to waiting buses and taking care of our luggage. They had also informed the Airline of our possible delay. In the end we had over an hour and our flight was late in from Dubai anyway. Arrived back at Gatwick 7pm, home for tea, toast and Marmite by 8:45pm (2:45am Reethi time!). A long day, but this was a good option for us.

> Travel Agent: We travelled with Magic of the Maldives, and I must say a big thank you to Paula there for being so helpful - especially the tip about the Easybreathe snorkel! Everything was really well organised, nothing too much trouble. Paula was always so prompt about answering my many questions and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone travelling to the Maldives.

> Summary (at last!): If you are looking for a warm (in every sense), relaxing, friendly, chilled out time with no dressing-up or standing on ceremony, look no further. Reethi is it. Loved, loved, loved it :)
Date of stay: February 2016
Room Tip: Standard villa 190 on Eastern side is HUGE. Terraced but very private. In Feb benefits from...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this review
Responded 7 Mar 2016
Dear Sally R,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review; moreover, for choosing our island for your February escape!
We are amazed to read, that you had such a great time on our island, especially the enjoyable evenings in our Reethi Grill after a day of snorkeling in the house reef or a round of Yahzee.

We would feel honored to welcome you back to Reethi Beach to bury a few more dices under the deck in main bar and check out a few more cocktails! :)

• Priceline
    £147
5.4 miles from Reethi Beach Resort
View more hotels in Fonimagoodhoo Island
3,159 results
All reviews main bar sunset bar water villa fish our honeymoon every night dolphin safari deluxe villa other islands west side sea plane the grill octopus food in the main restaurant room boy room number half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2016

We spent 9 nights at Reethi Beach over half term with our 3 children (oldest 15, youngest 10) and we loved it.I have been lucky enough to go to a number of different resorts in the Maldives over the years but I think Reethi Beach ticks more boxes than any of the others.

Food: We went half board which worked really well. We chose to have lunch every day in the beautiful Moodhu Restaurant built out over the lagoon. The food was delicious, great service and you would be hard pushed to find a more beautiful setting. Supper was buffet style in the main restaurant with a different theme every day. The cooking was outstanding. My parents visit the Maldives every year staying in different 5* resorts and commented that the food at Reethi was as good if not better than any resort they had stayed at (and that includes Soneva Fushi, Jumeirah, Cocoa etc). The only difference between dinner at Reethi and the top 5* resorts is the slickness of the service and the little extra details of presentation. And you will pay at least three times as much for that difference.

Rooms: We had a two Reethi Villas on the sunset side. They were comfortable and permanent hot water was available in the bathroom which isn't always the case on many islands. The location was perfect, right on the beach with your own sun loungers. My parents had a deluxe villa which was a notch up and possibly worth the extra but it depends on what matters to you.

Reef and Snorkelling: Reethi Beach reef has the best house reef snorkelling I have experienced in the Maldives. It is incredibly easy to access and runs the whole way down the sunset side (you can also snorkel on the sunrise side but it isn't a continuous reef). The coral is nothing special and has suffered like many of the islands but the quantity and variety of sea life was outstanding. It may have something to do with being on the edge of the atoll but there were huge shoals of angel fish, orange toothed trigger fish and many others. We also saw morays, the house turtle, napoleon fish (which I haven't seen for ages), clown triggerfish, lion fish, octopus, surgeon fish, bat fish, reef sharks etc etc etc. We took an underwater camera, bought a book on Maldivian fish and my sons and husband spent most of the holiday underwater taking photos and then ticking the fish off in the book! Every evening at 6pm there would be ray feeding on the beach. This was an amazing sight as at least 10 rays would appear coming right into the shallows and sit on the feet of the guy feeding them splashing as hard as they could to get his attention! They were also accompanied by other fish, reef shark and a guitar shark. One of the highlights of the holiday which is unlikely to be replicated in the near future was the hatching of a nest of turtle eggs. The resort kept them in a safe place for the day as they had hatched at dawn. They were released when it was dark and we got to see them head out to sea.

Watersports: By the time we had exhausted the obvious things on offer and started to look at watersports the weather had become a bit unsettled and we didn't use any. However, we met a couple who took the catamaran out everyday with a skipper and sailed amongst the dolphins who hang out very close to the island. Definitely will be something we do on arrival next year!

Facilities: A real bonus for keeping the kids occupied was the sports centre. Whilst most of the day was spent in the sea, the boys never really sit still. The sports centre is great, with badminton (which they played every day), table tennis, squash and a gym.

Things to note: I guess to keep the price down for guests who don't use the extra facilities on offer you do have to pay for some things. e.g. the sports centre is $7 an hour or you can buy an unlimited weeks ticket for $30 ($50 for a couple) but you do then get bottled water free on every visit. A big tip is to take your own snorkelling equipment. It is very expensive to hire from the dive centre.

In summary, unless you are searching for the smartness that accompanies 5* hotels then I don't believe you can do much better than Reethi Beach.

