“Wonderful return holiday”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Wonderful return holiday”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second time back at the Atrium Prestige and we weren't disappointed. this hotel has been given 5 stars but in my opinion it is at least worth 6 stars. The wonderful setting of this glorious hotel the staff and atmosphere are by far amongst the best we have come across. The service is second to none and anything the staff do is done with a good heart and a wide smile. The rooms are just amazing,and extremely clean and spacious.
Having been fortunate to be able to travel abroad for 30+ years we have visited some amazing places this hotel come top of our list.
Breakfast is definately not too be missed.
All rooms have great to fantastic views and most have a lovely sea view.
A special thanks to all the staff but most of all Katerina the Operations Manager who devotes her time and energy to her guests, to ensure they have a pleasurable holiday.

Room Tip: the only thing I can say is the near the beach the further you have to walk to breakfast. All the r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your great review. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed once again your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you for a third time in the near future.

Atrium Hotels Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Without doubt the friendliest most accommodating staff you could hope for. Unfortunately our week was marred by numerous aspects of poor management, bad practice and inefficiency.

We booked a junior suite for our 7 nights stay as it offered a seating area in the room, ideal for a couple. Upon arrival at the truly stunning reception, we were informed we had been upgraded to a larger family suite. The reality however was a separate dark room with blanked out windows containing 2 bed settees that you walk through into the main bedroom - that no longer contained a seating area. Disappointed we thought we would live with the situation until it became obvious by the 2nd night the mattress on the bed was completely worn with broken springs. (rising at 2.30 a.m. the 1st night we would have slept anywhere).
Upon inspection, the mattress springs were not only broken but it had also been turned over with the padded mattress protector UNDER THE MATTRESS! See photo.

We went to reception and without argument we were offered either a junior suite (now available) or a superior suite. We took the latter. Again exceptional staff attitude.

The suite was very nice but so many minor but niggling issues - blown light bulbs, tv remote batteries flat, bathroom scales batteries flat, handprints on bathroom tiles from previous guests who lent on the wall when he had a "pee" not cleaned off all week. Towel exchange each day was random - 2 bath towels one day, 3 hand towels only the next! Some towels a bit grubby.
Housekeeping a bit sloppy - marble surface on suitcase stand dirty all week, surfaces in bathrooms not cleaned with toiletries moved etc.
Staff continually walked into the room during our stay - knocking and entering immediately - man for mini bar, cleaners and evening housekeeper all just walked straight in. They should knock and wait. One morning after breakfast we could not get housekeeping to leave whilst we got ready for the day and had to lift our feet as they mopped and cleaned around us, eventually escaping to the balcony - at any other hotel they would come back later.

Evening were difficult as energy lights too dim to read, Wi Fi signal too weak to stream and TV reception unwatchable apart from Russian and Greek channels.

Other minor aggravations included being left an invoice for mini bar usage when it was never touched. We were initially refused entry to breakfast on the final morning as we were not on their list - we were allowed in eventually somewhat embarrassed.

No single failing on their own was significant but there were so many stupid instances of bad management - this follows outside where flower beds are quite weedy (the ground staff we notice lazily just pull off the heads of the larger weeds instead of proper weeding). Passageway and stairwells had weeds, the chrome and mirrored lifts could do with a wipe and even the mini golf course looked as if it had seen better days. As with other reviews we thought the beach needed tidying too.
Too many instances of not "getting it right" which is a shame as the staff and public areas most definitely 5 star but alas until the management get out of their glitzy offices and expect what they inspect the running of the hotel is a poor 1 star arriving at a 3 star average.
Sorry would not return as stay too frustrating. We felt let down by Atrium Prestige and would recommend you look elsewhere until service matches attitude.

