“Wonderful theatre”

The Park & Dare Theatre
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Treorchy
Reviewed 17 November 2013

It is so good to see old theatres that are still thriving and well maintained. I have to travel for about an hour to get there, which I do a few times a year. The theatre is host to a wide variety of shows amd well worth keeping an eye on to see whether there is someting of interest.
This would have been a 5* review but I have one complaint - Another reviewer (Richard T) said that there was plenty of leg room for his 6'3". I am just 6' and found that most of the seats in the circle (I have never sat in the stalls so can't comment) do NOT provide sufficient legroom, they are even closer together than the worst seats in an aircraft. In the circle row A 20-31 have plenty of space as does row F 20-31. I sat in A35 and I was not comfortable, neither was my wife or the people sitting next to us (who actually complained) During the interval we moved seat to the very back row K18 and 19 and whilst the view was not so good at least there was only the aisle in front of us.
I have usually been fortunate to book seats with good legroom but unless I can get the seats mentioned above then I will probably not book the Park & Dare again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I went to a convivial evening in the Park & Dare bar on 24th October. We were celebrating 100 years since the birth of Rhondda's greatest writer - Gwyn Thomas. An evening of wit and reminiscences. I parked quite easily, and freely, in the Library car park alongside the Park & Dare. The bracchi (Station cafe) opposite was the same and hardly changed since the 1950's. The Park & Dare is still an island of culture in the Rhondda valleys, and long may it continue.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We go to this fantastic little theatre as often as possible. Despite being an older venue, despite being 6ft 3in, there is plenty of leg room in all the seats I have used so far. The acoustics are good so the
Treorchy Male Voice choir are superb at the Parc & Dare, and most definetly not to be missed.
I have to say that on our last visit it was a bit warm, could this be the Council policy of heat going on regardless on the 1st of October ?