“Once again an excellent lunch provided by the Galley !!”

The Galley Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at The Galley Topsham we want to impress you with 'the best of Devon on a plate'. We are passionate about serving you the freshest fish and seafood, simply and stylishly presented, together with exciting meat and vegetarian options sourced from local farms so we think we have something for everybody. We have a daily changing menu which means we only serve what is in season and locally available, so you can be sure that what you are eating is of the best quality. Our a la carte menu is available at lunch and dinner. At lunch we offer a special menu of two courses for £16. So whether it's a long lingering dinner, a light lunch or a business engagement we have something to suit you. We love wine and have worked hard to create a balanced wine list that includes top favourites along with some interesting options you may not be so familiar with. We are very happy to recommend a wine to go with any of our dishes so please do ask. The atmosphere in the restaurant is relaxed and friendly. We have no dress code and we warmly welcome families with children. Great food is nothing without great service however and we put a huge emphasis on matching the service to your needs. Nigel is on hand front of house to greet you with a friendly smile and make sure you relax and enjoy your meal. With our unique location on Topsham Quay and fabulous views over the River Exe you can soak up the atmosphere of this ancient sea port from the comfort of our two dining rooms.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Excellent, attentive service. Super cuisine accompanied by good wine.
Fair value for money considering the standard of food provided.
Thoroughly recommended as this was my third visit here in the last 12 months.
It cant be by accident that each time we have received the same high quality meals.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Out for a birthday get-together and had a lovely evening. The menu was spot-on - not too extensive but difficult to choose from as it all sounded promising. We ate a fair variety from the menu and everyone was very happy with the quality. Service was excellent; friendly and informal but efficient and accommodating. In no way disappointed and look forward to going again.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Fantastic food, lovely restaurant and excellent, friendly service that truly makes the place. We've been trying to get in for a while, but it's now evident why they are always so busy!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was our second celebration at The Galley and it did not disappoint. Wonderful and considerate service. Starter of scallops and black pudding was a dream followed by risotto for two while others enjoyed sea bass and cod loin. All looked delicious and we were spoilt for choice. As it was an occasion we persuaded ourselves to have a dessert and were not sorry!! Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My husband booked The Gallery in advance for a birthday lunchtime treat for me. He is now very much in my good books. The service was attentive but unobtrusive. My husband had the dressed crab to start which was lovely but he ended up being insanely jealous of my scallop and black pudding starter which was amazing. After the starter, the owner mentioned that their chef had left yesterday! All I can say is if this food was prepared by an apprentice - hang on to him/her because he/she has talent.
My husband went for the Sea bream with risotto for his main course and I had the Brixham Brill and scallops. Again I could not have wished for a tastier dish. I've read previous reviews about a lack of carbohydrate!! To be honest - I'm glad mine didn't have carbs. Although i did have a sneaky spoon of the risotto which was wonderful. For desert I went for strawberries, shortbread and cream with my husband having Almond panna cotta. The owner also popped a sparkler on my desert to wish me happy birthday which was a lovely touch.
So, a three course meal delivered to an exceptionally high standard with top quality ingredients in a beautiful setting. We will be back for more.
A 3 course meal for 2 with a bottle of wine and a port each was under £100! Personally, it's the best £100 we've spent in a while.

1  Thank Yeralc