Room Tip: Hotel is 26 kilometres from Lindos and 70 kilometres from Rhodes town. It literally is in the middle...
3 Thank colvic37
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel. I hardly know where to begin to review it. From the moment we arrived all the staff without exception were wonderful I have never stayed in a hotel and had such excellent service from the staff and I have stayed in many hotels abroad. Our room was lovely we could not fault it. Our bed was changed every day . An earlier review mentioned the bedding was not five star ! Well sheets were crisp white cotton no gold thread if you are looking for that prepare to be disappointed. Towels old and not five star quality the earlier reviewer said.. Our towels were new and left us all fluffy after we used them. I dare say this person would have been dissatisfied with this too. As for the bed it was very comfortable which is important when you go away in need of a rest.
If you stay at this hotel you must be prepared for a very long transfer time . That was the down side for us it took hours . If you book with the hotel direct a car will pick you up from the airport. This is what we intend to do next time. This hotel is out on a limb you must be prepared for this when you book. Normally I would not like to be so far from everything but here I found I was happy not to leave the hotel or the beach. It's easy enough to hire a car from the hotel anyway.
Now for the food we were happy with the choice of food, it would be difficult not to find something to suit most tastes. If you had any special requests Nikos the restaurant manager would certainly go the extra mile to accommodate you. I can't praise him highly enough and all the restaurant staff were exceptional .
Just to walk around the grounds of this place is a delight the walkways are awash with flowers.
The many pool areas are beautiful to see and lovely to swim in. I could go on but some reviews can be over long so I will just add this hotel is deserving of its 5 stars..
Thank you can't wait to come back. Nigel and Jean x

2 Thank JeanEllen2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments. It is our on-going objective to rise above guest satisfaction and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will visit again soon.

Chepstow, Wales
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week. Not normally our sort of holiday but was very relaxing.

The main highlight was the service. I am pregnant and I had emailed in advance asking for some extra pillows which were readily supplied. Rooms were spotless. The buffet food in the restaurant was very good on the whole (except the Asian night which was fairly dreadful). On seeing my bump the chef took it upon himself to tell me which foods I could/couldn't eat. Nikos the maitre d' was incredibly friendly and helpful (even letting my husband bring some food to our room one night when I'd hurt my back). Almost all of the restaurant staff, pool bar staff etc were SO friendly and the service was excellent. Reception staff were also great.

My only small gripe was that there were lots of people smoking in the outdoor areas of the restaurants and this was seemingly widely acceptable (this hotel seems to attract lots of different European nationalities, not just Brits). I wouldn't have liked the smoking in the restaurants even if I wasn't pregnant! A smoking area or making the restaurants non-smoking would be better in my opinion.

Location was a bit out of the way (took more than 2 hours on coach from airport - would have been a hit quicker direct). Luckily we had been to Rhodes before and seen the sights but this wouldn't be the best base if you wanted to explore the island.

Overall lovely hotel and an enjoyable relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad that you enjoyed and were satisfied with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your new family back again soon.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A week away booked through Secret Escapes. The position of the hotel is fabulous… sea views with good beaches and walks on the doorstep. I cannot fault the staff and service at the hotel. There are a few important factors that future holidaymakers must be aware of though.

Transfer to and from hotel - 2.5 hours. It seems that the coach stops at every other hotel on the island en route.

Food - distinctly average. Themed food nights were not good and it is a shame greek food was scarce. Breakfast was excellent.

Ambiance in restaurant - bright lights do not make for an intimate atmosphere.

Entertainment - Poor on every night.

Both pools were really too cold for a decent dip.

The Spa looks great - pool is good but the other facilities (sauna and steam were not on when we went in). We did not have any treatments so I cannot rate these.

The room was nice although our TV worked intermittently. I am sure this would have been addressed if we had asked.

My advice to anyone going to Atrium Prestige is to book a hire car - an absolute must given the isolated location of the hotel. Explore Lindos for good food and a slice of authentic Rhodes.

This hotel is undoubtedly a great place to go if you just want to sit and unwind in the sunshine however if you want anything more, such as good food, atmosphere and a taste of Greek life then you may well be disappointed.

As much as we had a good week away I would struggle to recommend this hotel fully. I felt compelled to write a review as I am stunned by the glowing reviews. The hotel is good but not five star and if I knew booking what I know now we would have decided to elsewhere.

5 Thank xKMTx
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My partner and I have recently returned from a week’s holiday at the Atrium Prestige, Rhodes. We went with friends who had been before and were keen to return.

The hotel is architecturally grand, boasting a myriad of pools and and water features, well kept beautiful gardens, a spa, a private beach and a choice of restaurants. Our sea view room was spacious, the bathroom quite luxurious, the air conditioning effective and quiet, and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. The only thing lacking was a full length mirror !

The pool areas were quiet, with plenty of sunbeds; in fact, despite the hotel being 80% full, nowhere was at all crowded.

Having booked half board, breakfast and dinner were served in the main restaurant. Nikos, the head waiter, greeted everyone personally and Nikos, the head chef, was always on hand to listen to comments about the food, and to cook something special, if required. All of the staff were attentive, and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

Breakfast was a large and varied buffet and, personally, I was more than happy with the good quality Greek yogurt, fruit and honey, topped with crushed walnuts and a few dried figs. My partner, however, prefers a cooked breakfast on holiday, and was disappointed that the food was generally cold, the eggs were runny, and the bacon was soggy.

Dinner was also buffet style, with the option of a freshly cooked main course, and the food was really very good.

This was not our normal type of holiday; we generally prefer smaller hotels or villas with access to good, authentic eating places, or, even better still we like to travel, waking up to a different view and experiencing a different place every day or two. However, we had a perfectly enjoyable week at the Atrium Prestige and would unreservedly recommend it to anyone looking for sun, good food, fabulous staff and a peaceful break away from it all.

Kath and Barry

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for such a unique review, we are always happy to receive such great comments. It’s very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and it will be a pleasure to accommodate you again next year or sometime soon.

Switzerland
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We just came back from a week holiday in Rhodes. This is our first trip to Rhodes, and to Greece. I chose this hotel due to the look from internet and the price they offered. We took the bed and breakfast option, including return transfer from the airport and one time spa entrance.

It took around one hour from the airport to reach the hotel by taxi (sent by hotel), driver was waiting for us with our name, perfect.
Our room is facing the sea, in front of the small pool with a chapel. The room is spacious, king bed, bathroom has a bath tub and a shower and two sinks. Room is cleaned every morning, with turndown service in the evening.
Hotel has two swimming pools, big one in front of (below) the main restaurant, and small one with the chapel in the middle.
It has 4 restaurants : main restaurant (Aegean), pool restaurant below the main restaurant, Thalassa (a la carte) and Asian restaurant. Breakfast is in main restaurant, buffet style, wide range of choices with breathtaking view over the sea. I would say the choice of food is completely ok for us. The main restaurant also offers themed buffet in the evening for dinner, you choose the main course which is served, appetizers and desserts are buffet. We dined there 2 times; Greek and Fish themes. Both occasions were good, especially the Greek one. Our favorite is Thalassa, it is sea front, quite romantic :-). Food is Greek, grilled and Italian, very delicious. We had dinner one time in the Asian restaurant, I think this is the weakness of the hotel, I only like the dessert (fried banana with chocolate sauce).
Almost everyday we went to the beach (we only missed one day when we went to Rhodes and Lindos). The beach is not white and sandy, it is rather stony, but therefore the water is clear and perfect for swimming and snorkeling. And it is a private beach.
We tried the spa due to the free one time entrance voucher, it was great, I like the warm sea water pool with bubbles and the hammam. We liked it so much that we came back for the second time, this time we were charged 12 euro per person for one day use, which is quite reasonable.
The hotel staff are great. They are definitely the greatest assets of the hotel. From the receptionists, bell boy, housekeeper, beach and restaurants staff, all are very friendly without being intrusive.
The hotel is very secluded, it is the only hotel in this location. If you need to go around you need to rent a car (Marathon rent a car is next to the reception, they have reasonable price). There is a public bus going to Rhodes and Lindos, one time per day only at 08.45 in the morning and back in the evening. But I think car is much more flexible.

We love our holiday in Atrium Prestige Rhodes. It gives us a memorable holiday impression.

1 Thank Nasikuning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lachania
Atrium Platinum Hotel
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Amathus Elite Suites
Amathus Elite Suites
#3 of 127 in Rhodes Town

Been to Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!