Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lanreathlass
Lanreath, United Kingdom

Return to Reethi...again and again!!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Sept 2017
This review is very late as we travelled to Reethi back in April 2017 but I guess better late than never!!
I'm sure a lot of what I'm going to say will be a repeat of other visitor's experiences but here goes. We stayed in a Deluxe beach villa this time, having stayed in a water villa on a previous visit. The villa was the perfect size for us with separate seating area and loungers both out side on the veranda and on the beach.
We stayed on the all inclusive select meal plan and it really did work out to be good value for us. We both like to dine in all the superb special restaurants as well as the main restaurant and not worry about the cost of anything on the menu or have to think about how many drinks we have consumed. Food and drink (both soft and alcoholic) are pricey in the Maldives and rather than be faced with a bill upon leaving this was definitely the best meal plan for us. The quality of the food and the level of service in all the restaurants was awesome. The staff cannot do enough to please you in any way they can. As we were returning several of the faces of the staff were familiar to us but they , in turn, remembered us from 3 years previously!! Special mention to the amazing Babatosh who together with Jameel, Islam, Ojes and the rest of the team of waiters made each and every one of our meals so enjoyable and memorable. Cheers guys!!!
We spent our days mostly soaking up the sun and relaxing so cannot comment on the watersports as such. However the watersports centre seemed very well run as did the trips run from the island on a daily basis.
The island is kept so clean and tidy and the attention to detail is everywhere you look. Our room boy kept our villa spotless and linen and sheets were changed regularly.
The biggest asset to the island is the staff themselves. I think the management recognise this, at least I hope they do. Each and every member of staff from the reception team to maintenance, waiters, cleaners were polite and helpful, always with a ready smile and keen to chat to us.
As if being nice to all us holidaymakers all day wasent enough there was the option to take the technical tour where we get to invade the staff quarters and see what goes on behind the scenes. This was fascinating, the size of the kitchens considering the volume of food produced each day is amazing. We noticed more sandbags being made this time together with more appearing on the shore compared to our last visit. Sad to see but very necessary, a sign of the times I guess and in no way detracted from the beauty of the island.
We booked our trip this time through Paula from Magic of Maldives and I would urge anyone considering going to contact her for a quote. Not only was she cheaper than Hayes & Jarvis but also gives a much more personal service and is so willing and helpful to tailor your holiday to your personal needs. Thank you so much Paula.
As I mentioned this was our second visit to Reethi, 7th visit to the Maldives! We enjoyed the holiday so much that we are going back again in April 2018 just once more before it is taken over by another company. To compare we are also going to spend a few nights on the new Reethi island, Reethi Faru. It will be interesting to compare the two.
So, in conclusion I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Reethi to anyone thinking of going....it really is the most stunning island with such a special friendly atmosphere....just cant wait to go back...again....counting down the days!!!!
Date of stay: April 2017
    £2,372
3.9 miles from Reethi Beach Resort
View more hotels in Fonimagoodhoo Island
3,159 results
All reviews main bar sunset bar water villa fish our honeymoon every night dolphin safari deluxe villa other islands west side sea plane the grill octopus food in the main restaurant room boy room number half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I spent ten days in Reethi Beach in August 2017 with my boyfriend. We absolutely loved everything about this place. Water and sea life are incredible, we went snorkeling every day and joined some of the organized excursions, the Manta trip was fantastic. You definitely don’t get bored because of the many activities available on the island; sports, water sports, excursions and more.
The food served in the main bar is good quality and different every night, with something to satisfy any kind of taste. There are also other bars restaurants if you feel like a change. We stayed in a Deluxe Villa, just a few steps from the white beach and cristal waters, where we had our own private sunbeds and a swing in the trees. What we liked is the very peaceful feeling you get when staying, if you are young and looking for evening entertainment it may be a little calm but there is always something goin on in the main bar after dinner.
You’ll fall in love with this place and the down side is you’ll be dreaming about it very often once you are back in your daily routine!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelloHannaBG
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Spent a fantastic 2 weeks with my Son on Reethi Beach during the school holidays this August. We stayed in one of the Water Villa's and absolutely loved it. I had been to Reethi Beach before, but this was the first time for my Son (15 years old). I'd already warned him that it might be full of honeymooning couples with few other teenagers around, but this wasn't the case and he soon made buddies with other teens visiting from all over Europe! In any case, we had plenty to do as the snorkelling is superb and we also joined the Sport Centre to get our daily dose of Squash, Badminton and Tennis, despite it being a little warmer in the Maldives than the usual chilly UK!!

