“Very good service and food”
Review of Marcello

Marcello
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was really impressed with the great service at Marcello and the food and wine were both very good. They managed to fit me in at quite short notice given that Marcello is one of the better restaurants in Topsham. Given its upmarket location, the pricing is very reasonable and there was no assumption about a service charge - although I added one.

1  Thank stantonattree

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This place is one of my favorites! I have linguini with scallops and prawns and it was amazing! Only thing I could suggest is that the waitress tries the food she serves, I asked her which dish I should go for she didn't know as she hadn't tried any of the food.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Marcello is quite a small Italian restaurant: but none the worse for that. I visited without booking (it was a Monday night) because I could not get service at my hotel, The Globe, next door.

There was an attractive menu and all the food was cooked to order. My whitebait followed by carbonara were excellent. And I thought the price was quite reasonable.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes Italian food that is cooked carefully and nicely presented. The service was also attentive without being fussy,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Lovely atmosphere matched by a great meal. Calamari were delicious as was the veal. Wine list is short but contains enough for most palates and a good selection by the glass. Also, very good value. Will be returning.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Visited here for my Mothers birthday on 7th September for afternoon dinner. My Mother lives in Cornwall and we live in Southampton. We wanted to meet half way and found this on Trip Advisor. After reading the reviews we were expecting a great experience. We were not disappointed. Although we have been to restaurants with a more extensive menu, this is clearly so the chef can devote special attention to every dish whilst using fresh ingredients. We all thoroughly enjoyed our tasty meals and would recommend this lovely restaurant to anyone. The 5 hour round trip was worth it.

1  Thank Paul H