Trillium Resort and Spa
Crews on INN(Huntsville)
Huntsville Inn(Huntsville)
Rainbow Inn(Huntsville)
View Hotel
All reviewstrillium resortpost and beamthe main lodgehot tubbreakfast and dinnerget awaythe cottagescocktail hourwinter weddingwedding partysnow covered treessmall appliancescabin doordeck overlooking the lakewedding giftsmall lakespring summer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

In June, 41 classmates gathered at Trillium for a 40 year reunion. it was a weekend of fun and laughter with reconnections and "new" friendships being forged. Robert and staff were very accommodating and the event was highly successful. The resort's many amenities (spa, pool, kayaks, beach) were well used by all. The lodge is a beautiful representation of Muskoka life and the accommodations were perfect (the towels being the softest and most absorbent that I have experienced!) Many thanks to Robert and staff for arranging meals, making a bonfire and "taking care" of us. By a unanimous vote, we will be returning to Trillium for our next reunion in 5 years!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Robert H, Innkeeper at Trillium Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear 52traveltheworld
When you approached me four years ago regarding your nurses reunion I thought it may be a little early. Well the time went by and it was great working with you to ensure everyone from all over was well looked after and enjoyed themselves. It was nice to see everyone reunite. The weekend had a great atmosphere and we are happy to be hosting your next reunion as well.
Thank You for your comments.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My boyfreind and I stayed for 2 nights at Trillium resort June 2014. We chose to upgrade to a lake view chalet. The chalets are beautiful, we were in #6 as it is pet freindly, very secluded with deck overlooking the lake through the trees, kitchenette with microwave and small bar fridge, one bedroom queen size bed off the living room, and one bedroom upstairs in the open loft with queen size bed. As this is advertised as an adults only resort I was disappointed not to find a king size bed in either bed room, but the chalet was clean with fresh linens and plently of towels. Bathroom was basic with shower/tub combo and while very clean it could use some cosmetic changes. The weather called for rain which is why we decided to upgrade to the chalet. As mentioned in previous reviews the chalets are located at the top of a very steep hill that isnt accessible by car. I took this with a grain of salt until I arrived and climed up the very steep slippery gravel hill pulling a wagon piled with all my belongings while being attacked by mosquitos....not the best start to our trip. Bring lots of bug spray, this is prime season for bugs in northern ontario (and I am familiar with this), but it seemed worse then normal this year. I would have liked to see the front desk provide small containers of bug spray, sunscreen, toothpast, conditioner ect as the resort only provides soap and shampoo. It would be great if samples of shampoo/conditioner/hand soap/body lotion used in the spa were available in the chalet. The mosquitos and biting flies explained the lack of people outside at the lake/pool/walking trails. The hill would prevent me from booking a chalet again, as it was steep and slippery. The chalet was lovely with leather furniture and all amenities needed for pets - bowls, a bed and clean up bags. This was appreciated by our two little dogs. The main lodge is huge, with a well appointed lounge area, bar and dining room overlooking the lake. The lake is a bit mucky on the bottom but clear water that is easy to get into from the small sandy beach area. I especially appreciated the beds on the beach as well as the expected sun loungers and chairs. I understand there is good fishing in the lake. If the mucky bottom turns you off there is also a huge pool and hot tub area that we enjoyed. Breakfast was included and was just ok, the waitress was nice but got my order wrong one morning, and I found a hair under my egg on the second go. She was obviously horrified and corrected the problem with fresh food. The eggs/toast/bacon/homefries were just ok, and the french toast was fine. Nothing spectacular that convinced us to try dinner at the main lodge. We did go to the spa which is a gorgeous facility with steam room downstairs and change rooms, super pedicure area and nicely decorated treatment rooms. The spa is beside the waterfall so my spa technician (who was a very kind, professional woman) opened the window to let the sound of the falling water in during my exfoliating treatment. It was very relaxing and left my skin soft and smooth. The only downfall seemed to be that the technician doing my boyfreinds pedicure was also the receptionist and kept interrupting his treatment to answer the door and make bookings.Although he had no complaints about the treatment, I did address this with the owner Robert. He was very receptive to my concerns and I feel confident the issue was dealt with apropriately. All staff seemed very freindly and professional...although when I finally reached the top of that damn gravel hill with the wagon while sweating and swatting mosquitos only to discover I wasnt given the chalet key....grrr! To be fair, of course I needed a key, and should have realized I wasnt given one. If we return to Trillium we would try to book a cottage with a king size bed at the bottom of the hill. I would also bring a cooler for drinks as we prefer to bring and prepare our own meals so require all the space in the bar fridge. It would be nice to have the use of a communal BBQ on the beach. The cottages are close together but the falling water cottage beside the spa would offer more privacy if wanted. This would be the perfect spot for a wedding, and we would consider returning for that purpose.

Room Tip: the hill to the chalets is difficult to navigate, but the chalets offer more privacy and space the falling water cottage seems to be the most private
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noisygirl

Dear noisygirl
Thank You for taking the time to write a review of you stay here at Trillium and for your comments. To address some of your concerns. The # 6 Chalet that you stayed in is our only pet friendly Chalet, we do offer 2 pet friendly cottages , with parking right in front and no hill. Number 6 is one of the most requested as it has the most privacy. We do offer a stand-alone cottage with a king size bed with all other beds being queen size. We do often have some extra amenities at the desk in case guests have forgotten. We do not have BBQ's as we are a full service resort. I have spoken to all kitchen and service staff regarding the importance of having their hair appropriately tied and pulled back. We do hope you will return and experience a different perspective with nicer weather and less bugs.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My hubby and I have been here twice and are returning again this summer. Accomodations are comfy, quaint and clean...spa is lovely....food is top-notch...service is excellent (thanks, Joanne)...scenery is beautiful...fishing (catch and release, of course) is so much fun. We just love this little gem of a hideaway.
Soooo looking forward to a fun and relaxing time again this year. I highly recommend this place to any adult couple/group looking to "get away".

Room Tip: We stay at the Maple Lodge, a little one bedroom cottage just steps away from the beach/reception hall.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TammieMac
We are happy to see that you will be joining us again in a couple weeks. There has been some great fishing this year and we are still hoping someone will catch the big one. We have recently purchased a paddleboard for our guest and hope you get the chance to enjoy it.
Thank You for your comments.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I just returned from a wonderful 4 days at my favourite spa! My friends and I have been going to Trillium every year for 13 years and we love it! The resort is fantastic and the owners and employees always do their best to make sure we have a fantastic time! Thanks again Trillium,
See you next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Robert H, Innkeeper at Trillium Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear shirel p
It really is great having you all back year after year. We appreciate your business and comments. Thank you for taking the time to write a review . We will look forward to your July visit.
See you then

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Myself and my 3 girlfriends have been going to Trillium for the last 7 years and it just keeps getting better. All of the staff are friendly and very accommodating. Robert & Stephanie are constantly making improvements to ensure the stay is more enjoyable. Chef Joe handles our 'special requests' with a smile and everything is always delicious! Our daily spa treatments are wonderful (Thanks Katie!) A stress-free, relaxing time with lots of laughs and beautiful surroundings. We are already book for next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Fonda B
Thank You for your great comments. It was great having you back, we all look forward to your yearly girls visit. All the staff are very happy to accommodate you, and we were happy to receive your feedback and comments upon check out. Have a great summer and see you next year.