“A refugio to recharge”
other travellers have booked this property
Solar heated pool with amazing sea views
Chill out salon Pool to main lounge
Check Availability
Pool to main lounge
Spacious lounge
Light and airy kitchen
Kitchen and breakfast bar
Kingsize bedroom by the pool
Master bedroom
Master bedroom suite
Shower / wet room
Entrance to Casa Volcan
Pool by night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ronindo1
Berlin, Germany
“A refugio to recharge”
Reviewed 6 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I was looking for a place where I could retreat for a whole month. Regenerating, contemplating, being creative. I found it with Casa Volcan. Since I was mainly on my own there, I didn't make use of all the beautiful rooms, but totally enjoyed the masterbedroom with the stunning view of the ocean and mountains, watching the sunrise right out of bed. I loved the different outside places to sit and read or sunbath. it didn't matter from where the wind blew there was always some nice spot to sit outside even when it was quite stormy. I loved the pool area. the closeness to the beach and sweet Arrieta. this area of the island is really quiet and Tabayesco the little village the casa is located very laid back. so if you are looking for quietness, beautiful nature surrounding you, a spacious and bright house. Casa Volcan is your choice. I could be a littel bit more cosy especially if you travel in wintertime. there is no heating and the evenings could be cold. the tile floors could use some carpets at the area of the sofa in the living room to make it more cosy, but if you are there in summertime I guess it's not problem. There is also no dining table inside the house. it's outside. so keep that in mind if you travel in winter. Michelle, Josh and Tila are really easy going and very kind and open. Service is definitely on their program. The whole stuff is very nice and helpful as well. despite being cold at times (due to the weather in missing heater) I totally enjoyed my month there. and will come back.

25 May 2018
Thank you so much for your review of Casa Volcan. The Villa is beautiful and vast and you are so right the views are stunning down to the coast and the village of Arrieta.
We have had an excessively cold winter as has most of Europe. We have added sheepskin rugs to the floors and although there is no heating, we rarely need any, we can provide heaters if needed. There is a breakfast bar for dining or we can bring the outside dining table and chairs inside as there is plenty of room.
We are so pleased that you returned home restored and wonderfully relaxed.
We do hope you return for another holiday and hopefully the weather will be kinder and more like our usual temperatures and weather for you.
Edelfol
Kinsale
“My all time favourite villa!!!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

This is my second visit to this spectacular villa and it most certainly won't be my last! Casa Volcan is simply fabulous in every single way and if I'm honest the pictures fail to capture how spectacular it is.
I rarely return to the same location twice but this stunning villa has captured my heart and provides the most stress free and memorable holiday ever while still maintaining the luxury of a five star hotel. You are picked up from the airport and handed a chilled glass of cava or water and driven to your villa. It's such a lovely touch and a great way to start your holiday. Casa Volcan is beautifully arranged to allow for huge space to be able to get some quiet reading time , plenty areas to sunbathe and also wonderful space to eat as a family or hold table tennis matches which was a favourite of ours! Tila, Michelle and everyone at Lanzarote Retreats know exactly how to impress their guests and their customer care is the best I have experienced.
On this trip we were taken such good care of by Josh and I have to say a huge thank you to you. You are an absaloute gentleman and your hospitability was outstanding.
I know one review mentions the lack of air conditioning. I can safely say Casa Volcan is so vast with an inner garden in the centre of two buildings and each sliding door can be left open a fraction at night and they have a safe lock and a fly guard installed so that you can feel the beautiful breeze from the sea as you drift off. Magical!!! There was also huge fans available in a lot of the rooms if needed but being on an elevated site overlooking the ocean allowed for a continuous breeze throughout the villa.
The hybrid car is great and allows you to explore the island and find some magical places that one never gets to see if you stay in the more tourist areas. We went up the winding mountain roads, visited all the nearby villages and swam in the most spectacular lagoon which was only a ten minute drive from the villa. My children were in the pool for most of the day but also enjoyed the surf school at the nearby beach. Local eateries are very reasonable here and the local garage has a large supply of everything you may need ( from fresh bread rolls to Kerry Gold butter). However there is a lovely welcome pack in the villa and you can order in food for the BBQ or pre cooked meals and salads. If I'm honest all you really need when you come to this villa is your toothbrush and swimming gear.
I cannot say enough about how magical this villa is and I am dreaming about our next visit already.