4  Thank Suzanne-May3
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear Suzanne-May3,

We were stunned to read your lovely review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write it! Moreover we would like to thank you for choosing Reethi Beach over all the 5* Resorts for your family holiday.
We can imagine how much fun it must have been to snorkel every day and then come back and tick off the fish names in your book.
You were very lucky indeed, to see our turtles hatching as this is a very rarely happening event but always a precious one.

Overall, we are delighted to hear that you had such a great time on our island and it would be our great pleasure to welcome you back in 2017 so you can experience our water sports center and who knows, maybe another turtle hatching :)

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

We visited Reethi between 22nd Jan and 3rd Feb and we could not have wished for a more perfect cure to the winter blues. Everything about the island is exactly as the reviews state, beautiful, welcoming, well maintained and peaceful.

My husband spends hours planning our holiday and this was no exception the forums have been wonderful for providing us with all the information we could need so thanks to everyone who replied to him!

We stayed in a standard villa for 7 nights and a Watervilla for the final 3, our first bungalow could not have been in a more perfect spot a few steps onto the beach and sun all day long. The ease of having your own sun loungers really is a huge plus and the rooms are kept so clean and tidy. The Watervilla was stunning and it was so amazing to wake up to the view in the mornings. The only thing was the difference in noise as the last two nights we quite windy so you hear the waves crashing just worth bearing in mind if you are a light sleeper! Lovely to have the private balcony with loungers to relax in and we found that by late afternoon it got a bit breezy so we would head off to the lagoon for a swim and then a drink at the sunset bar to wind down!

After a lot of thought we booked the AI select option and I have to say it was worth every penny, to not have to worry about being up in time for the buffet breakfast, to enjoy the beautiful setting of Moodhu for your own choice of breakfast was wonderful, the added bonus of watching a pod of dolphins swim by in our first day added to the magic! We lived being able to switch between all the restaurants and we want to say that the food in every single one is superb, the standards here are really extremely high and I agree with the majority that the butter chicken in Reethi Grill is to die for! We were made to feel so special with little touches from the waiters who remembered your choice of wines and cocktails although working our way through the excellent wine list did keep them on their toes 😄😄

We had drinks in the main bar every evening and again the service was simply superb with a great choice of delicious cocktails, my husband became rather addicted to the Cafe Royales......

We really enjoyed the technical tour it is fascinating to find out what goes on backstage and is it any wonder the whole island runs like clockwork!

I am usually pestered wherever I go with mosquitos and although we had read that there were none I was still not sure enough until we arrived but the staff have worked hard to keep the island free of them and it really is true!

I am not a confident swimmer at all but came prepared with a flotation vest to go with my snorkelling gear and was delighted to be able to merrily spend my time floating out to the edge of the reef and getting up close and personal with such a stunning mix of fish, not having much to compare it to I enjoyed every minute of it and was delighted with what I saw.

We really cannot recommend Reethi highly enough and we keep looking back at the pictures, facebook updates and forum posts longingly wishing we were still there! A huge thank you to all the staff who made us feel so very welcome and well looked after. So question is will we booking again for next year..... Who knows! But if you do decide to go you won't be disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank seannaholland
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Dear seannaholland,

Thank you very much for choosing Reethi Beach for your winter blues escape and of course for writing this lovely review!
It is such a pleasure to read your stunning comments and we are more than happy that you have had enjoyed your stay with us in its entirety.
The Reethi Select option gives you more flexibility indeed, as you are more or less free of any timetable. Therefore, we can imagine how much you must have liked our Moodhu Bar in the morning especially with some dolphins passing by.

We would feel honored to welcoming you back in 2017 for some more Café Royales and one or the other dinner in our Reethi Grill. Did you try the Saima Garden yet? :)

Reviewed 18 February 2016

We returned to Reethi for the 3rd time in early February and we couldn't fault our 10 nights in a Deluxe Villa near the Sunset Bar. Many Staff genuinely remembered us from last year and our food/drink choices. Mind you, we are a bit 'distinctive' with my curly mop and my husband's very short white/grey hair! We met a few couples from last year and the year before and it was nice to catch up and spend time at the bars (with the perfect Mojito) comparing turtle sightings!

As always, our room was kept spotless and my request for a mattress topper was sorted out within an hour. There were a few of those huge ants round the loo outside, but a large can of Hit! appeared when we mentioned it. The cutely rubbery resident geckos sorted any other little bugs. No mosquitoes, of course, but quite a few biting sand flies this year.

The nightly turndown always involves complicated sheet patterns, but on the evening of my husband's 60th birthday, having received a card from Reethi management in the morning, the bed was decorated beautifully with individual petals and Happy Birthday spelled out with palm leaves. We went to the Moodhu for dinner to find a decorated table and were presented with a bottle of wine, cake and singing afterwards. I know this is what happens for everyone, but it doesn't make it any less special and it's obviously part of the Reethi ethos to make all guests feel that way.

The food was as good, if not better, than last year. We can't comment on the Buffet, but it always looked and smelled amazing, as we had breakfast and lunch at the Moodhu, then alternated between the Moodhu and Reethi Grill for dinner, plus a really lovely Saima Gardens evening. The wine choices were great, as I'm a Marlborough Sauvignon/sparkly fizz girl and husband like his Riojas. It really has to be experienced to capture the atmosphere of dining with your toes in the cool sand, or listening to the waves under the Moodhu. The Staff are all outstanding and friendly.

