V6 Ranch
US$422
US$412
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$163
Motel 6 Paso Robles(Paso Robles)
US$79
  • Pool
The Oaks Hotel & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$132
AscendHotels
Adelaide Inn(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$138
Best Western Plus Black Oak(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$134
Laura Lodge(Coalinga)
Royal Lodge(Coalinga)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This ranch is a must stop for budding cow boy/ girls traveling California.
Arriving at the cafe you are instantly welcomed as one of the family and treated to huge portions of ranch grown tucker.
Riding out on the ranch with a local guide and perfectly behaved horses is nothing but breath taking as you climb the ridges to explorer open vistas.
I wish I was staying longer
Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Bring some beers to sit out on the veranda and watch the sun go down
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

If you enjoy horses or just enjoy the outdoors I would highly recommend the V6 Ranch in Parkfield, CA. I spent 4 nights at the Parkfield Inn for a Muench Photo Workshop and our room was very nice. It had 2 queen beds - 1 downstairs and 1 upstairs in a loft. There was a large flat screen TV. Be advised there is limited cell service and no internet (unless you have cell service) in Parkfield. But that can be a very good thing if you are wanting to get away and take a break.

The Varian Family runs the Inn and the Cafe and the food and hospitality was first class. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what the options are for the different rooms. It would be best to call and ask Barb what she recommends for you. She won't steer you wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cpagility
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I just had the privilege of staying at the V6 ranch for a 3 day photography workshop. Our room was large and comfortable. The food was fairly basic but every meal was excellent and the warm, fresh out of the oven coffee cake they served up on the last morning was out of this world good.

I have traveled frequently and I have stayed at 5 star accommodations in the US, Europe and Africa but none of them match the comfort and friendliness that I experienced at the V6 ranch. The Varian family made sure that every member of our party had a great time.

If you are looking for something out of the ordinary that will provide an excellent experience and some wonderful memories the V6 Ranch is the place to visit. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Harry B
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I led a photography workshop for Muench Workshops at the V6 Ranch in November 2012. From the very first phone call with owners Barb and John Varian, months ahead of our workshop, I got the feeling that this was going to be a great experience. After months of planning, and then bringing 16 of my guests to the V6, I have to say that I was totally blown away. This place is beyond beautiful, and from the moment you arrive, you feel like you're in a different world. Horses, working dogs, and old beautiful buildings are what the eye first sees... and then you look beyond to the stunning fields, beautiful oak trees and rolling hills that surround.

We had 3 days and nights, and the Varian family and friends didn't disappoint us for one single second. Arranging unbelievable photo ops and more. Portrait sessions with real cowboys and cowgirls, dressed perfectly. Ranch dogs everywhere that were friendly and fun to be around! We worked on our photography morning, noon and night, and the entire family and ranch staff were always there to help us with whatever we needed.

The accommodations were excellent, the lodge has a huge gathering room, and a kitchen where early morning coffee and treats are served. Across from the lodge is the Parkfield Cafe, where Barb, Jose and Mercedes cooked up wonderful food for our large group each day.

I've been gone only a few hours and miss The V6 and the Varians, and the friends I made there, immensely.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank awmuenchworkshops
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I attended a photography workshop hosted at the V6 Ranch recently. The workshop focused on horses and the V6 was chosen as the host facility.

I've eaten at the Parkfield Cafe on many occasions but never stayed or had the pleasure of experiencing the ranch. John and Barbara run the ranch with the help of other members of the Varian family. Each of whom makes guests feel at home-no task seems too small or too difficult.

Accommodations are excellent and comfortable. The cafe (which is also owned by the family) serves up great meals. Each with a handmade touch.

The short version is that I plan on going back. Really, really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business