29 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing feedback and share your thoughts about Casa Volcan for future guests. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed once again the villa and its surroundings. I will personally make sure Josh reads your review! We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!
nige1966
Preston, United Kingdom
“Nice Villa but could be MUCH improved upon”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Villa Casa Volcan in August 2017 for ten nights. for my friends 30th birthday.In all there were 10 adults and 2 children ( age 11 )
The villa is in a really quiet location but yet only 20 - 30 minutes walk to the beach and to the town of Arietta which is a lovely town with a few restaurants and shops.
The first impressions of the villa is wow, its amazing but the longer we stayed the more complaints ( or improvements )we all had.
Firstly there are not enough double beds in the villa, tow of the rooms had single beds which you had to push together, one one these though had wooden surrounds around the bed so really could not be pushed together and made comfy at all.
There was NO air conditioning throughout the villa which in August and touching 40 degrees was not good at all and was almost impossible to sleep at night.
There were some fans in the bedrooms but not in all of the bedrooms?
Two of the bedrooms had no wardrobes or any hanging space for clothes and only had a set of draws which is not really ideal when you have a suitcase full of clothing to put away.
The pool area is lovely but with only 4 sunbeds between 12 people is not ideal.
There really needs to be more sunbeds around a pool area so there is a little more comfort. We did request more whilst there but only got another 2!
The BBQ is far too small for the amount of people that where at the villa and was actually smaller than the one I have at home. There is plenty of space to build a huge BBQ and make this eating area allot more family friendly.
There needs to be an extractor fan in the kitchen as there are no fans and the window does not open , not great in the heat of the day when cooking up some lunch.
There is 1 bedroom by the end of the pool, not wardrobe either in here and no air -con. There is also a great gap in the trap doorway which lets in the cockroaches and moths at night.
The master bedroom was probably thee nicest room with an amazing roof top terrace but unfortunately this again did not have any sunbeds at all and only had 1 day bed for 2 people. A hot tub on here would be amazing as would a table and chairs to enjoy breakfast on.

air-con, air-con,air-con!!!
please install this if nothing else - or even buy some really large fans!

All this said, we had an amazing time at the villa but that was more due to the people there and not the villa itself.
Would I go again, NO ..... Would I tell someone not to go, NO.
I would however go back to Arietta but in another villa/apartment closer to the town/beach which I really like and was not at all touristy.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Sep 2017
Firstly thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and the 4 star rating. I really appreciate this, as we can only maintain the high standards of all our properties and services by continually listening to our customers requirements. We continue to act on any requests made by our guests while on holiday immediately, this is our company policy.

All points raised have been noted and I will personally make sure where possible the are actioned.

A build in BBQ is a good idea, I chose the Webber BBQ due to it being the very best quality and one of their larger designs in their range. I also felt it being mobile was useful as it can be moved giving guests the choice to dine / cook in to the front garden as well as the back garden as we have seating in both areas.

Other issues would have been addressed straight away if we had known, such as single beds (these are listed correctly and in detail on the web page), extra wardrobes and extra / larger fans, as we have these available in stock. Lanzarote Retreats has staff available 7 days a week so just a text / call to us, then these would have been organised. For example when you requested extra sun beds we delivered these to you. We were not made aware more were needed, we also have the sun area and double sun bed on the roof terrace. Lanzarote Retreats prides itself on service which is why we personally meet you at the airport and drive you to your villa whilst you enjoy a glass of chilled cava, I also have a full time maintenance team at hand to keep standards high in our 30 different accommodations.

I chose not to add an extractor fan to this kitchen due to it having a good year round climate so its standard practice to have windows / doors open to let through the sea breeze (there are 3 external doors to the kitchen area).

Air conditioning is not at all common in Lanzarote due to the island having a cool Atlantic breeze, as the villa has large patio doors and plenty of ventilation throughout, this has not been necessary in the past. If you had specifically requested an air condition unit, this could have been arranged as I know there are mobile unit options.

I'm pleased you got as you say the “Wow" factor when arriving to Casa Volcan this is important to us and great to hear the 10 adults and 2 children did enjoy their holiday and that 30th year birthday celebrations were a success.

If you are looking for something for next year in the village of Arrieta please take a moment to look at Eco Fishermans Cottage which is directly on the sea front ideal for one couple. Alternatively for a larger group we offer in the neighbouring fishing village of Punta Mujeres, Driftwood and Pebbles both with kingsize double bed room and twin bed room, these have an amazing thatched daybed on the roof looking directly over the sea / pebble beach.