The beach was really lovely this year; no pumping to spoil the tranquillity. We had a few fun end-of-evening walks along the beach with torches to spot the hermit crabs doing their thing; even had a 'David Attenborough' moment when we watched about 10 crabs line up in size order to swap shells! The stars were incredible as usual.

This year, the snorkeling was amazing; the Reef is improving year on year. We are sure the fish were bigger, bolder and more numerous than last. The spotted rays were cruising about and the huge groupers and the massive Napoleon Fish made their presence felt. One guest, Dave, who's been to Reethi 14 times, said it was like a wardrobe swimming past! We saw a few new species this year and noticed that there were a quite a lot of Titans about too; we gave them a wide berth! We swam with Freddy the turtle on a few occasions and it was such a privilege; my husband also found a much larger turtle near the water villas and mooched about with him for ages. We didn't see an octopus this year though. Next year we might drag ourselves out of the water/bars and onto a few trips to see the Mantas.

Everyone has their own criteria for what makes a perfect Maldivian Island. Reethi ticks all the boxes for us. It's informal, but I can dress up in my maxis for the evening; it caters for everyone, from buffet to silver service, soft drinks to fancy cocktails and top shelf wines and spirits; accommodation choices are excellent; it's truly eco, which we love; the Staff are brilliant; other guests are just really nice, too! We keep looking at other islands, but are already planning our 2017 Reethi return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank SunFreak

Dear SunFreak,

Thank you very much for visiting us already the third time and of course for taking your time to write this breathtaking review!
We do feel honored that we fulfill all your personal criteria’s for a perfect holiday. Moreover, it is so good to hear, that you felt welcomed by our staff, in particular with our Moodhu Bar waiters on the evening of your husband’s birthday!

It would be great to welcome you again in 2017 back to Reethi Beach, so that you can visit Freddy again! :)

Reviewed 13 February 2016

Positives
- For the money we paid - absolutely great value for mid-September
- Beach villas and water villas were fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed both
- Staff were absolutely lovely
- Food was delicious - not gourmet - but hearty, well cooked, well flavoured food
- Great house reef and good even for beginners - current can be strong so if not a strong swimmer - life vest helps with confidence - would have liked the buoys to be a bit more visible as these were the routes in and out of the sea.
- We went for the Mantas in Baa Atoll and we saw them!
- Good size island
- Wonderful massages
- Very peaceful
- Own sun loungers on beach when we had a beach villa and when we had a water villa so no fighting for loungers
- Beach and Lagoon were great - no complaints
- Wifi was good
- Night Snorkel was well worth it
- Stingray feeding was not to be missed

Negatives
- Snorkelling trips - the gents leading the snorkel trip could have tried harder to find the manta rays - we were in and out of the water so quickly each time we found the feeding stations we barely had time to look around and the people who lingered in the water hanging around when we were told to get back in the boat saw the mantas who swam away when we first got in. That being said - all local Maldivian staff leading this trip and running the boat were great - a real pleasure
- The sea-plane transfer wasnt as smooth as I would have liked - with hanging around and stopping at other resorts and leaving very early on the day of our flight - not an issue when staying a long time but we only had 5 nights - there was just time unnecessarily wasted

Overall would recommend to others. We are coming back to Maldives but going somewhere 30 mins speedboat ride away and now seduced by water villas with a plunge pool...

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shabyscooby
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Dear Shabyscooby,

Thank you very much for visiting Reethi Beach and for rating our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you had generally enjoyed your stay with us! Please be assured that we will pass your comments to the respective departments and especially to our dive school.

Even though you are planning you next trip on a different island, we would be happy to welcome you again one day on Reethi Beach!

Reviewed 11 February 2016

First visit to the Maldives and it could not have been better. The hotel was spectacular, with everything you could need. From the moment you arrive you are relaxed, no money needed as everything including shop purchases are charged to your room, no shoes required, no dressing up for dinner - shorts and t-shirt are fine. Also, as we had paid the all inclusive supplement which gave two trips free of charge, the sunset cruise and the island visits both were very good. The food is of an exceptional standard and is varied nightly, with some themed nights. We celebrated a birthday at the Moodhu Restaurant again excellent food, but also the staff organised a birthday cake and bottle wine at the end of the meal a surprise to all of us as we had not requested it. The snorkeling on the house reef was great and very safe but you could see some of the fishes in the shallows as well. Our room was on the land a few seconds from the beach, no worrying about beach loungers each room have their own with umbrella. Moonis kept our room spotless and arranged the bed sheet in a different pattern each night. A lovely relaxing time was had by all, and none of us wanted to leave.

Room tip: We stayed in 193 which was in a very good location
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Janet0256
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Dear Janet0256,

Thank you very much for choosing Reethi Beach for your first Maldives holiday and of course for rating our resort.
We are delighted to hear that our team made your holiday memorable, especially the night of the birthday celebration in Moodhu Bar!
We will ensure the feedback is shared with the respective departments and with Moonis from Housekeeping.

We are hoping to have the chance to welcome you again on our island, maybe for the next birthday!