Swan Hill House
US$201
Hotel Elizabeth(Sidmouth)
US$226
US$189
All reviewssimon and libbyfudgehome madebiscuitson arrivalfresh milkcakedaily specialsmini fridgeperfect hoststake homegranolalittle toucheseggs benedictdelicious homeapple juiceattention to detail
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Following a grotty journey from Sussex, and a wet and very muddy trip to River Cottage, what a joy it was to be welcomed so warmly by Simon and Libby. After showing us our room - very nice indeed, we were treated to delicious home made carrot cake and plenty of tea, (just what the doctor ordered).
Our room was very comfortable, with a lovely selection of hot and cold drinks, as well as home made cookies.
Breakfast was very tasty, a good choice of cereals (including my husbands favourite - home made granola - Simon gave me the recipe - first batch now ready for comparing). This was followed by a great selection of cooked breakfasts - they do a very good scrambled egg!
What more can I say, except, that there is a wonderful selection of art work around the house which adds to the cosy, at home feel of the place.
We will be paying them another visit when heading down Dorset/Devon way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
swanhillhouse, Owner at Swan Hill House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so much for the review, it was lovely to meet you both and so glad you were comfortable in our house! If only it had been a bit sunnier for the River Cottage Fair.......We hope you had a safe journey home and hope to see you in the future. Simon and Libby

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have just enjoyed a 2-night stay and, looking back over the previous reviews, we realise that It has all been said and that it has all been merited, so let us just summarise our comments:
Our hosts, Simon and Libby, a lovely, friendly couple.
Accommodation, excellent.
Meals, excellent.
Ambience, excellent.
You are not going to find better!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
swanhillhouse, Owner at Swan Hill House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Many thanks for the review and so glad you all had a good time, glad you enjoyed the tram, quite fun isn't it? Libby and I hope to see you in the future and have a great summer.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here for the weekend while visiting River Cottage - and aren't we glad that we did! We arrived late on the Friday evening, and received a warm welcome from Simon, a quick tour around our room, and we're then left to settle in. The room was spotlessly clean, the en suite bathroom was equally as clean and very well appointed. Our room had everything a pair of weary travellers could need, namely a bottle opener, 2 wine glasses and a jar of homemade shortbread biscuits. Perfect!

After a blissful night's rest - fabulously comfy bed, feather-filled bedding and crisp white bed linen - we headed down for breakfast. We were warmly welcomed by Libby who, after delivering wonderful fresh coffee and tea, ( in a gorgeous, almost Art Deco style teapot which I had my eye on!), proceeded to go through the extensive breakfast menu. My partner and I both opted for the Full English. One word to sum it up? Tremendous!! By far the nicest B&B breakfast I think I've ever had. Everything on the plate was freshly cooked, and served piping hot; the scrambled eggs were out of this world!

We left the Swan Hill House sure of 2 things: if we were in the area again, there's no question where we'd stay, and if any of our friends were visiting the area, there's no where else we'd recommend for them to stay. Thank you Simon and Libby for making us feel so very welcome!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SurreyTweety

Its always great to get a review and with such positive comments, thank you so much!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent one night here on 21st April. The only disappointment is that it was only one night. My partner and I would have loved to stay longer. We stayed in room 5 I am not usually a good sleeper but here I slept very well. A very comfy bed which can be rare I have found. A brilliant choice of breakfast with many special touches,lovely fruit and a large menu to choose from also a daily special. Also which I have not had that often very good fresh coffee. Lovely to have coffee in bed with fresh milk in the room not the awfull tasting uht rubbish. Simon and Libby put a lot of thought and effort into this Business and it pays off . Lovely home made sweets when we left. What more can I say it was a joy to stay there. I hope to return .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
swanhillhouse, Owner at Swan Hill House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

You said you would and you did...so thank you very much! So glad you enjoyed your stay and lovely to meet you both. Hope to see you again!! Simon and Libby

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Beat's a lot of hotel's we have stayed in to. I cannot praise Simon & Libby enough. They work so hard to make your stay really special. The little touches make all the difference, nothing is too much effort. Home made cakes in your room, tea and cake on arrival and the rooms are of a very high standard. There is so much choice for breakfast, a lot of things on the menu home made as well (bread, jam's etc). You can tell they love what they do and they are brilliant at it. I almost felt sorry for them - they work so hard to make sure you have a wonderful stay, they must feel like a holiday themselves!

If your in that area, stay there. I have already recommended it to people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 123MJP

Well thank you very much for a wonderful review and taking the time to write one!! We are always happy when guests have enjoyed their stay and so we hope to see you again in the future! Simon and Libby