The Globe
Travelodge Exeter M5(Exeter)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
US$106
TripAdvisor
US$105
US$102
ClarionHotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
HIExpress.com
Gipsy Hill Hotel(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$74
PremierInn.com
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsst austell brewerythe pubmain buildingcoaching inncar parksunday lunchcourtyard roommusselslarge bathroomfriendly hotellovely roomhigh streetcomfy bedold buildingexeterestuaryales
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed one night at the Globe - the room was lovely, very spacious, very clean and beautiful bathroom. Bed was super comfy. All in all, great. Breakfast the next morning was lovely with lots of choice. I then had a meal a few days later with my family - fabulous. The service was outstanding, they couldn't do enough for us, and the food was really delicious. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank clare186361
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Me and my husband regularly visit Devon and we were advised to visit the lovely small town of Topsham. I can honestly say I've never been more pleased with a hotel! The receptionists were fantastic and very helpful, the food was cooked perfectly (and I'm a fussy eater) and the young waiter was very attentive. There was a varied menu..something for every taste bud!

We were within walking distance of everything we needed (shops, restaraunts, train station etc). The ONLY downfall is the carpark which is very small and awkward but there is plenty of on-street parking & public carparks around.

The rooms are absolutely stunning! The owners have definitely put money and thought into the decor...and the beds..well, best nights sleep I've ever had! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area or even just for leisure! Thankyou to all the staff who made our visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I get a little fed up of negative publicity for such wonderful venues.
Quite frankly we had the best time (four nights) at The Globe in Topsham, Exeter. It was touch and go as to whether the refurbishments would be complete by the time we arrived. BUT they were and we were given a courtyard room, which had been refurbished to the highest standard. The decorations were superb, the appointments, not least the most comfortable bed.
Food - Some may say a limited menu - Nonsense - Extensive NO - Delicious and cooked to perfection (in our opinion) YES - The waiting staff were superb and even arranged at short notice a table for four, when we invited family down from Taunton on spec.The young waitress and waiter were really on the ball and directing staff older than themselves to great effect. Well Done!
Brilliantly placed for attending the Devon County Show (which may mean I will have trouble booking in next time!!)
Overall - The hotel is refurbished to a most impressive standard. We have nothing bad to say, but for a minor point, which when raised with management was adressed within minutes/hours/seconds - hence no mention here, being somewhat trivial.
To praise the management - They were there all the time, taking direction from staff running both bar and dining areas. There was no 'I'm management - do as I say' - They really appreciated the skills and abilities of their appointed staff.
Are we after a cheap or 'free' stay' - NO - I will happily pay for a wonderful stay in this well appointed hotel, set in a most picturesques setting, which is Topsham, right on the River Exe.
Many thanks to all concerned frm management to room cleaners and everyone in between

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WillandBud
Candace_StAustell, Guest Relations Manager at The Globe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed for one night at The Globe Hotel enroute to a business meeting. I have to say that the welcome firstly was fantastic and warm. I was given a quiet table in the restaurant where two colleagues joined me. We enjoyed a great meal, with some fantastic St Austell beer - recommend a pint of their "Proper Job".

Spent a little time in the bar in the evening, it had a great feel to it with several locals and other visitors to the hotel.

My room was fantastic, very comfortable bed and a great nights sleep. Id definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a well priced, great quality hotel with great access to Exeter, Exmouth and Dartmoor.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rsaunders87
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic evening meal here last night. In fact the food and staff were first class and i would urge anyone who has not dined here before to pay this wonderful establishment a visit. The food and service was exceptional and we have taken memories away that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends