“Lovely local italian”
Review of Marcello

Marcello
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Lovely, freshly cooked good food, good size portions. Can't really fault it except that we got sat up stairs on our own where we didnt see anyone else the whole time there which took away from the atmosphere as there was no music or anyhting.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed in Topsham for the weekend and this restaurant was directly opposite our accommodation. We went on a Saturday night without booking and had to be seated upstairs. It was okay but lacking in atmosphere as it was really just an overflow space - very noisy and echoey too. Food was pretty good, we had antipasto, calamari to start - nice and fresh. Excellent pizza and lasagne for mains - too much food to need a starter!! Service was a little lacklustre with inexperienced waitresses who did not know a lot about the food on offer. The only issue was they added a bottle of wine to our bill that we didn't have but that was soon rectified. Overall a very nice experience that wasn't cheap at £25 a head, but the food was good enough to justify it. Would definitely go back and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends visiting the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We visited with friends who manage a pub in Topsham and had already booked a table for us all to meet. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. There was a wide variety of choice on the menu as well as some specials. I had the house pasta for main but didn't like one of the ingredients, so I asked the waitress if it would be possible to leave it out and this was no trouble at all. Everyone in the group commented on how amazing the food was the only trouble we were all too full to sample the dessert menu. That only means one thing though, that we need to visit again. If you like Italian food you definitely need to visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I visited here for a family meal where we had the whole of downstairs booked out and I have to say that I had one of the nicest Italian Meals I have ever experienced the starter and main were fresh and extremely well seasoned and the desert was sublime. All of our dishes which were pre ordered came out in a timely manner and nobody had a bad word to say about the service which was attentive but not overbearing. I look forward to visiting again and I will try the Chicken and goats cheese Penne which was to die for.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a great choice for a good value meal out in Topsham. The managing staff are very friendly although some of their younger members of waiting staff are quite inexperienced! The food is a good quality and always served promptly. My favourites are the calamari and whitebait to start, and the pasta main course dishes are very tasty. The meat and fish courses are also very good but the menu rarely changes. I have visited the restaurant mainly in the evenings when it can get busy/noisy especially if there is a large party next to you, but an evening spent at Marcello's is always enjoyable.