Many Thanks,
Tila Braddock
Founder of Lanzarote Retreats
TAmemberE...
England
“Out of this world”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We found this place after staying at the nearby finca de arrieta and decided next year we must come back with family and friends and rent this amazing villa. We have just returned from our trip and we were not disappointed. We were a group of three different families but the place is large enough no one feels on top of each other. In the evenings there is a lovely space for everyone to eat together. The pool is amazing and the boys loved the man cave - we thought we might have to leave them behind. It is a nice walk down to the beach and we had a few meals at the local restaurant sitting watching the waves as the sun sets. A great find was the camper van along the way which serves up fantastic mojitos to a groovy beat. We will be back

4 May 2017
Thank you very much for your feedback! It sounds like you had a great stay at Casa Volcan. We are very happy to be part of your holiday memories and we would love to welcome you back soon!
infoO5458...
Arrieta, Spain
“A beautifull house in a nice environment. The view is great!”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Nearby is the sea with a great fish restaurant. and nice places to go to. whole Lanzarote is beautifull. From the north to the south , the east and west. The volcano, the villages, the sea. Lots of different landscapes!!! The people are very kind and the food is fine. The prices are good.

16 Mar 2017
Thanks for your feedback. Casa Volcan is indeed situated in a beautiful area on the North of Lanzarote, where the landscapes are magical. We are glad you enjoyed your holiday and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Lanzarote.
Edelfol
Kinsale
“Truly amazing in every way!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I have just returned from staying at Casa Volcan for ten days and I was so impressed I have already booked for next year.
This is truly an amazing and luxurious villa that deserves far more than five stars!!!Tila,Michelle, their beautiful family and the whole team at Lanzarote Retreats look after your every need from the time they pick you up at the airport , pour you a very welcomed glass of cava, drop you to the villa and come back to collect you when it's time to fly home.
The villa has so much space, an abundance of rooms and all the rooms are decorated to a very high standard with beautiful furniture and art pieces. It is very well maintained and the modern kitchen is very well equipped . On arrival you get a welcome pack including milk, tea, coffee, crisps and a chilled bottle of cava .They also offer in house dining which was a great option the first night we arrived. It was lovely to open the fridge to find a roast chicken , a variety of salads and a luxurious breakfast for the next morning already in situ.
This villa is perfect for a family or even a few families and the team at Lanzarote Retreats have thought of everything to ensure you enjoy every moment of your holiday. I travelled with my two children and my parents and we all thought this was the most amazing villa we have ever stayed in. It is quite difficult to put into words how perfect it is - the amazing decor, the views, the space, the rustic and quiet surroundings, the lounging areas, the barbecue area, the pool, the roof terrace, the beach close by, the local surf school, the hybrid car which comes with the villa, the authenticity of the locality which allows one to experience the 'true Lanzarote', the adventures to be had both by foot and by road, the cool breeze ,glorious sunshine and outstanding restaurants .
I cannot tell you how delighted I am to have found this outstanding villa and have not stopped telling all my friends. My only concern is that it is so perfect this gem of a property will definitely become very , very popular. Thank you and we are very much looking forward to our return visit next Summer.

30 Aug 2016
Your review left us speechless! Huge thank you for your lovely words. We are delighted to know that you had an unforgettable stay and you could enjoy the true Lanzarote with your family. See you again next summer!
Sam H
Derby, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The most spectacular thing about Casa Volcan was the views over the Northern part of the Island and Arrieta (the local village/town). The peace and quite in the evenings was lovely and I'm sure most of the noise came from our family.
On arrival we were greeted by Josh who made us feel very welcome with a glass of Cava for our journey to the villa which made us feel very spoilt.
The villa is perfect for large groups as there is plenty of space inside and out. My 3 boys aged 3 and 10 absolutely loved all the different levels and thought it was the best place to play hide and seek. The Villa is tiled throughout and has a few stairs leading from room to room so wouldn't recommend it for families with toddlers or babies just learning to walk.
Casa Volcan is a unique villa which has been developed to a very high standard, each room was clean and well presented especially the master bedroom, this was fantastic.
The Island of Lanzarote is only small so using the hire car provided by Lanzarote Retreats we were able to explore the rest of the island very easily, making the most of our 1 week stay.
Finally I would like to say a special thank you to the team for helping me with my sons accident it was a very worrying time for us. Unfortunately I didn't get the Spanish gentleman's name who went out of his way to take us to hospital so please pass on our thanks, we were so grateful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and open space
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 May 2016
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, we deeply appreciate it. We are very pleased to know that you and your family loved Casa Volcan so much and it's great that you took advantage of the hybrid car and managed to explore Lanzarote. Also, thank you so much for the lovely words to our staff, we all hope your son feels better and that he already wishes to go back to the island. It was very nice meeting you and your family and we look forward to welcome you back soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;