“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Demir Kapija B&B and Inns
Belgrade, null, Serbia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

One of the most beautiful places in Balkan :D About wine, You have to try every single wine but at the place, Cabernet Sauvignon Golden label is one of my favorite wine of all wines. Terrace and the view from the terrace is awesome... I do not know what else I can say except really really beautiful place :D

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marko_Rajkovic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent place to overnight, have a good meal, and drink some interesting wines. Rooms are clean but the electricity kept going out. Our room had a small balcony overlooking the town below. Beds are average.

We visited with friends and had a nice dinner with a wine tasting. The wines are very good and the waiter was very knowledgable about them. The next day the staff gave us a tour of the winery.

Nice hiking in the area too if you so inclined.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J M
Advance, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed the hiking in the area. The food was delicious as well as the wines, which were paired perfectly with our dinner. The room we had was a double. Being Americans, I prefer a king bed, rather than two twins pushed together. They do have these types of rooms which are larger, but being our first time, we didn't know. So if you want that be sure to book it and ask.The staff was friendly. They are expanding to more rooms and amenities. I look forward to coming back and seeing the growth.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The food is great, excellent deserts also. The perfect wine with the desert is the wine Muskat, my favorite one. It's a great place for a celebration, birthdays, engagements, baptisms. Perfect period to go of the year: May, June, July & September.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The receptionist was very rude when we booked in, we were told breakfast was at 7 and then when we asked what time it finished, she snapped 10. We asked about wine tasting and were told 'restaurant', my friend asked for the WiFi code and he was told he could get it in the restaurant. WiFi didn't work in our rooms.
The food was not great in the restaurant and as I'm vegetarian I asked what they could serve me. The waiter assured me he would bring several vegetarian dishes but when they arrived the rice had mince in it, the beans had salami and the vine leaves also had meat in them.
When we asked about wine tasting we were told we would have wine with the meal. In addition, the rose and white wines were not cooled to the correct temperature
We were really looking forward to our stay here and found the whole experience very dissapointing

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank ceri h
Popova K, Manager at Popova Kula, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear guest, thank you for choosing Popova Kula Winery for your visit and thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you didn't have a memorable stay in our winery.
I want to comment about vegetarian dishes. I assure you 100 % that the zucchini and the vine leafs are stuffed with rice and soy crumbles not minced meat, and tavce gravce how we called baked beans are 100 % vegetarian also, it is only beans, tomatoes on the top and herbs.
Popova Kula team.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I can only recommend this place! Super friendly staff, great food, beautiful location and very nice rooms with character. Wine tasting is also available but i didn't have time for it this time. Great view from the top- make sure you take a few snaps. Loved it and will be back for sure!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sanja M
Lahti
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I'll share the rewievs to other writers as well because some waiters did not speake english and then they could not tell us anything of the wine when having tasting. As well lack of enthustiasm is something which was little bit irritating. hotel is nice but there is actually nothing else to done than having dinner and their wine. Promised visit to their winery took about 5 minutes including showing of barrells etc. I would have been more interested in winemaking. F.ex when visiting Freixet close to Barcelona our tour was excellent. Tv did not work, receptiongirl promised to come and check, nothing happened. Winery does not produce real dessertwines.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Gevgelija
Hotel Feni
Hotel Feni
#3 of 4 in Kavadarci

Been to Popova Kula? Share your experiences!