The food in the Main Restaurant was superb with plenty to choose from every night - the chefs really do a fantastic job prepping and serving sumptous dishes - considering everything has to be imported they really pull all the stops out making something for everyone AND every nationality! Well done boys.

Our water villa was perfect and had everything we needed, although I should point out that as it only really has one HUGE double bed, we had to organise a sofa bed for my Son - worth remembering if you have either 2 people not sleeping in the same bed, or perhaps more than 2 staying in a water villa. It wasn't an issue and our super friendly room guy, Mohamed, had everything sorted in no time.

We got involved in a few Water activities during our stay and my Son really enjoyed hanging with the awesome crew down at Water World - Big up Milos who spent many any evening playing pool, table tennis and teaching the boys Chess! Jet-Skiing was a first for us, as was Kayaking but the holiday was topped by a Catamaran Fishing Trip and beach barbeque where we cooked up Bonito under the Palm Trees on Robinson Island. My son also managed to catch a 10KG YellowFin Tuna, on the handline, which was sooooo big, it nearly got away. It took our crew members' superhuman efforts of deep sea swimming to land his catch....what a fight!!!

We were at Reethi Beach on a Half Board basis as we just don't eat non-stop all day or need 3 meals a day, especially in the tropical climate! I am not a massive drinker, so was not looking to overdo it on cocktails and beers for a fortnight. I did think about All Inclusive, but I'm not sure it was for us really. However, as we were Half-Board, you do end up paying for ALL your drinks, coffee and addtional snacks (obviously)! It was quite a shock to see how a few beers and milk shakes / smoothies and a few lunchtime snacks soon turned into quite a large amount come check out time! (Drinks are not cheap by the way!!)

Anyhow, all in all, it was a superb holiday with my Son and one we will both remember for a long time. The acid test, I guess, is when you ask your teenager......"Would you like to go back one day?" and without hesitation say "YES PLEASE!!!"

Gossip on the street is that Reethi Beach is closing in it's current form by 2020, as apparently, new owners are sniffing around and want to turn it into a rich kids playground, probably soon to be swamped with champagne and caviar and executive boats pulling up to the jetty. Shame - the existing RB is moving ot another island, so let's hope the smiles, and the awesome staff and crew jump ship with them..........

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 18 September 2017

A lovely week on Reethi - the service was excellent, everyone was very friendly and helpful and the island is absolutely beautiful. We took full advantage of the scuba facilities and enjoyed eating at the buffet for breakfast and dinner. If we went again we would choose the bed and breakfast option and then could eat out at any of the 2 other restaurants and also the buffet as it suited us for what I think would not be a lot more cost.

Room tip: Pick room on the east side of island if u can as more sheltered.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

It's been 6 months since we visited Reethi and my opinion is still the same, hence the review.

Read the all inclusive notes carefully, unless you want to pay a big bill after paying for all inclusive you will be restricted to eating in the main restaurant, which is great if you like fish curry or salad.

Snorkelling equipment, put some more money aside for this, erm when all inclusive is not actually all inclusive at all

Should you happen to be on holiday during a significant anniversary please make sure to take your marriage certificate, that way you may be able to take up the offer of the sunset dinner. I'm over it now, it was probably fish curry anyway :)

Take your own milk if you want a cup of tea in your room in the morning. Apparently coffee mate is great in tea, the more you request milk, the more coffee mate you get, alternatively you could always buy milk at the bar - oh another cost.

Our first trip to the Maldives was fantastic, I was truly blown away. Sadly our second trip was to Reethi, oh well back to the Caribbean for us every time.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank 751janetl
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing time lovely staff relaxing views are amazing food cooked fresh by the best chief s ever lucky me been three times would highly recommend even had my honeymoon there was spoilt so much been there with fried then went on my own so nice to chill in the best surroundings x

Date of stay: September 2017