Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mike M
Sidmouth, United Kingdom

No News.......No Shoes!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Sept 2017
Spent a fantastic 2 weeks with my Son on Reethi Beach during the school holidays this August. We stayed in one of the Water Villa's and absolutely loved it. I had been to Reethi Beach before, but this was the first time for my Son (15 years old). I'd already warned him that it might be full of honeymooning couples with few other teenagers around, but this wasn't the case and he soon made buddies with other teens visiting from all over Europe! In any case, we had plenty to do as the snorkelling is superb and we also joined the Sport Centre to get our daily dose of Squash, Badminton and Tennis, despite it being a little warmer in the Maldives than the usual chilly UK!!

The food in the Main Restaurant was superb with plenty to choose from every night - the chefs really do a fantastic job prepping and serving sumptous dishes - considering everything has to be imported they really pull all the stops out making something for everyone AND every nationality! Well done boys.

Our water villa was perfect and had everything we needed, although I should point out that as it only really has one HUGE double bed, we had to organise a sofa bed for my Son - worth remembering if you have either 2 people not sleeping in the same bed, or perhaps more than 2 staying in a water villa. It wasn't an issue and our super friendly room guy, Mohamed, had everything sorted in no time.

We got involved in a few Water activities during our stay and my Son really enjoyed hanging with the awesome crew down at Water World - Big up Milos who spent many any evening playing pool, table tennis and teaching the boys Chess! Jet-Skiing was a first for us, as was Kayaking but the holiday was topped by a Catamaran Fishing Trip and beach barbeque where we cooked up Bonito under the Palm Trees on Robinson Island. My son also managed to catch a 10KG YellowFin Tuna, on the handline, which was sooooo big, it nearly got away. It took our crew members' superhuman efforts of deep sea swimming to land his catch....what a fight!!!

We were at Reethi Beach on a Half Board basis as we just don't eat non-stop all day or need 3 meals a day, especially in the tropical climate! I am not a massive drinker, so was not looking to overdo it on cocktails and beers for a fortnight. I did think about All Inclusive, but I'm not sure it was for us really. However, as we were Half-Board, you do end up paying for ALL your drinks, coffee and addtional snacks (obviously)! It was quite a shock to see how a few beers and milk shakes / smoothies and a few lunchtime snacks soon turned into quite a large amount come check out time! (Drinks are not cheap by the way!!)

Anyhow, all in all, it was a superb holiday with my Son and one we will both remember for a long time. The acid test, I guess, is when you ask your teenager......"Would you like to go back one day?" and without hesitation say "YES PLEASE!!!"

Gossip on the street is that Reethi Beach is closing in it's current form by 2020, as apparently, new owners are sniffing around and want to turn it into a rich kids playground, probably soon to be swamped with champagne and caviar and executive boats pulling up to the jetty. Shame - the existing RB is moving ot another island, so let's hope the smiles, and the awesome staff and crew jump ship with them..........
    £4,268
  • eDreams
3.9 miles from Reethi Beach Resort
View more hotels in Fonimagoodhoo Island
3,178 results
All reviews main bar sunset bar water villa fish our honeymoon every night dolphin safari deluxe villa other islands west side sea plane the grill octopus food in the main restaurant room boy room number half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2017

A lovely week on Reethi - the service was excellent, everyone was very friendly and helpful and the island is absolutely beautiful. We took full advantage of the scuba facilities and enjoyed eating at the buffet for breakfast and dinner. If we went again we would choose the bed and breakfast option and then could eat out at any of the 2 other restaurants and also the buffet as it suited us for what I think would not be a lot more cost.

Room tip: Pick room on the east side of island if u can as more sheltered.
Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 15 September 2017

It's been 6 months since we visited Reethi and my opinion is still the same, hence the review.

Read the all inclusive notes carefully, unless you want to pay a big bill after paying for all inclusive you will be restricted to eating in the main restaurant, which is great if you like fish curry or salad.

Snorkelling equipment, put some more money aside for this, erm when all inclusive is not actually all inclusive at all

Should you happen to be on holiday during a significant anniversary please make sure to take your marriage certificate, that way you may be able to take up the offer of the sunset dinner. I'm over it now, it was probably fish curry anyway :)

Take your own milk if you want a cup of tea in your room in the morning. Apparently coffee mate is great in tea, the more you request milk, the more coffee mate you get, alternatively you could always buy milk at the bar - oh another cost.

Our first trip to the Maldives was fantastic, I was truly blown away. Sadly our second trip was to Reethi, oh well back to the Caribbean for us every time.

Date of stay: March 2017
12  Thank 751janetl
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing time lovely staff relaxing views are amazing food cooked fresh by the best chief s ever lucky me been three times would highly recommend even had my honeymoon there was spoilt so much been there with fried then went on my own so nice to chill in the best surroundings x

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We had 8 nights at Reethi, the staff were excellent, we had a bungalow that was stand alone, (number 160) it was great for snorkelling as right out in front was one of the entry and exit points for going in the water. The food was really good, we were 'all inclusive' and ate at the buffet each night, they varied the menu each night so we never got tired of it. We went in August and were lucky with the weather only a couple of showers. The seaplane was a highlight, very smooth take offs and landings and the scenery was awesome. I did the snorkelling tour to turtle reef, we saw some turtles, and the night snorkelling which was great, I did the snorkelling tour to Hanifaru Bay, if you are a snorkeller you have to do this one, the Manta Rays were swimming and turning in front of me, it was unbelievable, a definite highlight for me. My husband did the technical tour of the resort and enjoyed it. Overall a fantastic holiday.

Room tip: Bungalows on the west side were good
3  Thank EllaQueensland
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Reethi Beach and wish we had booked for longer.
We had a Water Villa which had a great view and was very relaxing listening to the water, when the weather got a bit wild one night the waves bounced off the bottom of the villa and kept waking us up but that just added to the experience for us.
We had an all inclusive deal which included some drinks on the menu but there was a good enough choice to keep us happy. We ate at the buffet every meal except one night and it was really good with a great variety of dishes.
The island is fantastic and lives up to it's no shoes policy, we only wore ours after some heavy rain.
We didn't do much in the way of activities apart from snorkelling which was well worth the effort.
I would like to give a special mention to the following:
Rasheed & Vishah in the buffet area,
Janakar in the bar near the water villas, Rahul and the boys at the main bar, Razziq who looked after our room and Stefan in the diving section who fixed my GoPro.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple