Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
2,110 results
All reviewsoperations managerprivate poolmain restaurantkaterina mitsiniotipool barasian restaurantsea viewspecial thanksrestaurant managerbeautiful hotelhalf boardjacuzzi baththalassa restaurantlobster nighta la carte restaurantsprivate transferrelaxing holiday
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A fabulous hotel - immaculate. The location is superb - if you want a complete break from the rat race. It is isolated in the south of the island but for a totally relaxing holiday it is great. The staff were lovely - just as you would expect from the lovely Greeks - always smiling and helpful. Would highly recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: You must ask for a sea view ( which I think most of them have)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dinky629
AtriumHotels, Manager at Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We shall look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second time back at the Atrium Prestige and we weren't disappointed. this hotel has been given 5 stars but in my opinion it is at least worth 6 stars. The wonderful setting of this glorious hotel the staff and atmosphere are by far amongst the best we have come across. The service is second to none and anything the staff do is done with a good heart and a wide smile. The rooms are just amazing,and extremely clean and spacious.
Having been fortunate to be able to travel abroad for 30+ years we have visited some amazing places this hotel come top of our list.
Breakfast is definately not too be missed.
All rooms have great to fantastic views and most have a lovely sea view.
A special thanks to all the staff but most of all Katerina the Operations Manager who devotes her time and energy to her guests, to ensure they have a pleasurable holiday.

Room Tip: the only thing I can say is the near the beach the further you have to walk to breakfast. All the rooms are planned out in a typical Greek village style, I couldn't say any one is better than the next.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your great review. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed once again your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you for a third time in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Without doubt the friendliest most accommodating staff you could hope for. Unfortunately our week was marred by numerous aspects of poor management, bad practice and inefficiency.

We booked a junior suite for our 7 nights stay as it offered a seating area in the room, ideal for a couple. Upon arrival at the truly stunning reception, we were informed we had been upgraded to a larger family suite. The reality however was a separate dark room with blanked out windows containing 2 bed settees that you walk through into the main bedroom - that no longer contained a seating area. Disappointed we thought we would live with the situation until it became obvious by the 2nd night the mattress on the bed was completely worn with broken springs. (rising at 2.30 a.m. the 1st night we would have slept anywhere).
Upon inspection, the mattress springs were not only broken but it had also been turned over with the padded mattress protector UNDER THE MATTRESS! See photo.

We went to reception and without argument we were offered either a junior suite (now available) or a superior suite. We took the latter. Again exceptional staff attitude.

The suite was very nice but so many minor but niggling issues - blown light bulbs, tv remote batteries flat, bathroom scales batteries flat, handprints on bathroom tiles from previous guests who lent on the wall when he had a "pee" not cleaned off all week. Towel exchange each day was random - 2 bath towels one day, 3 hand towels only the next! Some towels a bit grubby.
Housekeeping a bit sloppy - marble surface on suitcase stand dirty all week, surfaces in bathrooms not cleaned with toiletries moved etc.
Staff continually walked into the room during our stay - knocking and entering immediately - man for mini bar, cleaners and evening housekeeper all just walked straight in. They should knock and wait. One morning after breakfast we could not get housekeeping to leave whilst we got ready for the day and had to lift our feet as they mopped and cleaned around us, eventually escaping to the balcony - at any other hotel they would come back later.

Evening were difficult as energy lights too dim to read, Wi Fi signal too weak to stream and TV reception unwatchable apart from Russian and Greek channels.

Other minor aggravations included being left an invoice for mini bar usage when it was never touched. We were initially refused entry to breakfast on the final morning as we were not on their list - we were allowed in eventually somewhat embarrassed.

No single failing on their own was significant but there were so many stupid instances of bad management - this follows outside where flower beds are quite weedy (the ground staff we notice lazily just pull off the heads of the larger weeds instead of proper weeding). Passageway and stairwells had weeds, the chrome and mirrored lifts could do with a wipe and even the mini golf course looked as if it had seen better days. As with other reviews we thought the beach needed tidying too.
Too many instances of not "getting it right" which is a shame as the staff and public areas most definitely 5 star but alas until the management get out of their glitzy offices and expect what they inspect the running of the hotel is a poor 1 star arriving at a 3 star average.
Sorry would not return as stay too frustrating. We felt let down by Atrium Prestige and would recommend you look elsewhere until service matches attitude.

Room Tip: Hotel is 26 kilometres from Lindos and 70 kilometres from Rhodes town. It literally is in the middle of nowhere. That said the countryside is far more natural and unspoilt but you must have a car and be prepared to drive if you want days out. Car from airport worked well as roads are OK and easy to drive on.
3  Thank colvic37
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel. I hardly know where to begin to review it. From the moment we arrived all the staff without exception were wonderful I have never stayed in a hotel and had such excellent service from the staff and I have stayed in many hotels abroad. Our room was lovely we could not fault it. Our bed was changed every day . An earlier review mentioned the bedding was not five star ! Well sheets were crisp white cotton no gold thread if you are looking for that prepare to be disappointed. Towels old and not five star quality the earlier reviewer said.. Our towels were new and left us all fluffy after we used them. I dare say this person would have been dissatisfied with this too. As for the bed it was very comfortable which is important when you go away in need of a rest.
If you stay at this hotel you must be prepared for a very long transfer time . That was the down side for us it took hours . If you book with the hotel direct a car will pick you up from the airport. This is what we intend to do next time. This hotel is out on a limb you must be prepared for this when you book. Normally I would not like to be so far from everything but here I found I was happy not to leave the hotel or the beach. It's easy enough to hire a car from the hotel anyway.
Now for the food we were happy with the choice of food, it would be difficult not to find something to suit most tastes. If you had any special requests Nikos the restaurant manager would certainly go the extra mile to accommodate you. I can't praise him highly enough and all the restaurant staff were exceptional .
Just to walk around the grounds of this place is a delight the walkways are awash with flowers.
The many pool areas are beautiful to see and lovely to swim in. I could go on but some reviews can be over long so I will just add this hotel is deserving of its 5 stars..
Thank you can't wait to come back. Nigel and Jean x

2  Thank JeanEllen2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments. It is our on-going objective to rise above guest satisfaction and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week. Not normally our sort of holiday but was very relaxing.

The main highlight was the service. I am pregnant and I had emailed in advance asking for some extra pillows which were readily supplied. Rooms were spotless. The buffet food in the restaurant was very good on the whole (except the Asian night which was fairly dreadful). On seeing my bump the chef took it upon himself to tell me which foods I could/couldn't eat. Nikos the maitre d' was incredibly friendly and helpful (even letting my husband bring some food to our room one night when I'd hurt my back). Almost all of the restaurant staff, pool bar staff etc were SO friendly and the service was excellent. Reception staff were also great.

My only small gripe was that there were lots of people smoking in the outdoor areas of the restaurants and this was seemingly widely acceptable (this hotel seems to attract lots of different European nationalities, not just Brits). I wouldn't have liked the smoking in the restaurants even if I wasn't pregnant! A smoking area or making the restaurants non-smoking would be better in my opinion.

Location was a bit out of the way (took more than 2 hours on coach from airport - would have been a hit quicker direct). Luckily we had been to Rhodes before and seen the sights but this wouldn't be the best base if you wanted to explore the island.

Overall lovely hotel and an enjoyable relaxing stay.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad that you enjoyed and were satisfied with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your new family back again soon.